So much awesome.
As you may have noticed, I've been kinda away from BZP recently due to the wonder that is me being in grad school. Last month began my third year into the foray of graduate studentdom, and since then I've been up to the following:
- Taking Thermodynamics/Statistical Mechanics (four lectures a week spread across Thursday and Friday)
- T.A.'ing three sections of introductory physics lab
- Doing research (My group recently submitted a paper which we have gotten back with editing suggestions. We're going to resubmit tomorrow and hopefully get published! I'm going to be a for-reals published scientist!)
- Buying a Wii U bundled with The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Pictures of the awesome GamePad will follow. As of this writing, I have just beaten Gohdan)
- Finding out exactly what a true Hufflepuff is, anyways.
I'm very happy with the improvements made in the game. If only there weren't so much BLOOM (it's not that bad, though).
All time averages:
Views: 57.4 ± 45.8
Replies: 2.2 ± 2.6 (LOL)
Word Count: 176 ± 242 (BIGGER LOL)
Post-server upgrade averages:
Views: 79.9 ± 42.6
Replies: 2.58 ± 3.01 (LOL again)
Word Count: 198 ± 292 (BIGGER LOL again)
Views: 266 (courtesy of "Ask Akano" blog entry; Fort Legoredo review got 265, a close second)
Replies: 24 (again, "Ask Akano")
Word Count: 1711 (Vampyre Castle review)
Here are the graphs for each stat.
What I learned from this experience:
- Before the server upgrade, I made a lot of posts about how I'm a terrible blogger.
- Among my most viewed posts were my set reviews.
- My old text color is more painful to view since the background is now completely white.
- Most of my blog posts have fewer than 50 words.
- Most of my blog posts get zero replies.
- Post-server upgrade, most of my entries get between 60-90 views. Pre-upgrade, they got between 10-20 views.
- This is my 186th post.
The red dot is a classical bouncing ball evolving over time (it's pretty boring comparatively). On the left is a plot of the probability of finding the particle at a certain height (the vertical axis) at any given time of the movie. The quantum particle does sort of bounce, become kind of wavy and messy, and then bounces again, but out of phase with the classical ball.
TL;DR: Cool animation of doing mundane physics with a quantum system with results that are anything but mundane. Click the links to have your mind blown.
I also like a lot of their remixed songs. (Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone sound really cool!)
In A Link to the Past news, I've rescued the maiden in the Dark World version of the Lost Woods and am now in the Village of Outcasts trying to find out where the next maiden is being kept. I'm also getting thoroughly thieved by the denizens of said village. On an unrelated note, my roommate and I also got shiny Dialga at GameStop recently. That's pretty sweet.
And tomorrow I have my first class. Looks like my summer's officially over...
My loot includes
- A pin
- A BrickFair brick (It's actually three bricks stacked on top of each other, but whatever.)
- A yellow prototype Shadow Leech! (Thanks, Black Six!)
- A yellow 1980s space guy.
- Two minifigs (Build-your-own)
- A bag of BIONICLE pieces for Tekulo
Soon I hope to upload some more pictures of our BrickFair adventure, so keep an eye out for that.
*avoids all the random objects being thrown at him in disagreement*
Let me explain.
I'm currently rescuing the maidens in the Dark World. I'm making the assumption that you're supposed to rescue them in numerical order, but I think they can be saved in (almost) any order. I've rescued two of them, with the third lying in the Dark World equivalent of the Lost Woods (the Skeleton Forest, I think?). Anyway, it took me forever to figure out how to get over there, since no obvious path showed itself on my map.
This game needs a guide. A Navi, Tatl, Ezlo, Midna, or King of Red Lions. Someone who knows the world and can help you get to where you need to go. I've been to the fortune teller in the game to figure out where to go, but he only gives you names, not directions, which makes it frustrating when I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off all over Hyrule trying to figure out where to go next.
Perhaps it will grow on me, but right now I'm longing for Minish Cap and its wonderful gameplay...
Akano Toa of Electricity
Stone Champion Nuva
+2 for Premier Membership
+1 from Pohuaki for reporting various things in Artwork
Real Name: Forever Shrouded in Mystery
Likes: Science, Math, LEGO, Bionicle, Ponies, Comics, Yellow, Voice Acting
Notable Facts: One of the few Comic Veterans still around
Has been a LEGO fan since ~1996
Bionicle fan from the beginning
Misses the 90's. A lot.
Hieroglyphs And The Like
So, I just ordered Metal Beard's Sea Cow...Obsessionist - Mar 07 2014 05:55 PM
Equation of the Day #9: Time Dilation and Length ContractionAkano Toa of Electricity - Mar 07 2014 05:39 PM
Equation of the Day #9: Time Dilation and Length Contractionfishers64 - Mar 07 2014 05:12 PM
So, I just ordered Metal Beard's Sea Cow...Makaru - Mar 07 2014 02:49 PM
So, I just ordered Metal Beard's Sea Cow...Akano Toa of Electricity - Mar 07 2014 02:34 PM