Well, after a horrible thanksgiving, I've made some progress. I experimented with the paper mache detail thing I've been pondering the past few weeks. It's looking good so far. Yesterday I put on the coat of the clayish paper mache stuff, and put in a dozen or so lacerations, dents, and notches in it, to look like battle damage and whatnot. It dried faster than I thought, and I sanded it to satisfaction today. I took some pictures about halfway through the process. This is the picture of the side after I sanded it somewhat
, and here is the picture of the other side
which at the time of the picture taking, wasn't sanded. Here's a picture of it on my shoulder
. After lunch we went to the local Home Depot and bought the spray paint. The kind we will use is a "Hammered copper", and looks like it will work out good. I also added a few more support strips on the helmet,
so it will retain the intended shape as my grandfather paper maches it's inside during the next few weeks. We are waiting until tomorrow morning to paint the shoulder plate, just to give it more time to fully dry. Tonight I'll paper mache the inside of the other shoulder plate. I'll post a blog entry tomorrow with pictures of the painted shoulder armor, if all goes to plan.
Well, that's all for now.