Bethesda - Overview
So first up is Bethesda since they were the first conference, I saw this year.
Now I got to be honest I am not really that familiar with Bethesda. I mean I hadn’t play any of their games before (Although I do “own” Dishonored & Skyrim on Steam. I just hadn’t gotten around to playing either of those game.), so I am not sure really how to judge their conference as I had no expectations for it.
Therefore, I would probably take my thoughts here as a grain of salt really. Not that I really had a problem with conference. I actually thought they did pretty well in terms of coverage for the games.
Although personally I can’t say I care for some of their games (Such as Doom & The Elder Scrolls: Legends). Really the only games from the event that interested me were Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4.
I care about Dishonored 2 mostly because while I have not play the first game yet, I am familiar with the game since I did watch a Let’s Play of it (By Youtuber, Jesse Cox, for those wondering.), so I am glad to hear there will be another game in that universe. And well, the trailer was pretty awesome and shown off Emily as a playable character.
As for Fallout 4, I mostly care abut it due to high levels customization shown off in the trailer and because it looks like it could be fun. *shrugs* I admit I am not completely sold it since it does feel kind weird jumping into a series at fourth installment. Hopefully it will be easy to get into, if I do consider getting it in the future.
Alright, that's all I have say on Bethesda conference. Oh, and feel free to suggest some Bethesda PC games to me since like I say I hadn't play any games from them before, so I am interested to hear if there are any that I should check out. Thanks in advance.
Microsoft - Overview
Next up is Microsoft conference and I'll admit I am not fan of Microsoft really. It mostly because they kind of "killed" Rare Studios. So with that biased in mind, I would say their conference was alright.
They actually showcase some interesting indie stuff. But outside of that, I was kind bored with their presentation, especially when they were talking about Halo or that car game. XD
Uh, the games that interested me (if I had an Xbox One) were the following:
- Beyond Eyes (Hoping for PC release)
- Tacoma (Again, hoping for PC release)
- Rare Replay
- Sea of Thieves
Outside of that, the HoloLens presentation was kind cool. I am interested to see what might come from that technology.
Another cool thing that they announced the Xbox One will now be backward compatibility (It feel a bit late) with Xbox 360. I mean it doesn't interest me personally as I own neither system, but it was a nice thing for Microsoft to do.
Alright, that's all I have say about Microsoft.
Electronic Art & Ubisoft - Overview
I hadn't watched either of these two, so I can't really comment on how they did or if there was any games that I was interested in. Uh, I don't feel like watching either of them right now. XD
So I guess that sums up my thoughts on them pretty well. Uh, I might update this later with some thoughts. In the meantime, you are welcome to share what you thought was great about those conferences here.
Sony - Overview
Okay, it is time for thoughts on Sony conference. Now unlike Microsoft, I like Sony. Mostly because they seem to have a lot more variety when it comes to games (That and well, the Kingdom Hearts series is primarily on their systems. XD).
Although I should note that I don't own a PS4 and I have no intention of getting one till at Kingdom Hearts III has been released, assuming it actually end up on PS4. =P
But anyway, enough about my bias, personally I thought Sony did the best out of these E3 conferences. Like I really felt like they hit it out of park with these cool titles: The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and No Man's Sky.
They also announce stuff like a remake for FFVII and a sequel to an old Sega game, Shenmue III. Personally I am not too excited about those as I am not too familiar with either series, but it was still a cool announcement and I am sure the fans of both series are happy.
They shown some footage from Batman: Arkham Knight, which reminds me that I should check that series out sometime. I mean it has my favorite Batman (Kevin Conroy) in it and looks interesting. So yeah, I might have check that out sometime.
I actually got Batman: Arkham City from a friend recently on Steam (Thanks again, Makuta Luroka.). Although I should probably play the series in order, so I'll have to see about getting Arkham Asylum.
One last thing of interest from Sony Conference was Uncharted 4. I am not really familiar with the series, but it looks might be kind interesting.
Hm...Speaking of Uncharted series, is the series worth checking out? I do have PS3, so if the previous games are on there, I guess I could play them sometime in the future, maybe.
That's all I have say about Sony Conference.
Nintendo - Overview
Its Nintendo time!
I don't think I need to explain my bias for Nintendo since I think it is pretty obvious that they are my favorite of three major console companies. And well, I have played Nintendo products for majority of my life. So yeah, I definitely I am bias about them.
That being said, I thought this year's E3 announcements were kind lackluster and to be honest, I was kind expecting that after they announced that Zelda U has been delayed and wouldn't be show off at E3 this year (I understood the reason for delay and all, but it would been nice to have seen more of development at least.).
I mean not that I am saying they needed a Zelda title to make this E3 awesome or something. I just mean that based on previous Directs from this year, it didn’t feel like they had a lot going on when it comes major titles, outside of Xenoblade Chronicles X and Star Fox (I didn’t include Yarn Yoshi in this list because I don’t think it will be system seller for Wii U.). *shrugs*
Still though, for what it is worth, they had one of most entertaining conferences since that Muppet opening was pretty great (I would love to see those Muppets again in the future.).
But anyway, since this is Nintendo, I am going share all my thoughts on what they announced today:
- Earthbound Beginnings (Or as it is originally known, Mother 1): I’ll admit I probably would prefer to have gotten news that a remake was being made of Mother 1 rather than an updated port as Mother 1 is the most dated (Especially in terms of sprite graphics.) of the trilogy.
Of course, as soon as I heard the news, I instantly went to the eShop and brought it because I wanted to show my support for the Mother series. Furthermore, I am curious to see how it compares to its sequel, Earthbound.
That and well, I am hoping this might convince Nintendo down the line to release Mother 3 here too.
- Super Mario Maker: While I hadn’t really seen any of Treehouse stuff for it yet, it looks like it will be pretty cool, based on what I seen from the Digital Event. I am looking forward to its release. I might even try to attempt the Best Buy thing this weekend for it. XD
- Star Fox Zero: I must say this title looks like it should be fun. But man, I wish they could had this as a demo at Best Buy. XD
Also Wonderful 101 Director, Hideki Kamiya, loves you.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes: I am not sure what think of this game really. I am tempted by it due to multiplayer element, even though I doubt anyone would want to play online with me. XD
- Hyrule Warriors Legends: I already own the Wii U version (And I am nowhere near done it), so I don't see much a reason to get it as it is pretty much the same game, but with some bonus Wind Waker characters. *shrugs*
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force: Uh, I can't say I care for this one way or the other. Although I do think that it might been a better idea to make a new 2D Metroid game rather than a spinoff. But well, maybe it will surprise me.
- Fire Emblem: Fates: I am pretty hype for this game, although I hope they don't make me have to buy the game three times to get the whole experience.
Additionally I also gotten word that marriage will be thing again, but it doesn't look like same-sex marriages were included, which is extremely disappointing... *sigh*
- Genei Ibun Roku X FE: Honestly I don't know what to think of this game. I should probably watch some Treehouse stuff on it as this trailer really tells me nothing. XD
- Xenoblade Chronicles X: THE HYPE IS ON FIRE!
Yeah, I am mega hype for this game. I am so glad we finally got a release date.
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: I am kind of interest in this. Mostly because I am curious about the gameplay element and how Amiibo cards work.
- Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival: I'll be honest I am only interested in this for the Amiibo figures. XD The game itself, I don't think I would have anyone to play it with.
- Yoshi’s Wolly World: I loved Yoshi's Island as a kid, so naturally I am pretty excited about this new Yoshi game and I look forward to play it.
Also I must have those special Yoshi amiibo! XD
- Yo-Kai Watch: Eh... I don't really care either way about this. I got enough games to deal with as it is. XD
- Fatal Frame: Madien of Black Water: I am bit disappointed that they kept this out of Digital Event, although I understand the reasoning. As for my thoughts on it, I am actually interested in it. I watched someone play one of older games in the series before, so I think I will give this game a try.
- Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash: Like Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, the Amiibo packed with this is mostly what I care about.
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam: Okay, I am not familiar with Paper Mario series. But I do enjoy Mario & Luigi series, so I am interested what will come from this. I don't know if I will buy it at release though.
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: Eh... Yeah, I can't even pretend to care about this game.
And those were my thoughts on the Nintendo conference. Obviously I didn't hate it or something, but it definitely wasn't the ideal E3 event with announcements on big secret projects that making me go, "Take my money, Nintendo."
Square Enix - Overview
Honestly there wasn't a whole lot of interesting things going on at Square's presentation. Really the only noteworthy things from it were Kingdom Hearts III trailer and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer, which generated major hype for me.
I was especially hyped by the Kingdom Hearts III trailer, even though the game won't be coming out until like 2017 or later. XD
And that's all my thoughts on this year's E3. Feel free to share your own here, if you want.
Alright, that's enough from me for today. I hope you are having a great week and thanks for taking the time to read this. Talk to you later, BZPers.
- JMJ 2015