Woot! Eggshell Garden!
Day 1 (June 18th)
- Got seeds at a wedding where I catered
- Tapped off the tops of 3 eggshells with a knife, made scrambled eggs for my dinner (I wasn’t hungry by the time they were done, so I gave them to my dog)
- Went outside and dug around in my garage for some potting soil
- Potting-soiled the now-empty egg shells
- Sprinkled in the seeds
- Put a thin layer of dirt over said seeds
- Put a worm in the left-most eggshell just for the heck of it. He’s a tiny guy.
- Watered seeds
- Took pics like a boss (1)(2)
Day 2 (June 19th)
- Woke up and promptly forgot to water my seeds
- Watering didn’t happen until 3 PM in the afternoon
- Documented their (miniscule) progress with the camera (1)(2)
- Knocked them off the window sill while raising the blinds. That was bad.
- Rescued them, it’s all good now
- Took pics (1)(2)
- Forgot to water them again, so that didn’t happen until like supper time
- Took pics like the paparazzi (1)(2)
- Had to change the batteries in my camera, blaargh. Took forever to find ones that worked. I had to steal them from the wii-mote. (1)(2) *annoying timestamps are annoying*
- I uploaded the last pics to my gallery, which took a nice chunk of time out of my Sunday morning. While that was happening, I watered my plants, and finished documenting.
- I’ll try and post again when the wildflowers are actually flowering. A transplant may be needed in the near future, they’re getting so big. (1)(2)