Epic Review Pass
Ambage Review Pass Epics
The Ambage Epic Review Pass
To write well, you need constructive criticism. No writer is perfect -- everyone can improve. Therefore, reviews are necessary.
Everyone posts stories on BZPower to get feedback. This "Review Pass" system will help with that. A "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of thing. Or rather, "I'll scratch his and you scratch mine and she'll scratch yours and he'll scratch hers and she'll scratch his, etc."
Here's how it works: You review the requested story last posted. You then post one of your own stories for the next reviewer. The next reviewer will read your story and then post one of theirs for the next. Please see the first three comments in the SSs entry by myself, Cederak, and Tolkien as an example for how this works (however, all reviews must be new).
Please keep in mind the following:
- First you post to claim the review. Then you review; only then do you edit your post and make your review request. No "I'll get to it later." If you do not edit your post with your review within a few hours, your comment will be deleted and your requested story will not be reviewed.
- You may request a review for one of your own works or for the work of another.
- You may request reviews for the same story more than once, but bear in mind that you will run out of fresh reviewers sooner or later.
- Completey Off Topic stories are entirely admissible and encouraged.
- Epics only in this entry.
- See the Achievements blog entry for the points you can earn. Keep in mind that only substantial reviews will count (I'm not looking for SSCC or ECC quality reviews, but just reviews that help the author and give some constructive criticism -- point out everything you can in a nice way in order to help your fellow authors improve).
- All reviews must be new reviews. The first three posts were just an example for how the system works -- all reviews cannot be previously posted on BZPower.
- Ambage members only.