Another Friday, another week in review. There has been plenty of little things popping up recently worth discussing, and I will do so here. So let's see what happened over the past few days.
First and foremost, we are aware of the leaked images of the summer 2008 sets. Lego has asked us not to post any images until Toy Fair in February, and we intend to oblige. If they start to become a serious problem, the usual warnings and administrative actions will be taken.
Next up, we had the LAMLradio interview. A lot of people seemed to like it and a bunch seemed surprised by my voice, for whatever reason. We're definitely interested in following this up with either more interviews or a Podcast of our own, but only time will tell what that brings.
As many of you have seen, a bunch of new content and designs have been spread throughout the official Bionicle sites. I personally think Kelly has been doing a great job with them and look forward to see what else he has planned. BionicleBattle.com also looks interesting, we'll have to see what the content on there is like when it becomes available.
Our staff has been continuing to churn out reviews. So fast, in fact, I've been having a hard time keeping up with posting them. Our Chirox review should be up later today or tomorrow, and I have at least one other ready to go, and there should be more in my inbox this weekend. We've revamped our review system to encourage a faster turnaround time on reviews, and so far it has been working great.
That's pretty much all the big stuff for this week. The gears continue to turn behind the scenes, we'll share more when we're ready.
2. Which was your favourite moment on BZP?
3. What is your favourite Bionicle song?
4. You always post pics from the ToyFair every year, don´t you? How does it feel to be one of the first people on BZP to see the summer sets?
1. The hardest times are when we have to take the site offline for an extended period of time, such as last summer. This site is here for you guys, and it's frustrating to know we're not able to always give you access to BZP.
2. There have been so many over the years, it's hard to pick one. I guess becoming an Admin was pretty big and something I will always look back on fondly.
3. I liked the song Move Along by the All American Rejects that was used back in 2006.
4. I've been providing coverage of ToyFair since 2005, so this year will be my fourth year. It's cool getting to see the sets in person and getting to play around with them, and we're very thankful that Lego provides us with that opportunity.
2. Why does the Avohkii rotate in the opposite direction of the other spinning masks? Is it a special mask? Was it an oversight that was rectified in future masks? Or doesn't it really matter which way they turn?
3. How can onua nuva fan have been a Premier Member since Nov 30, 1999 when BZP is "©2001-2008," and, according to his profile, he didn't join until August 2004?
4. Why does the Premier Member list sort most symbols to the top of the list, but tildes to the bottom? What's special about tildes that they're pushed to the bottom?
1.Nope, all they can do is approve and unapprove.
2.That was just the way Mahalis felt like making it turn.
3. That appears to be an error in the database.
4. As any ASCII Table will tell you, most symbols come before letters and numbers numerically, yet tildes come after. When members are sorted, it's not alphabetically, but by the value of the ASCII characters.
Want to see your questions answered? PM them to me and put 'Mailbag' in the subject line. I'll pick the few I like the best and answer them in the next update.
I hope you enjoyed this week's always-exciting Update. As always please leave any questions, comments, or criticism you have, we're always looking for ways to improve. Until next week!