1. Time. I really don't have the time even if I wasn't the Forum Leader over there. And not that I do a huge amount (other than reading through all the contest RPGs, dealing with reports, and running the contests - you know, little things), I haven't seen any other staffer maintain a level of activity in there that I'd be ready to hand things over to them. And yes, it is my baby.
1. I've been wondering -- how come you run the RPG Forum but never participate in any of the active RPGs? What's stopping you from handing the mantle of control over to someone like Friar Tuck or Nuju Metru? Is it nostalgia/loyalty from the fact that you used to role-play?
2. If you had time, would you ever consider joining one of the winners from an RPG contest?
3. If yes to the above, what kind of game/game aspects/elements would you look for?
4. Also in relation to the above, when am I going to get the two prizes from my RPGC #20 and 21 wins? It's been over a year.
5. And speaking of RPG contests, how do you decide on the themes for the themed contests? Is it random, or do you just think of something that sounds cool?
2. I would. There's a lot of great ideas that have come out of those contests.
3. I'm a fan of classic fantasy, or anything that captures the mystery of 2001.
4. I recently updated the sidebar here to show everyone how far behind I am with contest prizes. You have not been forgotten.
5. There is most definitely a pattern, one that a few have figured out. I don't see any need to address it further.
If we had multiple skins available, a menu would appear to allow you to select them (I've tested it, none of you were paying attention though).
Your still doing this in your blog, right?
What would you do if someone made a skin for BZP and presented it to you that you found suitable enough and didn't break any rules?
Is there some thing you can activate for the forum software [like how there are the different tabs (forum, members, blogs, calendars, and store)and maybe you or bink could make one for "skins"] that would make a place to select a skin (for the computer you are using, not the entire forum) like I mention in the quote above?
Is there some way to change the standard color (for instance right now it is blue at the top and all the tabs have blue at the top) to a different color temporarily and save screenshots of it or something so when someone makes a skin that they could download the pictures of the different colors of the skin "headers" or "banners" that are on the tabs and main forum page so they wound't have to go through the effort to change the backround color?
just wondering, because I have an amazing idea for a Bzp skin.
thanks in advance.
We're still working on figuring out how we're going to handle members creating skins. At this point in time it's looking like it's going to involve providing you guys with our CSS file and the important images that make up the forum. Them members will create their own, custom versions, and we'll vote to see which ones people like the best.
Want to see your questions answered? PM them to me and put 'Mailbag' in the subject line.