Welcome back to another edition of the weekly update. I'm your host Black Six, but you can call me Andrew. Let's see what's happened this past week in the Bionicle world. Eh, who am I kidding, things have been dull... for now!
The highlight of tonight is the Mailbag. I had a massive number of questions submitted over the past week and it took a while to work through them all, so the rest of this issue might not be that long. Sorry, you'll get over it.
One thing I mention in the Mailbag that I'll go into more detail about here, is the BZPower Staff Page. This past week it has actually been updated somewhat! Sure most of the bios are out of date, but now it's organized by staff group (Admins, Globals, FLs, etc...) and the members are now listed in alphabetical order! I know, it's amazing. I'm still looking into maybe adding a couple small new things on there, but if there's anything you guys think we can do to make it better, leave a comment or send me a PM!
The other thing I'm going to talk about is the LAML Radio podcast I've now appeared twice on. I really enjoy it, especially since it's like having a podcast without having to do all the work editing and hosting it (James, your dedication is inspiring). I think it's a nice break from the norm and I like getting the chance to talk about some other things in the Lego world aside from Bionicle. What do you guys think of it?
Of course, there have been a few news items this week, the biggest, I think, being the new Bionicle games (released today on Bionicle.com) and the Bionicle Battle Cards that were found in Croatia. According to Bink, they're going to be making their way through Europe, so keep your eyes peeled for them!
Oh yeah, tomorrow is ToyFair! Who wants to see a photo journal like I did back in October when I got my new computer? Let me know soon so I know to take random pictures tomorrow.
1) How often is the Staff Page updated?
2) How did you go from being a member to a staffie in like 4 days? =O
1) Every now and then. I've actually been doing some work on the staff page recently. You can see that the staff are broken up by their group and there are a couple new bios.
2) Hard work, lots of posting (meaningful posts) and great timing.
And would a sausage join BZPower?
BTW, What's better? Coke Or Pepsi
1. I would figure out what being in fate meant, and then I would take appropriate action.
2. If the sausage happened to be sentient and liked Bionicle, it very well might join BZPower.
3. I'm not a fan of colas, so I'd have to pick water as my favorite beverage, with Sprite and iced tea close behind.
Who said I decided? Perhaps I was told to be an admin. There was an opening, it needed to be filled, and I was the best candidate, so someone had to do it, and that someone was me.
What is your favorite forum on BZP?
What are the practical applications of junior physics?
What was your favorite board message when we had those little quirky quote things on them?
Have you ever been happy to get a board message?
Which of these questions was the hardest to answer?
#1 Every time something crazy happens and I have to deal with it, a little part of me wouldn't mind stopping.
#2 I've always been a fan of RPG.
#3 Getting to tell people how the world works while only having a slightly more than cursory understanding of it yourself.
#4 "Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head."
#6 This one.
2: what made you join bzpower?
3: how many games do you have for your xbox?
1: The practical applications of cloning have yet to be fully realized, but I think I've found at least one good use.
2: It was cooler than the Bionicle fan site I was running at the time on Yahoo!
3: Maybe around a dozen for the original Xbox and another dozen-ish for Xbox 360.
Who's your favorite villain (other then MoMN if that's the one)?
I heard you don't like Mudkips?
Why did you color in your avatar?
Do you still have the blue inked version image?
What exactly is your avatar?
Favorite carnivorous sea animal?
Why does Smeag do all these strange tasks for you?
1 - Well, you see, due to the causal effects of the this, the that, and the other thing, conditions occur at just the right time and place to make it so.
2 - Let's go with the Piraka, they were pretty good villains.
3 - Muaka and Kane-Ra were pretty sweet back in the day.
4 - Nope, not a fan.
5 - I felt it was time for a change.
6 - Yes.
7 - Me, as illustrated by Schizo Kaita.
8 - A dolphin.
9 - I'm his boss.
2. Who is your favourite Bionicle character storywise?
3. Which is your favourite Bionicle element?
4. What is your favourite Bionicle game?
5. Are you excited about the ToyFair this weekend?
6. What are you expecting of the 2008 summer sets?
7. What do you think of the new Bionicle artist?
(1) Muaka and Kane-ra, as above.
(4) I think Bionicle Heroes or the Mata Nui Online Game. The Voya Nui Online Game sucked me in for a while too.
(6) Three more Toa, three more Makuta, and some larger sets. I keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed.
(7) I think the art style is pretty cool. It's a lot more set-oriented then Sayger's style was, but that's not a good or bad thing.
Want to see your questions answered? PM them to me and put 'Mailbag' in the subject line. I'll pick the few I like the best and answer them in the next update.
And that's all folks! The next you'll be hearing from me will be after ToyFair in wonderful New York City!