7. Run through the streets singing Yankee Doodle--all fifteen-or-so verses!--at the top of your lungs.
6. Call everyone you see "comrade."
5. Remind everyone how this day is a day of remembering and honoring our belligerent founding fathers' disrespect for authority.
4. Mail letters to all your British friends--gloating!
3. Write a short story about a professional baseball player. Then, reveal it to be nothing but a young boy's daydream, suddenly shattered when he hits a baseball through a window. Or otherwise write an Independence Day-themed short story, interpret the theme "Glass," and submit it to the Flash Fiction Marathon!
2. Playing with explosives. Better, watch someone else play with explosives, stand in the crowd, and say to everyone near you, "These Chinese incendiary weapons sure are pretty, aren't they?"
1. Remember the sacrifices of our forefathers, and honor their bravery, their valor, and all the many deeds throughout our history, that have made our nation great, and afforded us the blessed freedom we enjoy.
0. If you're not an American--then spend the day as you would any other day! Happy Thursday!
Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith