Well, I finally went there today. I got ten books for ~$12:
- A Cry In the Night -- Mary Higgins Clark. Got this because she spoke at my brother's [college] graduation, and so he wanted me to see if she was good or not [and it is mystery, which is a genre I like, and it was a dollar, so why not].
- The Hunt For Red October -- Tom Clancy. The movie was awesome, why not the book? Besides, it was only a dollar. =P
- Patriot Games -- Tom Clancy. I just heard Tom Clancy is good, and this one sounded cool [and have not seen the movie, so that'll help with my possibly biased attitude when I read it =P].
- Clear and Present Danger -- Tom Clancy. Again, this one just sounded good, and is huge and hardback and still only one buck.
- Unfinished Tales -- J.R.R. Tolkien. It's by Tolkien. Enough said.
- Artemis Fowl -- Eoin Colfer. I loved that series, and so when I saw the book, I bought it, as 1) it was only a buck; and 2) I wouldn't mind reading it again, along with the whole series.
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie. It's Agatha Christie. I love her works. This is one of them. Enough said [and also because I haven't read it yet, so that's a plus].
- Five Little Pigs (Murder in Retrospect) -- Agatha Christie. See above.
- Term Limits -- Vince Flynn. Yes, I know, this is only nine. That's because I bought two of this one, lol. No, I did not mean to -- I wasn't really paying attention and just saw the different covers xD. It's okay, though -- they buy/trade books, too, so I'll just exchange it some time since they have more from him.
In short, I am very happy. And I have a lot of reading to do, lol [still have three library books, the used books from my blog entry a few entries down, these, and then a few that I already have at home that I haven't read yet].
And first day of school went well I guess. I can already tell all of my classes are gonna be hard [except maybe Latin, which will only be semi-hard]. Ah, well. At least I'll have good books to flee to. =P