- MNOLGII is the sequel to the classic game, MNOLG
- There were familiar elements from the toher game. Graphics, collecting and puzzle-solving along with mini-games.
- Along with the old elements, you also had to gain experience and build up your character as the story progressed. It was also surprisingly larger than it's predeccessor.
- Unfortunately, the game was riddled with bugs and errors from the get-go.
- Lack of interest, as well as general age, has caused Lego to consider removing it from Lego.com
- This has caused senior Bionicle.com producer, Leah, to post a topic on the Lego.com message boards here to ask members what they think of the decision.
Here's where I stand:
This may shock you, but I say they should drop it. My reasons are detailed in this message I left on the boards as makarupsuedo:
MNOLG was nice because it was a direct link to thepast that made Bionicle so great. MNOLGII, as incredible as the gameplay was, did not even hold a candle to the sentimental value the first one had. And to keep reaching out for something that won't happen is frivolous.
It's hard to let go of it, but hey. That's life.
Seriously. I did love MNOLGII. I worked very hard to beat all the Koros in Kohlii (all I had to beat was Le-Koro), and I racked up some impressive points. Some ranging in the 100s. I also had at one point over 5000 widgets and several hundred of everything you can put in your inventory, as well as all the artefacts, weapons, tolls and accessories. And I even attempted to beat the game, as per the instructions in this old topic. But like a lot of things, you just have to let go. In order for the web producers to properly bring back MNOLGII, they would have to re-devote their time to fixing the game.
This would delay future projects (like the VNOLG, which the beta version is supposed to be released very soon) further and cause them to have the same problems as MNOLGII. And that's just not a sacrifice I'm happy with. I know it may not sit well with a lot of the nostalgiacs, but that's what I feel.
The Final Word
It would be great if we could play MNOLGII without problems, and that it could be downloadable like MNOLG is. It would be awesome if all this would fall together, but it won't happen. It just won't. And we need to move on.