Hey, folks. I thought I should take opportunity today to basically look back on this year and give you folks my thoughts on it.
Hm...I am summarized this year with a pros and cons list since I think its best way to address the entire year without taking too much of your time. Although I make no promises that I won't ramble about certain things. XD
But anyway, let's begin...Pros
- I still have my job. This pro is kind of given as obviously I am going to be happy to still be employed. XD
Especially since I am not in college and at this point, I really don't know if I am going back as honestly I don't feel like I am smart enough. And I feel like language and speech courses will destroy me. XD
But yeah, I am happy to still be employed at this company (I been there about four years now.) and well, business seems to be doing good. Not sure what else to say here, so I guess I'll move on.
- I met Black Six for the first time at Philly Brick Fest back in April. That was pretty cool. Although looking back I wished I didn't have a little panic attack after I signing the Logbook.
You see I accidentally knock something over and try to put it back how it was. That was dumb of me as obviously I shouldn't of touch it. *sigh*
I imagine I gave Black Six such a bad impression of me there, especially trying to hide behind my phone (It's my camera) when we first reach the table...
- I also met some BZPers (AT, Sumiki, Takuma Nuva, Xaeraz, Zatth, ect.) during my brief BrickFair VA visit. That was pretty awesome, although I don't think I did the greatest job introducing myself there as I did miss Lyichir, Aanchir, Meiko, and vary of others there.
I think the biggest highlight of that day though has got be DeeVee calling me over to him when I was leaving for my late lunch (I still have not sure how he knew who I was. I guess Black Six told him. *shrugs*). Kind of wish I wasn't so awkward around him though.
That and I kind of regret not doing that comic signing idea as it would been awesome to have had him sign it.
- Book 3 & 4 of the Legend of Korra series was pretty great, if you ask me. I mean yes, there is elements of it that I wish they could of done better. (Like it would been nice to have seen the Red Lotus group in Book 3 more fleshed out as characters, ect.) But overall, I like the series and I am sad to see it go as Avatar universe is pretty awesome.
- I got to go to the Pokemon Symphony and that was pretty awesome (Although I did throw up in parking lot...). I also finally got to meet Lyichir and Aanchir since they were there too. =D
So yeah, that was pretty cool event. My sister and I are actually thinking about maybe going to one in Baltimore next year.
- BIONICLE returns with GEAR FUNCTIONS! Obviously it is happening next year, but the news was released this year, so I am counting it as part of 2014. =P
- My family and I are mostly in good health. I don't think anything major happened to any us this year health wise. However my grandmother did pass away earlier this month...
- I managed to host a little giveaway here back in June and surprisingly enough it went pretty well. I hope the people that got the LEGO Movie DVDs enjoyed it. I might do something like that again in the future here.
- Like last year, I still have my one real life friend, so I hadn't completely been engulf with feelings of loneliness (Although I will admitted I did have a few moments of this at vary points in the year. But eh, that's life of someone that is terrible with people.).
- Lastly, I have continued to make donations to vary charities and stuff throughout the year.Cons
- As mention above, my grandmother died earlier this month, so that definitely has brought this year down some for me... =(
- I still don't have driver's license, which isn't surprising as that been trend for past few years now. Hopefully next year I can change that.
- Legend of Korra ended... (For what it's worth, I did like the ending to the series.)
Especially since it means we probably won't see Avatar universe again in the future. Although the comic series does seem to be continuing next year, so there is hope.
That's all that comes to mind when I think 2014, so I guess it was mostly a good year for me.
I guess next I'll talk about "goals" for 2015. Here are my goals for new year (They are pretty similar to last year's. XD):
- Get into better shape / Lose Weight
- Try to get my driver's license
- Get some MOCs ready to ship out to some of LEGO conventions
- Maybe try and visit BrickFair VA again for a day
That's about it for my goals as well, I am kind of drawing a blank on any other possible goals. XD
But anyway, I have kept you folks here long enough. I hope you all have a great new year and thank you for taking the time to read this. Talk to you later, BZPers.
Oh, and Happy New Year, BZPower!
- JMJ 2014