Politics & Religion Clarification
First off, we'd like to note that the religion and politics rules in the forums are very strict, whereas in the blogs, we tend to be a little loose in those areas. As such, this has presented a lot of confusion. This entry is hopefully going to clear that up. This will be left open so you can ask questions here as well.
Addendum: Concerning the election and politics in general, I would suggest you keep it to who you supported and if they won or not. If an entry gets too political it will be locked.
Allowed in blogs:
- Mentioning your religion.
- Mentioning religion-tied holidays
- Explanations of religious holidays (just don’t get too in-depth. If it starts a debate/flame war, it will be removed.)
- Bashing of other religions
- “This religion is better.”
- “You should convert to…”
- Anything you think might spark flame.
Fine in blogs:
- “I support (X candidate)”
- "How voting works" entries (and the like)
- "Go out and vote" entries
- Candidate/leader bashing
- Discussion of major issues
- Anything you think might spark a debate.
Oh, and one minor note. Just because a particular case isn't listed here, does not give you a free pass to write any entry. If you are unsure about any topic, field the idea with the blog staff first, or ask about it here.
-The Blog Staff