L S O 2012 - Cot Comedies Event Archive
lso 2012 lso 2012 archive
Current Event - Comedies True Fan Archery Competition
How It Works
These days, the internet has me convinced - almost anything can be made funny. Even the death of Mufasa (just add Yakety Sax!) This is a very precise art, however. One wrong move and you've gone from hilarious to lame, from funny to bland. Hitting the mark requires concentration and skill.
In this first event, you'll be proving your aim by taking up your favorite serious story, whether it's a published book or a story already posted in COT, and turning it into a madcap comedy.
How To Enter
Before June 28th, 2012 at 11:59 pm PDT, post your entry in a new topic in the COT forum, then post a reply in this topic that contains:
- Your story title and URL
- Your screen name
- The book you based your comedy on, or, a link to the COT story you based it on.
- One entry per member.
- The comedy you write must be new; cannot have been previously posted on BZPower.
- The story must be at least 300 words long. I'm stretching this rule from the Comedies forum to here.
- Your entry must be contained in one post.
- You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.
- This cannot be a chapter of your already-posted comedy. These need to be brand-new stories in their own topics, not apart of your current story. However, you can use characters from one of your comedies.
Q: Can my comedy be based on my own COT story? How about another member's COT story?
A: Yes to both, as long as they're serious works.
Q: But, alternately, my comedy can be based on a book? A movie? A comic?
A: Yes, it can be based on any of these.
Q: Can I use my characters from another story?
A: Yes, you can use your characters, setup, locations, all that.
Q: Can I add more chapters later on?
A: You are allowed to write more chapters as you wish, but only the first chapter will be judged.
Q: Do I have to enter all the events?
A: No, you can enter however many you like. It will have no effect on your standings.
Q: Can I enter both the Library and COT version of this contest?
Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?
A: I feel that we're in a good place to accept staff entries. You won't be given special treatment, but I would love for any and all staff to enter.
First Place: 6-month Premier Membership (keep it for yourself, extend your current PMship, or give away to a friend!), +100 post count boost, and a custom member title!
Second Place: +100 post count boost and an author-themed member title of the winner's choosing.
Third Place: +50 post count boost and an author-themed member title of the winner's choosing.
~ 2nd and 3rd place winners can develop an author or writing-themed title, for example, "Pro Author" or "Comedic Extraordinaire", etc.
~ Winners can contact me in the future to have their title removed