I decided to extend the deadline until the October, 10th! That means people who haven't found the time to enter, or ones who already have, can get some time to enter and edit their entries. Good luck!
Last year I held a Glitch in the System contest, and its theme was to design one of my characters--this time? The purpose of this contest is to create a character that will show up in the upcoming epic
. If you win, the character will be considered canon
in the GitS universe. You guys have been so kind to me with this story, so I feel I should repay you by getting the community a bit more involved. Now then, let’s get down to details.
This is not
an ‘only art/story/moc’ contest. You guys get a lot of free reign in this. The purpose is to simply come up with a character of your liking, tell me about him/her in a format similar to RPG templates, and that’s it. However, it is strongly
recommended that you do art/MoC so I can picture him/her clearly. The more details and depth, the better chances you have at winning (this doesn’t mean you have to have super long info, though)
.Need tips on creating a character?
• The character has to fit into the theme of GitS. My story focuses a lot on a ‘cyberpunk’ theme. This epic is mainly in a city called Jiahk with the classic gangsters, funky politicians and lots of guns and explosions.
• While Toa are always nice, try to be extra creative. Do you have an idea for a spunky Matoran reporter? A mysterious diplomat? Some evil crime lord? Be creative, surprise me!
• If you’re still unsure about what to do, think of the characters in stuff like NCIS
, Star Gate
, The Matrix
, Ghost in the Shell
, or other crime/adventure series.General information and rules:
• Follow all BZP rules and guidelines.
• One entry per person.
• I’m going by a judging system, not voting. I am not judging by ‘who drew the best looking character/etc’; I want originality, not necessarily artistic talent.
• There will be three winners
• Remember: if you win, that means I have full control over that character. No, I won’t make him/her be stupid, and you will have full credit of creating him/her—but be aware that this is my story, do not back-seat drive (but feel free to give me ideas or things you do not want me to do with said character)
• Please make sure the format of your entry is readable and organized. Otherwise, I’m not picky.
• I am NOT
going to answer super basic questions on the story for you. If you expect to get a character in, I expect at least for you to read my story.Q&A:
Q: ….what is Glitch in the System?
A: Glitch in the System is a Bionicle epic that is about a Toa named Tachi and her Partner named Komas. It’s set in a slightly futuristic setting. You can read it here
Q: What’s the deadline?
A: OCTOBER 10TH, 2010, 11:59PM CNT
. I know, it’s only two weeks, but I must begin working on this story soon. I may be flexible, though.
Q: Can the character be an alias of me/my bzp persona?
A: If you really want to. Just make sure that character will fit logically in my story.
Q: So, I can make a MoC, piece of art, or even a sprite of my character?
A: Yes. There are no limitations on this.
Q: Can my character be part of Toa Niihlus’ agency?
A: Sure. Any faction you remember, you can create a character to be part of it. You can also create your own.
Q: If I win, how important will my character be? Are there other prizes?
A: It depends. It will most likely be more than a cameo, but otherwise it depends on what the story needs. Besides getting your character canon, I am considering some cool other prizes…but still working on that.
Q: I don’t understand this in the story/I’m not sure I can do this/etc.
A: If you need any help, just ask here or PM me.
Aaaand I think that’s it. What are you still here for? Go create that character for me!
(oh and if you want to spread the word/advertise, that would be nice.)