Saturday, February 28, 2009
There occurs a time every year, always February-March, when I tend to forget about Bionicle and BZPower for a while and retreat into real life. This pattern has made itself evident over the course of pretty much all my years as a fan of Bionicle; it's a curious thing, but I do, obviously, get back into it every time. I suppose this is so because nothing really happens Bionicle-wise in these months, and also because I'm always faced with taking care of a dozen other o
Friday, February 27, 2009
• Greg, on whether Mata Nui is now more powerful than Toa Ignika: "I would say no, simply because Mata Nui does not have a handle on how to use the mask -- he's never had to use a mask before. Ignika, on the other hand, knew all its powers and how to use them."
• The scarabax beetle is the stag beetle seen on the Bara Magna teaser on the November 08 comic.
• Although the Great Beings did have something to with the Arena Magna's design, it was physically
Friday, February 20, 2009
Does movie Mata Nui have a mouth? \/
• Greg: "[The summer line is] being called legends because we had to call them "Glatorian something" to keep Glatorian in the name, and Legends tied in nicely with the name of the movie."
• Mata Nui's new body will not be made of protodermis, since it is made of materials of Bara Magna.
• The Ignika cannot share its thoughts or memories with Mata Nui. • A larger-scale version of the Mata Nui model will be r
Saturday, February 14, 2009
DID YOU SEE TERMINATOR LAST NIGHT?
God that was funny, and a really amazing surprise. I'm sorry I missed the topic about it; I was away visiting a college. I got the sweetest room, with a flatscreen TV, to watch the second half of the returning episode of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I learned that even if you've followed that show all the way from the first episode, you can still come in halfway and have totally no idea what's going on.
Friday, February 6, 2009
• Greg: "Sandbat is a creature, looks like of like a python with bat wings. Lives under the sand, mostly, springs out, attacks you, then dives back under." Greg would say sand bats are a good 7-8 feet long.
• The water tribe is probably the most economically powerful village, due to its water resources. ● Greg, on the Rock tribe's access to advanced technology: "Has nothing to do with where they live. Has to do with where they LIVED." "Like the Skrall, the
Friday, January 30, 2009
Decided to go with bold orange dot to hilight interesting ones, for now.
• Inhabitants of Bara Magna are not born with their mechanical implants, and they can live just as well without them.
• Exsidian is a metal that resists wear and corrosion really well (a constant problem in a desert), so it's prized for use as a blade coating, etc.
● Greg, on destinies on Bara Magna: "While I am not saying BM characters do not have destinies (I believe everyone
Friday, January 23, 2009
I got around to finishing MLN this morning, which is good.
Oh, one request: I'm looking for a symbol I can use mark important facts, instead of just • . One's I've tested look dorky. So if you have a suggestion, you can copy/paste it into a post.
• Atero is really only used by Glatorian once a year, for the big tournament.
• There are usually three preliminary rounds before the main tournament in Atero. They aren't elimination rounds; they are more
Friday, January 16, 2009
• Before the disaster, Glatorian were soldiers.
• Greg, on the Glatorian population: "[There are] not a ton. I don't know that I would attach a definite number to it, as there are always old ones dying off and new ones coming into the profession. On Bara Magna, though, you are probably talking less than a hundred, easy.
• The Glatorian have fighting skills from their military training and from their training with each other. • We have seen the actual sol
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Here I am, well-rested at 6:00 AM after sleeping since 8:00. Such are the wonders of completing all work at school and coming home with none of it. I've often pondered, since my younger and more vulnerable years in first grade, and I've come to realize that without homework, school really wouldn't be bad at all. With a little elbow grease and some good habits, you can maintain a pretty good schedule.
Which nobody can realistically do. And with four AP classes, I
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I've honestly woken up at 5:15 AM just now.
It probably has something to do with the fact that I flopped down to bed nearly twelve hours before this.
I think I should just start a category called "Sleep." Seriously, there are entries here and there that chronicle the first moments high school started to wreck my sleeping habits. It all started in July 2006, summer school... Search for an entry named "Cycle of Doom," or whatever I called it. Entries like those a
Friday, January 9, 2009
And this week's scoop is...
That's right, nothing. Some words of advice for OGD posters: don't try to resolve a string of off-topic posts by contributing to it. All you need to do is ignore it, and it will go away. I promise.
Well, there is one set of Q&A that Jolly Christmas Giratina kindly sent me, condensed here.
RANDOM • The sand bat is a creature that will appear in the first 2009 book and not in the movie.
• Not all of the Takanuva at
Friday, January 2, 2009
• The Sea of Liquid Sand is like quicksand.
• Greg believes Atero is south of the Bone Hunter camp.
• Greg: "Beware the sand bat." • The giant mechanical body parts scattered throughout Bara Magna relate to future story.
• The rock Agori have always been with Tuma and the Skrall, and they are essentially "support staff" for the Skrall. This is a militaristic group, where the army comes first before anyone else.
• There will be other Glatorian sets thi
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Graaaah, haven't blogged all year. Happy 2009 everyone!
Remember those magical minutes after the New Year tolls in...
"I haven't slept all year."
"I haven't eaten all year."
"I haven't been to the bathroom all year."
"I've been standing up all year."
"Shower? Please, I haven't taken one all year."
"Go outside? I've been in my house all year."
"Haven't seen you all year, man."
"I haven't gone downstairs all year."
"I haven't been online in a year."
Friday, December 26, 2008
• There are six arenas on Bara Magna, and Atero is the main one.
• Iconox is ice, Tesara is jungle, and Tajun is water.
• The disaster involved in the Vorox and Zesk's regression is dealt with in 2009-2010 story. • The disaster is also involved with the downgrade of technology on Bara Magna.
• The Glatorian system did not exist prior to the disaster.
• Skrall are generally disliked, of course.
• Nothing happens if someone takes his helmet off. The
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
^When checking the date just now, I just realized that Christmas is two days from now instead of tomorrow. Meaning I'm not going to Mass tonight. What a dummy...
I noticed the other day that my user profile rating has gone back up to five stars.
Thank you guys.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I'm choosing a cell phone from Verizon Wireless. I have a problem: the ones I've seen are absolutely terrible. And I mean terrible. Cell phones are the worst they've ever been. There are too many screens, too many smooth surfaces that get smudged up. The buttons are tiny. Touch screens are totally dysfunctional. The menu screens are a gaudy red and black. Nothing about the designs is intuitive.
Any good suggestions? What model do you own?
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Christmas break has begun. And now that I have some time off, I'm taking a bit of it to save as many pages off bionicle.com as I can onto compact disks, in anticipation of its change in 2009. There are some parts of each page, like background images or flash objects, that Firefox won't save automatically (I have to use Cache Viewer) or load from an already saved file that I want to open without internet access, as a test. The browser relies on an internet connection