Has anybody been to a Lego convention in LA? Bricks LA was the top Google result. I always enjoyed looking at pics of displays from conventions around the world. I never attended one, though. I think it might be fun to swing by Bricks LA this January. I live within driving distance of the venue. Any advice or tips from experienced convention attendees?
A little late, but...
Pants on tha ground!
Pants on tha ground!
Lookin like a fool with ya pants on the ground!
With tha gold in your mouth,
Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat, looking like a fool
With ya pants on the ground!
I'm been so bogged down with school and other activities that I've had no time to log on here. Now that everything's settling down I figured I'd check in...
I spent the last 5 weekends (from Thanksgiving to Christmas) playing with the Metrolink Toy Train band. Each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we rode the train to 3-5 different train stations throughout Southern California and played for hundreds (sometimes thousands) of people. The songs we played were pretty generic, but fun nevertheless. I
It is September 14, 2009. I am bored, Chopin's The Awakening is weighing heavily on my tired soul, along with unfinished homework for my slew of other AP classes. It is dark outside, and raining. And so, without further ado, or knowing if it is legal to do so, I officially declare myself the king of BZPower.com.
Thanks to everyone for the encouranging remarks about my last MOC. Incence'n'Peppermints recently left a nice comment in my profile and got me thinking about doing another one. So here is the new MICRO one along with the original for comparison. It was pretty difficult to capture all the details while transferring the original design to micro-scale. But eventually I figured it out.
Click for the topic.
If anyone watched Conan O'Brien tonight... the people who were wearing the "COCO" shirts sitting in the front row are some of my friends. B) They were the ones who got the murderer's Neil Diamond jacket.
This evening, I was at a Barnes & Noble. When I went to the cashier, he asked me if I had any special coupons. I told him I have my Borders Rewards card. He responded, with a straight face, "This isn't Borders."
What makes it even worse? I was buying the book "1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said."
As per Omi's suggestion, I am posting this here. It will be interesting to see who replies to this. Personally, I'm expecting more blog people to read/comment on it, but we'll see.
- - - - -
I have been thinking about this idea for some time. Please carefully read and consider this post.
Instead of locking them, the staff should leave some of the topics that would normally be closed in favor of a poll open to encourage discussion.
Before you get ahead of me, I am NOT suggesting tha
Bring it to Glendale! B) Sounds like everyone who went had a great time... wish I could have been there. Maybe another year.
- - -
On a different note, a funny thing happened to my cousins and I today, I'll write about it when I've got more time.
I have a jar on my desk that I dump all my loose change into every day. Well, about once a year it gets too full, and I dump it out and roll the coins to take to the bank. Anyhow, as I was doing this today, I came across a buffalo nickel:
I asked my mom about it, and she said that they were rare when she was a kid, so it's unusual that I would find one. I'm not sure where it came from, but it's interesting to see that these are still in circulation.
I bet it's not worth much more than
How come when you go to a restaurant, the menu can't merely say, "cheeseburger?" They have to get wordy and fancy. I say, go along with them. When you order your food, use their language. Look your waiter in the eye and say, "I'll have the succulent, fresh-ground, government-inspected, choice, all-beef, six-ounce patty on your own award-winning sesame-seed bun, topped with a generous slice of Wisconsin's finest Grade-A cheddar cheese made from only premium milk and poured from large, galvanized
I have several relatives who travel a lot in their work. When they go to different countries, I sometimes request that they bring me back a coin or two. This is where I will list the different countries I have currency from:
Was uneventful for me. I am not a playa.
However, my sister brought home those little hearts with cute messages written on them that taste like chalk. (Incidentally, I discovered that they can actually be used as chalk in 5th grade.) They reminded me of the time my friend and I took a box of them, dumped all the hearts out, wrote nasty messages on all of them in red pen, put them all back in, and gave them to a girl we didn't like.
21. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
22. If you spin an oriental man in a circle 3 times, does he become disoriented?
23. Is there another word for synonym?
24. What if there were no hypothetical questions?
25. Is a vegetarian permitted to eat animal crackers?
26. Why is it called a "near miss" when two cars almost hit each other? A collision is a near miss!
27. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clea
Do we get a "Which Member Do You See Most Often?" topic in General Discussion every few days?
And there's always several members who make the same old joke. You know the one, "I always see [their display name here]! That guy follows me everywhere!"
11. At the airport, what does it mean to "pre-board" the plane? To get on before you get on?
12. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
13. If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?
14. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
15. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
16. If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
17. If a man is speaking in the middle of the forest, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still
1. When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
2. If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
3. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
4. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
5. Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, then what do freedom fighters fight?
6. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
7. Honesty may be the best policy, but then, by elimination, isn't