BIG OL SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING, WATCH THE DANG SHOW FIRST
1. Okay so I guess Kanan dying a few episodes back makes the finale a little less bitter but I'm still mad about it.
2. I am happy that there's confirmation that there was more to Kanan and Hera's relationship than was shown on-screen, because it felt a bit sparse and desperate at times.
3. Sabine has been my favorite character throughout, because Mandalorians, but her post-time-skip look is like really cute.
4. Ezra's absence and the time skip made me feel kinda sad! Like they've been a big family for so long but now Kanan is dead, Ezra is gone, Sabine stayed on Lothal, Hera went off with the rebels, and Zeb did whatever. Kind of a big breaking of the fellowship. Hopefully they can (mostly) all get together again and I want to see that story now, Dave.
5. Yay Ahsoka!
6. I would've liked a little bit more tie-in with Rogue One, kinda like how The Clone Wars was supposed to end with Anakin and Obi-Wan rushing off the be in Ep. III. Oh well.
7. I'm gonna miss Rebels Recon a lot! It was a fun little bit that gave interesting inside looks at the episodes. I hope the next animated series has something similar.
8. Just a minor thing, but it's neat that Kanan and Hera's son took her surname. Not that Kanan had much of a definite surname to work with, also "Jacen Jarrus" would've sounded really dumb, but still.
9. I like that Thrawn was beaten by the "make him go somewhere else" method rather than killed. Not only because it leaves him open to future stories but because it seems fitting that someone that smart doesn't just suddenly die at the end, he's a bit tougher than that.
10. It was a very good finale overall!
11. Also big plot twist that Dave was Chopper all along.