Saturday, October 25, 2008
When I sacked out at 5:30 PM yesterday, I wasn't counting on sleeping for the 14 hours I did. But for once, I got some respite, undisturbed, from the nightmarish workload of the senior year. The kind of routine I am forced to maintain is quite disgusting; homework drags well into the night, typically past 1:30 AM, and as a result I flop back asleep as soon as I am back home from school the next day. That nap usually lasts until 10:00 PM, although it varies, and I am f
Friday, October 24, 2008
• Vican couldn't care less that Mutran is dead.
• Greg: "There was a process in place that the Nuva could have used to wake Mata Nui up without the Ignika, but it would have been time-consuming to do. With the Ignika counting down to extermination of all life in the universe, there wasn't time to do it that way. But it was still the Nuva's destiny to do it -- the Ignika was simply the tool they used to make it happen. (Who got the Ignika into the Codrex? Wh
Friday, October 17, 2008
• Rockoh T3 is faster than either of the other two vehicles and is built for ramming attacks.
• Greg doesn't consider Gavla evil -- he considers her lonely and friendless. Think about it -- Gavla, before becoming a shadow Matoran, never stole or robbed or killed anyone. She wasn't evil. But she didn't feel welcomed or wanted by her tribe. She did feel needed by the Makuta, which is why she didn't want to go back to being an Av-Matoran. That's not being evil
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Over the past several weeks:
- Ike flooded our basement, so we rented a decent wet vac.
- Our plumbing broke down. No showering. We hired someone for a rodding of our shower (which is in our basement, not in a bathroom, oddly enough) and found out the pipe to our street was obstructed by a bush in our yard.
- Someone sent a camera down the pipe and found the obstruction. We took out the bush, and some people dug a huge hole under our porch to replace this real
Friday, October 10, 2008
The OGD was going along extraordinarily slow this this week. I wonder why that is?
• A Mohtrek user can summon a past self that does not wear a Mohtrek.
• If the Vahi or the Ignika is outside the universe, it could not affect the universe, but it is only keyed to affect that universe, so its destruction would not affect the world beyond the Matoran universe. It's like a self-destruct switch on a spaceship -- take it off the ship and flip it and it won't
Monday, October 6, 2008
I was very proud of myself today, given the fact that, for once, I actually managed to get myself into bed before 3:00 AM last night. I felt so well-rested in school today. I was on my B-game at least.
I need another summer vacation. Now.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Still slow going in the OGD this week, with Greg just returned to us.
• Takanuva will be cured of his shadow affliction in his blog. DWELLERS IN DARKNESS
• Darkness has remained with the Shadowed One throughout his correspondence with the Order of Mata Nui and his leaving Xia.
THE BIG PICTURE
• A pocket dimension forms naturally whenever a universe comes into being. An alternate dimension, on the other hand, is formed whenever a decision is made in
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Not a joke! Not an illusion! The July issue of Brickmaster arrived in my mailbox today!
I finally got my hands on Comic 13, my favorite issue for its magnificent artwork. But that wasn't so simple to accomplish. Back when it was actually July, I waited, as I often do, weeks with no sign of the magazine heading my way. It was late August when I finally realized I needed to poke Lego Customer Service to send me my belated issue. So they sent me a standard Magaz
Monday, September 29, 2008
Despite absolutely dreary weather, a ray of sunshine comes my way. So yeah, I'm a happy man today . I stopped by the Borders conveniently located at a bus stop on the way home from school, and to my joy, they had The Final Battle stocked aplenty. For anyone who wants to pick up the book sooner rather than later -- GO TO BORDERS. THEY HAVE IT.
I read what I could on the bus/train ride on the way home. As I type, I haven't made it even close to the ending yet,
Friday, September 26, 2008
Farshtey Feed #3 today. Not much activity from the OGD this week since Greg is on a trip.
• Mutran is in the swamp.
• The energy that causes the mutagen is not mutagenic in and of itself -- it's when it interacts with a substance like water that it becomes mutagenic.
• The energies created the Pit mutagen, the same way radiation makes for radioactive water. In this case, the energies on their own are not harmful, but mixed with another medium, they
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Some days, you just never seem to get a break. I took a day from school yesterday just to catch up on all of my work. Even though I worked all throughout the day, I was up until three in the morning. Even so, I still didn't find time to study properly for a chemistry test. If this is high school, I don't want to know what my workload will be in college. I fear for my life.
So on days like these, sometimes it's just best to take a break from serious things in lif
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
It's a dual-function ability for his shield.
Every vote counts! Some polls, like mine, have lowish activity, so vote, man, vote! Thank you to everyone who has voted in the poll so far .
So yeah, if you like my idea, I encourage you to cast a vote for #5. Thanks!
Monday, September 22, 2008
So much to talk about today. First off, have a Ki Nui spinny avatar.
But more importantly...
Oh God, it's here. It's HERE. Heroes Season 3 premeirs tonight! Eight o'clock man! Heroes: Villains, looks a little... neh, but it'll inevitably win me over. I'm also catching up on the Terminator show as well as House. We got some good TV.
I'm also glad Matoran of Sonics were named in the serial
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Lend me your approval!
Thank you to Varaka for inspiring me to start a content block for blog approvals. Now I need it to grow. So yeah, if you're happy with this blog, I encourage you to drop your approval image in the comments. Or you can clap your hands, but that's not as fun.
In other news, we have serius plumbing issues at home. Any water we run, drain, or flush gurgles up in our basement. Haven't showered in days (it's cool, i