i mean i have it
the icon's on my laptop
but i dont want to click it and realize its been fifteen hours and ive lost all sense of time and that my body has slowly begun to rot away
Religious discussion is not allowed. The rule goes further to nix religious statements, quotations and so forth. (Even though, these days, that does seem more lax although I am fairly certain no official alteration to that rule has occurred).
It's not a rule designed to slight people who are religious. It exists because religion is one of those things everyone argues over to the point of near tearing out someone's throat, verbally. Absolutely no eye opening, wonderful, well developed discussion will occur over the subject on a forum dedicated to Lego. By and large, discussions about it belong where there's a large base with a vested interest in the topic who actually studied the subject (Even then, odds are most contributors never took a class on any religion anyway, so the value there is questionable at best). If someone really holds a burning desire for religious discussion, they can speak to a religious leader, other members of their community, or find a platform more suitable for it. Easy as that.
A lot of people seem to think LGBT related talk is comparable to religion and should be banned because it offends some individuals of some religions. Straight up, it's not. Being a person is different than believing in something. If LGBT content was 100 percent banned, like it used to be, an entire section of this community wouldn't be able to open up about themselves or talk about important details of their life that other individuals can freely discuss with no consequence: that's not fair and it's not equal treatment of members. LGBT individuals can't post bible quotes, or statements, just as non-LGBT members cannot. But LGBT members can talk about significant others, post romantic stories, art, etc... just as any non-LGBT member can.
The two situations aren't comparable and trying to force them to be just because you don't like some people is irritating at best. Hopefully people can understand that.
But yeah, I've been a Barista for about... three months now? Almost? Still working on some other side projects, some just for me, some are a collaboration with my housemate who moved in with us.
Kinda getting sucked into things like Destiny and FFXIV, but eh, it's a bit more fun since my friend's been really into Destiny and currently dropped League of Legends in favor of it. But of course she looks up everything, every stat, every build and video and outknowledged me pretty quickly, lol.
But yeah, happy birthday to BZPower and all! It's pretty cool to see the site celebrating its fourteenth year, even though I'm not terribly active in this community anymore, haha.
watching boy meets girl that particular day DID NOT HELP
(great movie btw but as forewarning there's nudity in it SO)
- i've been out as a trans girl (yeah i started identifying as a girl back in... November/December, since it felt the best) for about two? months now -- not online, but like to real life people. of course some people don't know yet, but that's because i need to find a more delicate way to inform them of everything.
- been on HRT which oh my god, the differences in just two months??? incredible. i feel so much better, so much more confident, so much more comfortable with who i am, god i've been incredibly happy lately and i've been going out (like, for example, i spent all week with a new friend and we went to a night club together -- something i would never have done last month).
- my therapists/counselors keep swapping around, but each one has been lovely and i respect them all a ton. they work(ed) for UCD and the GIC so i'm not going to like Kaiser therapists (because haha who has that kind of money i sure dont), but they've been amazing and i'm making incredible progress. i still have some stuff to work out and work through, but that's how the cookie crumbles.
- my new friend helped me figure out makeup a little better, she also gave me a lot of new resources and videos to use to help learn how to do it better on my own after her initial teaching. (she's also who took me out to the club, but god the boots i wore -- amazingly cute okay, but eight inch heels are murder on feet).
- i've been more... outgoing? not incredibly outgoing, but saying hi, joking with people, actually becoming part of the conversation that's going on, explaining stuff to people (like my necklace, which a lot of people liked).
- heck, i even posted up some selfies i took on the Tarnished Coast WvW website and everyone there were incredibly kind, supportive and posted plenty of compliments that boosted my self esteem
- now i have some more shirts (more like casual shirts) i got from mod cloth, i do need proper flats but the ones i received were slightly too large so i need to return them and get a slightly smaller size.
it's really great, everyone in my life are all "holy wow you're so much happier and outgoing now than you used to be" especially people i knew in high school who get all "... Kit... is... that... you?" (they use my birth name but i'm not posting that ok).
Of course if you have issues with my gender identity, pronouns and stuff of that nature you can kindly leave me alone.
Splash Image, Away!
pretty pretty princess
Group: Premier Retired Staff
Joined: 15-March 06
Member No.: 39854
March, 15, 2006
Site Position: Retired Staff
Occupation: top secret
Shortened form of interests;
I play games! I read books! I write sometimes!
19 Years of Age.
Lego Conventions Visited:
Formerly Assisted: Fan Created Games, Collectibles, Comedies, Lego General Discussion, Completely Off Topic, LEGO Sets, Voting Booth, LEGO RPG.
Sexual Orientation: it's all glitter and rainbows here, punk
Religious Views: kinda messy and personal (like i'm 90% sure i'm the only person who believes in the things i do)
Off Site Info:
- Princess Kitania (@PrincessKitania) is my brand new Twitter account (I may swear/post nsfw anecdotes there, just sort of a disclaimer)
As it's my twitter account it's not going to be heavily policed by me, there will likely be rated R content on it from time to time. Kind of the same rules my tumblr blog follows. (UPDATE: Haha I forgot my account password WOOPS)
0 user(s) viewing
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
force of willFortalpig - Jan 14 2016 07:38 PM
ok (spoilers)Paleo - Jan 09 2016 08:51 PM
ok (spoilers)Tekulo - Jan 09 2016 08:11 PM
do i do productive things or do i play highly rated video gamesGoddess of the Dark Sun - Jan 05 2016 11:29 PM
do i do productive things or do i play highly rated video gamesGSR - Jan 05 2016 10:24 PM
cred for this totally goes to disky from like forever ago
Approvals 'n Things