Politics & Religion Clarification
Posted by BlogAlert , Nov 05 2008 · 1,399 views
Politics and Religion in the Blogs
First off, we'd like to note that the religion and politics rules in the forums are very strict, whereas in the blogs, we tend to be a little loose in those areas. As such, this has presented a lot of confusion. This entry is hopefully going to clear that up. This will be left open so you can ask questions here as well.
Addendum: Concerning the election and politics in general, I would suggest you keep it to who you supported and if they won or not. If an entry gets too political it will be locked.
Allowed in blogs:
- Mentioning your religion.
- Mentioning religion-tied holidays
- Explanations of religious holidays (just don’t get too in-depth. If it starts a debate/flame war, it will be removed.)
- Bashing of other religions
- “This religion is better.”
- “You should convert to…”
- Anything you think might spark flame.
Fine in blogs:
- “I support (X candidate)”
- "How voting works" entries (and the like)
- "Go out and vote" entries
- Candidate/leader bashing
- Discussion of major issues
- Anything you think might spark a debate.
Oh, and one minor note. Just because a particular case isn't listed here, does not give you a free pass to write any entry. If you are unsure about any topic, field the idea with the blog staff first, or ask about it here.
-The Blog Staff