1) The project keeps changing. It was originally the writing and / or filming of some sort of fiction. Then it turned into a filming of a piece of science fiction (no, quite literally, fiction discussing protein synthesis). Now it's creating a collection of picts from my Drama New York trip. It's lowered in quality, for sure. Still going to be good stuff, but not as good as would be a whole creative movie (my problem for that... couldn't find enough actors)
2) I've got to put this project together, using movie editing software and then a DVD burner. All on my slow computer. Yeah. And I am talking about hundreds of pictures. Quite literally, I'm dealing with probably one thousand picts, and an hours worth of movie interviews. I'm sure it's one huge chunk of my current harddrive... and it's a pain to organize it all together. With music too, none the less (I need to buy some music too)
3) There's this essay that was due last week that I need to write. I got an extension... something about working on a play every day till 7 PM allowed my teacher to give me some slack... but it's due tomorrow and I have nothing done with it. Haven't even started typing it up. Thought about it... am currently typing out thoughts in this blog entry that I could use later... but it's not turn-in quality. What's annoying... I wrote a ton of pages for my Eagle project, and now I have to do it all again.
4) Pulling an all-nighter, skipping tomorrow (you see, I have this terrible sun burn, so I can't go to school in case somebody tries to pat me on the back for being such an extremely cool person.) [/sarcasm] Anyhow, I expect a full day off from school should give me time to fit stuff together.
5) I'm graduating in two weeks, and I don't give a care. Those who are all excited about graduation must have their head in the ground. I still have some work to do, and if I don't do it well, I may get a poor grade and end up working at Home Depot for the rest of my life. (A likely possibility, as UW checks final transcripts for high school seniors to make sure we don't slack off our last semester)
So, I'm high strunk, worn out, and (best of all) SUNBURNED! (Dang UV rays... yes, I know, should've worn sun screen). And now I have type up my rant-style post. If you have read this far, congradulations. As mentioned in the past after such long rants, you must have no life if you read this all. Because, really, what sane person would want to read about somebody else's life's struggles.
Off to go check up on some other blogs. [/irony]
Everybody else has some spacial design banners for their bloggy thing. I'm thinking of creating my own this summer, with features like my MOCs and stories and whatnot. But I'm trying to decide what theme I should use. Should I use mini-figure pictures that are or relating to Team J.A.F., or should I use Matoran from Time Disruption? (Jala, Takua, Maku, Huki, Hahli, Nuparu).
Because, you know, this is an important decision that could change my blog forever.
Anger at bullies for stealing your lunch money- you get no lunch.
Anger at somebody cutting you off in traffic- you can't get to where you're going that much longer 'cause they're getting ahead of you now.
Anger at people for releasing pollutants and causing global warming- you don't get to lvie in a clean world and are going to die in the consequences of global warming.
Anger at people for spamming on BZP- they are wasting space that could be taken up otherwise by you chatting with others.
So, in the end, I realize that I am incredibly selfish, and will continue to be so for quite some time now. Because, as mentioned in my last blog, I am still angry with the world around me. Now to go stick my head in a bucket of water... or would that be someone else's head?
Have a good day.
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way... Oh, and BTW, there are spoilers to the shows if you haven't seen them yet.
For me, this week held two season finalies... NBC's Heros and ABC's Lost. Which did I prefer? Here's a list og pros and cons.
Heroes (S.F. on Monday. Second season coming out in the fall)
Pros: They got every major character back into the scene, and gave us alot of information on many of the mysteries. The good guys all finally unite to help defeat evil guys. Little girl doesn't die... Japanese friend of Hiro doesn't get killed (forget his name)... Slyder does get stabbed. Been waiting for that all season. A big usage of powers all around. Good guys make right choices. New York doesn't explode... and the solution really caught me off guard. Yeah! Plus, the season ends on a cliffhanger with unknown stuff, but it's a new mystery, and it already solved the main problems. See reasons why I don't like Lost for the alternatives...
Cons: Slyder does not die... only gets stabbed. Makes sence... why kill off your greatest bad guy with a simple sword wound? Parkman, my favorite character, gets shot by his own bullets. They didn't downright kill him, but they didn't give him much glory either. The Petreliis (how do you spell that?) are likely toast, but that's okay, because they need to kill of some characters, right?
Overall, I think Heroes is a great new show. They introduce alot of new characters (and kill of plenty too) go through plenty of action and have these really weird power things with a perfectly logical explanation for it (its genetic) as compared to Lost's overall mystery of why stuff happens.
Lost (S.F. Wednesday Night, AKA tonight for me. Fourth season? Don't know)
Pros: Big explosions in the end. Large guy running down the Others in his truck was totally awesome. Charlie's little adventure in the underwater lab was great. So he had to die, but at least they gave him the most excelent death they could on the show. They spanned it out for most of the 2007 season... good to see him finally go out in such a way.
Cons: Flashback was terrible. Yeah, it wasn't meant to show Jack in a good light, but Desmond's flashback in last season's finale was much, much better. The brutal killing of some of the people got a little much without proving anything. It left on a cliffhanger where we don't exactly know what the heck happens. Are the bad guys coming? Will the island explode? Will Desmond gain teleportation powers in addition to foresight? What's up with Locke? You can't keep killing him and then bringing him back... in Heroes they only do that with the cheerleader, and that's because she can heal herself. And, if the show does go into a forth season, what'll happen, especially if the flashback was actually suppose to take place in the future?
Overall, I think Lost has run its course. Sure, months ago, I was saying it was pretty cool. Great characterizations, lots of mystery and conflict. Too much relationship conflict, though, and not enough gets resolved. Maybe it highlights mankinds standing on following without knowing and keeping faith in stuff, and then getting the final consequence without any explanation of "Why?" But Lost is a show... they can afford to tell us some stuff. I really don't like Ben's character... if he really is a good guy, he doesn't have that whole concept of "trust" down very well. Of course, Jack is just as bad, seeming to make his choices no matter what others say to disrail him. Maybe he's stubborn, maybe persistant, but I would try to talk things out a bit more (but maybe that's just because I saw the little message that Charlie sent out). Really, Lost has done a good job, but it never finalizes anything, and frankly I'm getting bored, and would rather watch Heroes, where at least them complete something every episode.
Now my rambling thoughts have been posted as a blog, and you were silly enough to read down to here. Or you skipped the bigger paragraphs, or clicked on another link. But you made it this far down somehow. Congradulations... that little bar on the side of your screen actually works!
Minor Update Thingy: I am almost finished with that short epic, just need a justifiable conclusion before I begin to revise it. But I won't anytime soon... graduating in 18 or so days, and have Opening Night in a week. Yaaahooo.
And props to Makaru for using my favorite Beatles song in his blog. "And if you want some fun... say oh la di la da!"
So, what's worst. That everybody my age is getting new cars and totalling them, or that we're very eager to post about it online?
Anyhow, I gotta go and watch Monty Python. PBS reruns at Midnight. gotta love it.
1 user(s) viewing
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
What Modular Building Should I Get?Aanchir - Nov 18 2014 12:08 PM
What Modular Building Should I Get?Ta-metru_defender - Nov 17 2014 10:14 PM
What Modular Building Should I Get?Makaru - Nov 17 2014 10:02 PM
What Modular Building Should I Get?V-N - Nov 17 2014 09:16 PM
What Modular Building Should I Get?The Duchess Approves - Nov 17 2014 08:43 PM
Aaron Is Awesome
He Totally Is.
~ Owl City
Lisztomania, think less but see it grow. Like a riot, like a riot, Oh.
I took a sip of something poison but I'll hold on tight.
~ Foster the People
Birds sing for you, you can make this blue sky blush
~ Oh Land
On the other side of the street I knew, stood a girl that looked like you.
I guess that's Déjà vu, but I thought this can't be true
But even the sun sets in paradise
~ Maroon 5
Crazy how that shipwreck meant my ship was coming in
~ Train (Again?)
So make now your ally, and leap before you look
~ Nothing's Carved In Stone
I'm just too much a coward to admit when I'm in need.
~ Passion Pit
Just believe in far away, ikiru tame ni sore wa
~ Song Rider
Everything that drowns me makes me want to fly.
~ One Republic
I live my life in shackles, but I'm borderline-free.
~ Tove Styrke
I now control your mind.