- i went and got pokemon y on midnight release. i beat it within a week. elite four team was delphox, crobat, and pangoro. lot of emotions. really REALLY good game. currently hunting for shiny pumpkaboo
- i came out as trans on facebook right before i got pokemon and got nothing but positive feedback and support
- i made a moc blog on tumblr and i havent really updated it in a while but i plan to. right now im making umbra because i kinda gave up on akamai
Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!
how about we just stop victim blaming. stop telling victims its their fault for being abused instead of holding the abusers accountable for their actions.
This is just an open letter to, well, everybody, in direct response to the goings-on in the blogs currently. Please take a moment to read it.
1. I understand this is probably all overwhelming for some of you and I don't blame you for that but please don't say that we need a "change of subject." Because even if you don't want to talk about these issues, they are important and need to be tackled head-on if we want to work to make our community truly safe and family-friendly. We're finally making some real headway towards safety and equality on this site and that should not be stalled just because you don't want to read about it.
2. It's not the right of the privileged to tell the oppressed how to act or be. That's relevant both in terms of the actual oppression and in how you treat response to it.
3. Please don't confused "everyone should be treated equally" with "everyone's views are equal." We are all equal as human beings, and part of that means we all should be held equally responsible and accountable for our beliefs, words, and actions. Some beliefs are toxic. Some words and actions are harmful. These things should not be "respected" or be exempt from criticism, because they hurt people and that is wrong. Degrading a human being is wrong no matter what you believe. Criticizing and calling out toxic and harmful beliefs, actions, and words, is NOT wrong - and in fact is necessary if we are ever to move forward as a safe, peaceful, and respectful society.
All right, that's all. Thank you for reading; carry on now and please remember these three points in your continuing discourse.
Glitter and kisses,
ps: destroy the patriarchy!
Source: ! Please Stop and Read This !
granted, im not apologizing for my core viewpoints; i dont believe bigotry should be tolerated at all and im well within my rights to be instantly apprehensive of anyone who even tries to pull the "all views should be respected" card let alone who actually holds the actual views themselves because of the potential threat they may pose to my health and well-being, and im also well within my right to be angry about people telling me the very fiber of my being is somehow morally wrong based on a set of archaic beliefs and at people who dont help stand up for me against these people who try to keep me down like this.
i just want you to know that if i do start getting particularly rude and snarky and vicious with you during a long and important argument, i dont necessarily mean to. i just kinda naturally slip into that when it feels like someone isnt understanding me or is even flat out disregarding me, and combined with the anger i feel when someone tells me or my friends that we are somehow morally bankrupt for being gay or trans* or anything, its made me come off as rather nasty when trying to tell people that were not and it doesnt seem to be getting throughto them. im honestly trying my hardest to keep a clear head and check this stuff with my friends before responding, but sometimes my frustration gets the better of me and makes me come off as hostile and i hope you can forgive me for that.
love, ran-sama xoxo
you telling them you "disagree" with their identity is the type of mindset that leads to people with those kinds of identities getting beaten and sometimes killed in real life, and if youre the kind of person who feels the need to point out how theyre wrong in their identities and that you disagree with them or whatever, youre not someone who should be allowed to continue taking part in a community, especially if its a family-friendly community where bigotry such as yours isnt accepted.
so please keep your pointless negativity to yourself, and everyone can feel safe and happy!
love, ran-sama xoxo
Source: DESTROY. THE. PATRIARCHY.
Let's be real for a moment.
Don't you dare deny the evils of the patriarchy. Don't you dare spit on all the women on whom our society encourages assault and violation. Don't you dare blame the victims of these assaults. Don't you dare try to justify their earning cents on the dollar. Don't you dare tell them what their role in society is, or what you want them to do, or that they should calm down. Don't you dare devalue them because they're angry - they have every right to be angry. And most of all, don't you DARE deny that this oppression exists just because YOU don't suffer it. If you don't care about oppression unless you're part of the group being actively oppressed, you're a cartoonishly evil villain.
Women are suffering every day and whether you see it or deny it will not change that immutable, hideous fact. It affects your sisters, your mothers, the strangers on the street. It affects women, it affects men, and it affects people of non-binary gender like me. It's not the natural order of things. It's a system of power and control, and its biggest aid is that it is subconsciously supported.
But we can tear it apart, together.
You don't have to be a radical to make a positive impact. Every one of us can fight for what is right, even in small daily ways. Call out misogynists when they make ###### jokes. Stand up for women and LGBTQ people. Make donations to positive organizations. Don't just shout out when something big happens - this stuff is a constant, daily thing, so pushing back against it needs to happen every day. This has nothing to do with politics. This has nothing to do with party lines. This has nothing to do with being some kind of hero. It has everything to do with humanity and decency.
Be strong. Be resolute. Do not stop being angry. Do not stop talking about this. Do not focus on gender issues, or sexist issues, or racial issues, or LGBTQ issues, or trans*misogyny issues, just because it's a hot-button thing today. The marginalizing continues tomorrow. It will continue until we burn the system to ash. Stay furious every day that women are hurt. Stay furious every day. Stand up. Fight back.
DESTROY THE PATRIARCHY
what kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl?
birthday: 24 april 1991
interests: homestuck, the protomen, pokemon, tf2, touhou, lego, various other stuff
0 user(s) viewing
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
guess where i am RIGHT NOWLyichir - Mar 22 2014 05:09 PM
guess where i am RIGHT NOWJAG18 - Mar 22 2014 10:47 AM
guess where i am RIGHT NOWRahkshi Guurahk - Mar 22 2014 10:06 AM
guess where i am RIGHT NOWRingabel - Mar 22 2014 07:59 AM
guess where i am RIGHT NOWUnikitty Tekulo - Mar 22 2014 07:48 AM