Top Ten Tuesday #6: Bookish Goals For 2013
Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
- Read at least 52 books -- a book a week. I've been doing it the past two years, I don't plan on stopping now.
- Read 12 books that have been on my shelf for over a year. I have over 500 books on my shelves, and I've probably only read half of those, if not even less.
- Read the Lord of the Rings. I still can't believe I haven't read these yet, but I will this year.
- Read the rest of A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin. On Monday I picked up A Clash of Kings again after having put it down last September at 300 pages (not that it was bad -- it was amazing -- but it was hard to focus during school, and unfortunately I needed a faster-paced book). I'm now over page 850, and should finish it tomorrow.
- Read more Sherlock Holmes. I've actually only read a few of his short stories, so I plan to read more, if not all, this year.
- Finally read a book by Stephen King. Another author that I surprisingly haven't read anything by yet.
- Finally read Without Remorse, by Tom Clancy. And perhaps his other early Jack Ryan books, as I've only read Dead or Alive and later.
- Read at least two Science Fiction books from my shelves. I don't read Sci-Fi much. In fact, I could probably count on one hand how many Sci-Fi books I've read. So I hope to read at least a couple this year.
- Finish collecting some book series that I am in the middle of collecting. I have a small obsession where I like to have every book in a series if I enjoyed the first book (or even if I haven't read a book yet =P).
- Stop buying so many new series until I've read the ones I have. Because I can get so many books for so cheaply at my local used books store (both hardback and paperback for either $1 or $5), and mostly in good-to-new condition, I'll often go on book-buying sprees. While I love it, and I think there's anything wrong with it, I do think I should hold off buying entire new series until I've read the ones I have. =P