Writing Justified School Movies The Hunger games Prom
Few things that I've been meaning to blog about but never have:
- The Hunger Games ~ Been reading through the series; I'm a little more than a third through Mockingjay right now. I actually like them. While the writing isn't the best, and the present tense bugged me at first, but I've gotten used to it and now I really enjoy them. I'm quite excited to finish the series. Will blog about it more when I do, most likely. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan to soon.
- Speaking of movies ~ The Dark Knight Rises is going to be amazing. That is all. The Hobbit and Les Miserables will be, too.
- School/College ~ So school's been picking up, and that plus being sick recently would account for my not staying on top of everything here (SSCC, some PMs I haven't replied to, etc.). But anyway, for college I decided to go to community college for two years then transfer to UC Irvine or somewhere after that; saves a lot of money, allows me to get a job, etc.
- Justified ~ Quite an awesome TV show; started watching it about a month ago or so, and now I'm caught up to the most recent episode -- can't wait for next season. Raylan Givens is awesome.
- Writing ~ So I've been working on several writing "projects" though haven't worked on much recently, unfortunately. Micah, John and I have our BZPRPG story arc which will be awesome but has been inactive for a while haha. Hopefully we'll start that up again. We actually created a blog for it, that way we can keep track of our posts through all the hundreds of other posts. Maybe I'll see about disabling commenting so it can be linked here but we'll see. Then there's a story I'm working on with John, but that too hasn't been worked on in a while, but we've got some big plans for it so it'll be fun once we start writing. Lastly of course there's the write-offs I've mentioned in a couple entries; I really love how they've been getting me to actually write for once. I've seriously written more in the past three-ish weeks than I have in the past like three years. No, they're not perfect, and yes they're all only like one-page stories, but hey, it's writing.
- And, most importantly, over the "downtime" (though, seriously, it was like a week; not a big deal) I attended the Senior Prom with a amazing person (she was prom queen, hence the crown if anyone's wondering), and had an absolutely amazing time:
Really just an awesome and wonderful night. But anyway, that's about all I've got for now...I swear there was something else I meant to talk about but oh well.