Bonus Content: Prototype Masks
I'll move from top to bottom, left to right.
- First Tow Row: Obviously a plastic prototype of Lewa's mask. Only it doesn't look like Lewa's mask. I'm pretty sure the reason this one didn't make it through is because it looks like a Halo guy's mask. I don't even play Halo and even I recognize it. While I don't think it would've made a great Miru, I think it would've been an excellent design for a Kaukau. It has the blue tinted visor of the Kaukau Mata, with a semi-triangular nose, and even the vent openings on the cheeks. Plus, it's designed to look more aerodynamic. It's a pity this one didn't make it into the final sets for Gali, but it was obviously good enough to actually be made into plastic.
- The other two masks on the top row depict the final Miru Phantoka, in it's plastic form and drawn form (respectively). I don't have anything new to say here about those.
- First Middle Row Mask: Looks like a hood with pinchers. It might make a good Makuta mask... maybe even resembles one (I don't really know the shapes of the Makuta Mistika masts yet, and I'm too lazy to look 'em up.)
- Second Middle Row: This appears to be more of an early version of the new Hau, with a more helmet like appearance. The ridge down the front seems a little much, though.
- Third MR: This looks like a more rounded version of the final Miru, with spaces in the forehead and the visor eyes. Personally, I think this would've worked as a good Hau, as the vents in the side resemble the traditional Hau. Even the Hau Nuva had wrinkles that could've turned into vents.
- Forth MR: This looks like the Miru with it's ridges from the Nuva form still on. Although I personally think it better resembles a Kakama... it keeps the ridges from the Nuva form and the basic shape better resembles the Mata form. Plus, the think looks like a fighter jet or something, which screams speed (to me).
- Fifth MR: This one looks like a flattened version of the final Miru. While it probably wouldn't be a bad mask, it doesn't look too much like a Nuva or Mata mask, so I'm okay with it not making the final cut.
- First Bottom Row: Okay, this one shouts out "Knight Helmet with Visor". It could also resemble a bird with a beak... reminds me of the moviefied Nivhawk. Good for flying types, but not for Nuva.
- Second BR: This looks like a non-scarified version of Vamprah's mask. Okay, but far too basic.
- Third BR: Lol, this doesn't look like a mask, this looks like a Space Ship! Maybe, but not for the Nuva.
All in all, I could pick out three masks here that would work better for the New Nuva than their current masks... First TR for Gali, Third MR for Tahu, and Forth MR for Pohatu. But, alas, I am not part of the target range, or any range that Lego is interested in, so I can't really say anything for sure. I guess the kids who did choose had a better look at the masks made. But, hey, there's potential that these designs could pop up in later years, right (like Jaller Mahri's mask, right?)