I am ashamed to say that I haven't really done much over the recent downtime. Writing-wise, at least. What do I blame that to?
- Reading a bunch of Agatha Christie murder mysteries
- Watching a couple seasons of NCIS my grandpa got on DVD and let me borrow [an awesome show, I must say]
- Doing numerous things on other forums
Not an excuse, I know. I have done a few things, though:
- Started writing an epic that Nuju Metru and myself are co-writing -- it's the new "Chronicles of Velox".
- Started re-writing Death of a Dark Hunter. I posted this before the server crash back in March, and I never re-posted it because I didn't really like it. Well, I got the inspiration to re-write it one day, so I didn't hesitate. Unfortunately I didn't finish.
- Worked a little bit on that Takanuva story I've been working on. I don't really have inspiration for that any more, though.
- Started working on my BS01 story. Here's what I have so far [and is a copy/paste from another forum]:
A small being woke up lying in the sand. Sand, the being thought to himself, is what this tan stuff is. How do I know that? I have no recollection of anything before now. Nothing except voices.
All I can remember are the millions of voices screaming out in pain. Voices crying out as beings were murdered before their eyes. Murdered in cold blood. For that is what happens in war. Images begin to form in my mind.
It was war over a liquid silvery substance. It was pathetic. And yet. Maybe it wasn't so pathetic after all."Kirbold" grinned at the thought. He reached to his side, feeling the bag lying at his waist. He placed his hand in, and pulled out a small glass bottle filled with a silvery liquid. Energized Protodermis. He laughed insanely, picking it up and holding it high in the air. He threw it up and caught it as it fell back down.
He held it close to his body, as if it were a child.
Yeah, it sucks right now. I really wish we could write in first person. In fact, I most likely will write it in first person, save it, and then change some parts to make it third person and post that one, and post the first person version after the contest. I'm not sure who the Agori will be yet, so for now it's "Kirbold".
Some things would be so much better if it was first person, so I'll have to work on that. Also, he had a head injury in war, and remembers nothing. I'll hopefully be able to awesomely reveal that later on in the story, but we'll see.
Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated. I'll edit this as I add more.
And, yes, he is insane. EP is like "my precious" to him as the Ring is go Gollum.
Yeah, not all that good. I hope to work on it in the near future, but I really don't know. I just hope I can finish it before the deadline ends.
. . . That's about it, except for a few other in-life things.