Hearts of Iron 4 Goals
video game grand strategy WWII America 1984
I want to recreate the geopolitical Oceania Superstate from 1984, starting as America, but without the Big Brother government. So I intend on starting as America, and fighting against both the Axis and the Allies. And to make things challenging, I want to:
1) Remain a healthy democracy the whole time. Too many people conquer the world as Fascist America, and that's just too simple.
2) Restrict my military to voluntary enlistment (no draft).
3) Only ever maintain light occupation policies.
4) Reach the Oceania Superstate borders before the development of the nuclear bomb.
5) Replace the South Africa portion of Oceania with Japan, Korea, and the Russian Far East.
6) All land won that is not part of my planned geopolitical superstate will be completely liberated, not turned to puppet or satellite states.
7) I'm strongly considering liberating Great Britain and Ireland as well.
8) Give my baby Liberia a large chunk of Africa.
9) Play with Historic Focus on.
10) Since I did say that I wanted to make things challenging, play on the hardest difficulty. Obviously.
As a purely miscellaneous "if I can but it isn't necessary" goal, I would also like to declare war on Francisco Franco. When it's all said and done, I would like to write up a few chapters of alternative history to describe the world after this particular war and how it affected things such as the Space Race, the Cold War, the War on Terror, and so forth. Obviously there would be no Korean War...and there might not be a Vietnam War if there was a sense that Communism was adequately contained enough that there wouldn't be a domino effect. There wouldn't be a Cuban Missile Crisis. I mean really, a lot would change. I have no idea what the final borders in this scenario would like like beyond my stated objective, so even more could be different. No Berlin Wall? No satellite states? Probably still a Space Race...but the Olympics would vastly favor America. The oil economy would be pretty different. English would gradually become the main language of Latin America. But not Quebec. America has a much, much larger portion of the world bread basket. She never gives up the Panama Canal Zone. Obviously, in this scenario everything favors America more, with the exception that the riots in the 60's are going to be a heck of a lot worse, even without a Vietnam War.