1) Summer's started! Yeah, it started last week, but I was helping prepare for my dads big b-day party. We got lucky on the weather... it was suppose to rain but it didn't, so we could have the party outside and not cram everybody indoors. And then the next day it poured down. Ha! We really got lucky there. I was busy parking cars, too, so it would've been really bad if it rained the whole time.
2) Writer's block. I have ideas for like two or three comedies, but I just can't find inspiration to write them down. I'm hoping to work on those soon. I also have another Voya-Nui epic planned out... but I need to take some pictures of an MOC that's in it and make pretty banners for each chapter... it's only six chapters long, so I'm thinking by the end of this week I'll have something to post on BZP.
3) I'm cleaning my room... which first requires me to sort through all my Lego Bricks and rebuild all my sets, so the room doesn't actually look clean for a week or two. I did this big search through my container and separated all the system and technic pieces (as well as minifigure pieces and accessories, more on that later). Turns out, although my box was pretty full of Lego Bricks, a majority of it was Bionicle related. And all the small pieces that collected at the bottom... mostly technic. It's kind of interesting to see my collection... my system sets are all about from seven years ago. So I have all these cool pieces that I just never see in other sets anymore. It's kinda sad...
4) As mentioned before, I collected all the pieces of any minifigures I had and put them all together. I have about fifty of them built and enough bodies, legs, arms, and heads to make another twenty more. They really represent the themes I've been into... Aquanauts, the guys who came out before Aquanauts but had a different name, Stingrays, Alien, Insectiods (those two had all the weird colored heads), X-Treme Team, Rock Raiders, Johnny Thunder's adventurers, and assorted city folks, including many policemen and construction workers. I had fun spending a day mix matching all my favorite body pieces with heads and specific arm and leg colors. It reminds me of the good old days of wanting system sets. When it came down to it, the mini figures were always my favorite part of the sets... they always needed cool vehicles and buildings, but the characters were what made the playing fun. Maybe that's why I like Bionicle so much... it focuses more on designing the characters and not their cars.
5) I also discovered that, despite what Lego says about pieces having a life long guarantee, pieces still break. While building the minifigures, I discovered plenty of broken hands, legs, and some worn out heads and bodies. (The legs most likely broke when I took some apart to switch around the colors. Essential for customization, but bad on the pars. And the worn out heads were my favorite ones that I used to use over and over again in sets... luckily, most of them I've bought replacement heads from other sets. Now, most of those heads are probably discontinued, so I'd better keep the ones I have in good condition) In the Bionicle department, the joints were weakening and/or breaking in a lot of sets. For example, Tahu Nuva may need a new hand, and Lewa Mata's leg is going to be black for a while. I know that you can call Lego and ask them to send you replacements for broken pieces (somehow) but since most of my broken pieces are either small and/or discontinued, I think it'll be a waste of time and/or money. Oh well.
6) With all my build minifigures, I've been thinking of making this sort of contest where I post teams in my blog and people vote on which ones would win in a confrontation. I have teams like Johnny Thunder's adventurers, undersea explorers, and, yes, even a customized J.A.F Team. Anybody liking that idea... as in they'd actually reply if I did something like that? Or is this paragraph too far down this long blog to get any attention?
7) Oh, yeah, and my rating went down. I liked it at 4.1, because the thing still showed me at having five stars anyway. Now it looks like I'm just not that good enough... too boring or long winded? Naw, as it turns out, I don't care about the rating... I like comments and such. Although I noticed my rating dipped down after I got that blog of the week award...
Anyhow, that's about a weeks worth of blogging ideas put into one entry. Enjoy, if you can do so.