Updates Galore; Em, Bss, S&t
- We have picked the guest writer for Episode 5 of the EM Cipher Chronicles!TakunuvaC01 is the Guest Writer for Episode 5.
Congratulations, TakanuvaC01, and thanks to Takuta-Nui for doing an excellent job in running the volunteering topic! For those that are curious, we have provided a basic impetus for this episode and some details, even a few secrets, TnC01 can use. But the vast majority of it will be totally up to him, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.
To those that didn't make it this time, many of your submissions were excellent and you guys have great potential for future guest writing opportunities! Lemme tell you, choosing wasn't easy!
- I'm nearing the end of the writing for Episode 4. The "grand finale" is about to happen, and it's coming along quite nicely. If all goes as I expect, you will see it begin to be posted in the Epics forum well before the end of September.
I can now confirm that Episode 4 will be roughly 20 chapters, over twice the length of the average normal CC episode. In addition to its main plot, it is also a major "pulling-together" episode of plot threads from the first three episodes, and establishing major basics such as Team Cipher's headquarters, so the stage will be clearly set for the episodes to come.
- In contest news, if you're wondering where the Denizens, Tyrants, and Vehicles PDFs are, basically I am waiting till I've got Episode four's "final" draft done before I get to that. Also, Tyrants will likely not get a PDF only for that, but will be put off for a Sapient Species guide later. Whether we will actually do a contest and what the nature of that contest might be for other species, hasn't yet been decided.
Episode 4 also uses several winning entries from the Weapons and Denizens contests, which were completed before I began writing, and the latter half of the episode even includes some entries from Tyrants and Vehicles.
Also, the next EM contest will indeed be about Wildlife as we've speculated in the discussion topic before.
- The most important thing I'd like to bring to your attention is the Canonisation Blacklist topic. Essentially, we're asking, what things do you NOT want canonized?
I had something along these lines planned even before the BSS was formed, but no clear idea where to go with it. Even now, we want to caution that it is just for interest -- we can't impose anything on Greg, but we do think it will be helpful to know what you guys think about this.
- We've also got some polls just started. There is the simple Sundial Hours suggestion.
We have a suggestion about masks for Makuta, with two current polls: Makuta Masks 1: Icarax And Tridax and Makuta Masks 2: Kojol And Stelty. Tiebreakers if necessary for this are planned, and the final choices will be polled yes/no to see if people agree with it.
Edit: Just launched, a topic about the mask for Toa Naho. Most popular suggestions (from existing masks) will then be polled.
- Some internal changes are underway, as Tilius has announced here.
- The main Bionicle story has ended. S&T's pinning space is cluttered. Other stuff. I don't feel like announcing details yet, but basically a whole slew of streamlining stuff will be happening soon to adapt S&T better to today. Yarr.
- I am sorry, but Memoirs of the Dead is officially delayed. I shouldn't have tried to do two short story contests that close together in the first place. In order to properly judge ATYU2 with all I've got going on, it's going to take more time, period. But still working as fast as reasonable.