Hey, folks. Since its last day of 2015, I thought I should take opportunity today to basically look back on this year and give you folks my thoughts on it.Like last year
, I am going to summarized it in a pros and cons list since I think that was pretty good method of doing it. Before I start though, I thought I would share really quick what I got during the holidays last Friday. It's not much really, but I don't really need anything.
So yeah, here's what I got:
- Two Pairs of Sweatpants (Black, Dark Grey)
- Two Short Sleeve Shirts (Red, Blue)
- A Black Pair of Work Pants
- Two coffee mugs (From a co-worker, who is literally the nicest person I know as she had gifts for everyone at my workplace!)
- A bonus check from work
- A Target Gift Card from work (Which is 25 dollars...I have no idea what I am going to use it on.)
- Tom Nook and Mabel Amiibo (from my sister)
- Some cash from family
- Steam Games (from a real life friend): Tabletop Simulator, Gravity Ghost, Polarity, LEGO Jurassic World, Shelter 2, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and The LEGO Movie - Video Game
That's pretty much everything I got during the holiday.
I mean I did end up buying later for myself, a second monitor (I been wanting to go dual monitor for awhile now. Mostly because of I really like that setup at work. So yeah, I got two monitors now.) and a TV for my brother (He brought himself a PS4 and well, I figured he probably wouldn't want me annoying him playing online shooters, so I brought TV as belated holiday gift.).
Besides that stuff, I had a good holiday with my family and I had fun looking after a rabbit for awhile.
Hm...I must say that I miss having Coco (the rabbit) around (She went to my brother's girlfriend's house yesterday.). It was well, nice having the company. But anyway, that's enough about how my holiday went. Let's actually get to talking about 2015 as a whole.
So without further ado, here's my review of 2015:Pros
- Like last year, I still have my job, which is something that I am grateful for. Especially since it been a tough year for my company since as mention before
, our overtime hours were cut since we weren't getting enough work. Things thankfully do seem to be getting a little better though, so here's hoping 2016 is better year for my company.
- I celebrated my 10th anniversary of BZPower and I got to share a pretty cool piece of Bionicle history from the 2000s.
- I somehow managed to attend the convention days of BrickFair VA, which honestly I still can't believe that happen this year. I never thought I would get to see what things were like at BrickFair VA. I am thankful that my friend was willing drive me there and hang out with me for like almost a week.It was interesting experience to
say the least. I got to high five DeeVee (Which was pretty cool), I got a painting of Lucina
from Nuyaka, and I met quite a few BZPers (Lady K, Makuta Luroka, AT, Aanchir, Lyichir, ect).
- I got to checked out the Zelda Symphony again, which was a fun evening in my opinion (Although we did end up leaving a bit early near the end since my friend wanted to avoid exit traffic).
- I started to use my Netflix account a bit more and I am now into quite a few Sci-Fi shows (Star Trek, Firefly, Farscape, the X-Files, ect.) XD
- Like last year, my family and I are still in good health mostly (We did briefly have a cancer scare with my mother, but it turned out benign thankfully.).
- While not as in-depth as I would like (I would like to have seen a bit more world building.), I would say BIONICLE 2015 story did a good job with what it had and the story animations in general were pretty good.
Beside story elements, I like what I have seen in the sets that I have (Pohatu, four Protectors, and Mask of Creation Titian set). It's nice to have gear functions back.
- I managed to host another little giveaway here back in August
and I think it went pretty well. I was actually considering doing one for BIONICLE Chapter Book #2, but I didn't really have time to set that up sadly.
- I got to see Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, which is my personal movie of the year.
- Like previous years, I still have my one real life friend, so I hadn't completely been engulf with feelings of loneliness (Although I will admitted I did have a few moments of this at vary points in the year. But eh, that's life of someone that is terrible with people.).
- Lastly, I have continued to make donations to vary charities and stuff throughout the year.Cons
- As mention above
, it hasn't been a great year for my work and I hadn't had much of any luck in finding other employment (Most jobs in my field are like an hour or so away from my location, which isn't an easy commute for someone that can't drive.).
- Like previous years, I still don't have driver's license. However unlike previous years, I have actually scheduled for the test now, so that might just change next week if I am successful. So there's hope that I might be starting off the new year with a license.
- BrickFair VA wise, I don't think I was as sociable as I could been and I feel kind of bad, not getting to say good bye to some people. *shrugs* I also tripped and scrapped up my arm and have vary of stomach issues. So while it was fun time, there definitely was some pitfall to the trip.
Overall, I guess you could say that 2015 was mostly positive year for me. I mean certainly it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but it could been worst.
I guess next I'll talk about "goals" for 2016. Here are my goals for new year (They are pretty similar to last year's. XD):
- Get into better shape / Lose Weight
- Try to get my driver's license (Assuming it doesn't go well next Friday)
- Get some MOCs ready to ship out to some of LEGO conventions
- Maybe visit BrickFair VA again (To be honest, I am kind of fence about though as it is pretty expensive trip... That and well, chances are I might be doing it alone, so that's kind of scary. And well, I am pretty terrible with people...)
That's about it for my goals. But anyway, I have kept you folks here long enough. I hope you all have a great new year and thank you for taking the time to read this. Talk to you later, BZPers.
Oh, and Happy New Year, BZPower!
- JMJ 2015