The mods were on a tyrade last week about how the OGD should be a place for concise discussion and posting dialogues with Greg. Then they disappeared, and now we're in a bad spell of people making totally extraneous posts. What up wit that?
• Elemental affiliations in 2009 are based on geography, but tribes are still referred to as the fire tribe, the water tribe, etc.
• Like any desert, the surface of Bara Magna has oases and other such areas.
• The six elements mentioned next year are fire, water, ice, sand, rock, and plant/jungle.
• There is no "Earth" tribe next year; rather, black is Rock and tan is Sand.
• The rock tribe lives in the mountains, and the sand tribe lives in the desert sands.
• Greg, on the free-for-all state of Bara Magna: "I wouldn't describe it as that, no. The tribes are united as such, but they do have a very well-defined social structure that governs their relations with each other. So while they are not "working together," they are also not at war with each other."
• With respect to the Agori and Glatorian -- in one case, the title is a species name; in the other, it is not.
• The Glatorian are all of the same species.
• The "Bone hunters" are among the villains, as they are not the only villains.
• Vorox is not a bone hunter.
• Unlike in the Matoran universe, romance has potential in the 2009 setting, though it almost definitely won't occur in story.
• One female set will be released in summer, as she will be a major movie character.
• Greg likes Malum's character, as well as those of some summer sets.
• We will not learn Mata Nui's personality in the first 2009 book.
• The storyline of 2009 will span probably a couple months.
• The UDD map is going to appear on Bara Magna early on in the storyline.
• The Red Star can be seen dimly from Bara Magna.
• Teridax will not attempt to conquer Bara Magna, since there is not much there worth conquering.
• Since he already has telepathy, Teridax can now read the minds of anyone in the Matoran universe.
• Not many shadow Takanuva exist on Destral, maybe half a dozen.
• Mata Nui didn't die as a direct result of the virus, but of the damage of his fall.
THE BIGGER PICTURE
• The cosmology of the universe will be dealt with in future storyline.
• The Great Beings created the Red Star (this seems to be important).
• The Red Star's purpose is not to follow Mata Nui as he travels.
• The inhabitants of Bara Magna were the Great Beings' inspiration when they designed the Matoran and other creatures of the Matoran universe.
• Greg would say it's very doubtful that any Glatorian ever personally met a Great Being.
• The Great Beings would know what the UDD map is. Mata Nui and the Makuta should know, but don't. Brutaka knows now.
• The "three that must be one, the two that must make them one" do not refer to the three dots and two outer rings of the UDD map.
• Spherus Magna is not the place to which Mata Nui was headed before he crash-landed on the endless ocean planet.
• The Shattering took place before the Makuta rejected their light.
• Tobduk, Jerbraz, and Ancient were never part of the Hand of Artakha.
• There is going to be a Bionicle 2009 video game.