Easy Recipes From Smeag: Pasta With Peanut Sauce
Easy Recipes from Smeag
- 3/4 cup peanut butter - I used chunky, but creamy is fine too
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or teriyaki marinade
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, or garlic powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or spices to taste (I used two Vietnamese chili sauces)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 20 ounces pasta (I used thin, whole wheat spaghetti)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut in small pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions (I substituted bamboo shoots)
- 1 cup red peppers, thinly sliced and 1 inch in length (I used green pepper - I was out of red)
Carefully slice the cucumbers, peppers, and other vegetables you wish to include.
Using a blender, mix the Peanut butter, teriyaki marinade, lemon juice, garlic, spices, sugar and hot water until a smooth sauce is formed. A personal warning: seriously, use a blender. Trying to mix this by hand will be frustrating and fruitless.
Boil the pasta, rinse it under cold water, and drain. Toss with the vegetables, and then stir in the sauce. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Now wasn't that easy and delicious?