Okay, so I finished the official designs for the Agents of Chaos fortress... They're very nice and clean, digitally made... These things took FOREVER.
Anywho, here's the basic view:
And here's the top view, showing all of the parts:
As you can see, the perts are helpfully numbered. Well, here's the key:
1. The Moat: A protective ditch surrounding the wall of the fort. Here it is pictured with its wooden stakes and water:
2. The Drawbridge: without the drawbridge down, enemies will have to swim through the treacherous moat, and is another layer to be destroyed when an opposng army tried to break through the doors.
3. The Gatehouse: As the entryway to a fortress is always its weakest point, I've given ours every available defense to strengthen it. If one can get through the drawbridge (A), a set of hefty doors awaits (B), and behind that an metal portcullis, or dropping gate. © (Portcullis functionality pictured below). Between the portcullis and the internal set of doors (E), there are murder holes (D), which are essentially holes in the ceiling above where troops will drop things, from simple rocks to boiling water, on opposing forces trying to enter.
4. Defense Towers: Towers near the gatehouse are to allow for two lines of projectile troops, one above the other, or one in the tower, one on the parapets. The one sin back serve a similar function.
5. Rahi Landing Pad: This is a provided landing area for the organization's flying creatures, and also a takeoff bay.
6. Watchtower: A Tower. For watching.
7. Barracks/Rahi kennels This low, long building houses both out organization's troops, but also our creatures, who are stored in both above-and-below-ground "stables."
8. The Keep: The Fort's main building, this large construction houses most of the important rooms. While the below graphic's rooms remain blank, his is just a floor-by-floor description.
A- The top level is entirely reserved for the Organization's elite ranks, Generals and Leaders. Their living quarters and war planning councils are on this floor.
B- The tall-ceilinged main level holds a mess hall, as well as the kitchens and food storages.
C- The basement is essentially a giant storage, where everything from weapons to emergency food are held.
D- The sub-basement is the prison level, with cell upon cell crammed in for maximum holding capabilities.
9. The Well: The fortress holds its own supply of water, in case of malicious water poisoning of external sources.
10. The Main Tower: Not only does this tall spire hold the Leader's Throne Chamber and their laboratories, but is also a key defense spot for anti-air attacks.
11. The Parapets: The fort's thick walls are the number one defense it has, and prove to be difficult to scale because of the sharp spines lodged on top.
And I think that's it... Any questions?