Anyway, at the end of every convention, they go back into plastic bags, and don't normally come out until the next convention. Unfortunately, this is not the most humane way to ship and store these things, and things break over the years. The last two or so years every time I open them I go "before the next convention I'm going to take these all out and replace all the broken parts and make small adjustments to each of these to make them sturdier." And every year I haven't done it.
Until now! I spent the last two days taking each MOC (with two exceptions*) and finding the broken parts on each, and swapping those broken parts out for fresh parts. It's crazy how much better clutch is on new parts compared to snapped and cracked parts. Not to mention how much easier it is to pose!
Here's what I saw when I was done:
Not a pretty sight! (Also, I think white parts are just less sturdy. Look how many of these are white!)
Of course, this sight made that one a little better:
Some of these MOCs were made in 2008. One was made in 2012. One was made in 2005! (Stupid spider.)
On another note, I got a new camera. Upgraded from a Nikon d3000 to a d7000. It's a huge difference. Like massive difference. It's almost like jumping from a point-and-shoot to a dSLR again.
*Exceptions: The Vayland Dragon II and the Lion. The dragon is getting another drastic redesign, and the Lion has never been fully finished, just a glorified WIP I showed at conventions and always meant to go back and work on more.