Xaeraz hugs the "Sumikube" - the official BrickFair 2012 mascot. Consisting of a Companion Cube Plushie with a hat and huge sunglasses, it was a big hit at the tables, especially during the public hours.
The Sumikube sits amongst my MOCs.
Zatth poses with the Sumikube.
When Avohkah Tamer showed up, I just had to stick my panda/fez/shades combo on him. I have pictures of others doing this, but AT's was probably the best.
On the second day, we ran into -Windrider- as we were perusing the other tables. So what did we do?
IMPROMPTU HATPILE, THAT'S WHAT
Xaeraz sticks his head into the camera. This is one of the most disturbing images ever.
Windeh is sexeh with two hats
On the third day, Black Six grabbed my fez and donned it, rightly proclaiming that they are cool.
MOCs, MOCs everywhere ...
HEY BFA, WE DIDN'T SCREW IT UP THIS TIME
On the last day, the King of All Hatpiles was created. I'm not sure how many I was balancing, but it was awesome.
GROUP SHOT (after I convinced ChocolateFrogs to aim the camera right-side up)
Dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. We tried in vain to get a good group shot but none of them really turned out. In this one, Avohkah Tamer is a blur and only half of Spink's head can be seen.
In this one, everyone's a tad blurry and Sisen is staring at something that is most definitely not the camera. Also, Spink is pulling the Steve Jobs face.
LOOT, GLORIOUS LOOT
All of the teal. ALL OF IT.
Not tonight, however.
In no particular order:
- I apparently talk in Palatino
- Papyrus is worse than Comic Sans
- Hat towers are cool
- Zatth's GIFs will be hilarious when I download/convert them
- He is the human GIF
- Ballom came back during the dreaded PUBLIC HOURS from the vendors and showed us a bag full of cool parts and rare '01 masks. I immediately asked him where he got it and he told me - apparently one of the vendors had refilled their gigantic BIONICLE tub. So Daiker, Cholie, and I sliced through the crowd and got more delicious loot
- Meiko gave me some teal parts
- Meiko is pretty cool, though he's quite literally the human troll. He kept trying to steal my BZP Staff brick off my badge
- I kept trying to think of classical music jokes when I was around Windrider, but whenever I got near him my mind suddenly went blank
- We sang "Happy Birthday" to Black Six, who then threatened to ban everyone who sung
- Black Six slapped Takuma's hat off of his head, sending the light clip that was on it shattering into its constituent parts. While we were able to piece it back together, I'm not sure if anyone ever got it to work
- After public hours, we planned a last-minute vendor raid, but Architect and I didn't run into anything interesting on sale
- Kothra and Waffles both made their appearance known via laggy and blurry videocalls
- Malignus showed up again today and showed everyone his technique for attaching Kopaka Mata's shield to his feet
- Xaeraz cobbled together a Toxic Waste Bunny and walked the Dinosaur
- Cholie and I barked at each other
- InnerRayg remarked that our dancing should supply the front page for at least five days
- We looked at pictures on Zatth's iPad, watched videos from last year's 'Fair, and made dumb jokes and puns
- Takuma's cousin won a door prize at the closing ceremonies
- Afterwards, Brickeens, Takuma, his cousin, Avohkah Tamer, Bionicle Raptor, Zatth, Disky, Spink, Sisen, and I went out to eat dinner, where much hilarity ensued - specifically, pun zingers in the conversation between Zatth and me.
- My mom took a group shot of us all, but half of Spink's head was behind Sisen, so another picture was taken. Everyone looked strange, so a third attempt was made ... but everyone turned out blurry. After Sisen messed with the camera, we finally got a good group picture and all was right with the world again
- Zatth, after having a lunch of Skittles and a second lunch of nachos, was out of money because his parents didn't want him to squander it at BrickFair. He ended up eating a side of macaroni and cheese from someone else's plate
- A few set designers who did a BrickFair seminar were eating at the same place we were, so they came over and said hi
- Unfortunately I had to go so I missed whatever hilarity is going on in Takuma's hotel room as I type this, but I have to get up early tomorrow morning so Brickeens, Zatth, and I can tour Washington
I miss BrickFair already - but hey, it's only 361 more days until it all happens again.
There are 12 days to go.
That's 288 hours.
Or 17,280 minutes.
Or 1,036,800 seconds.
I. On the Road Again
III. Duck and Cover
IV. "Did Everyone Here Remember Their Jumper Cables?"
V. Fiery Paleontology
VI. Big Utensils, Little Flavor
VII. The Greenhouse Effect
VIII. Joe, Honey, and Mr. Touchy
IX. The Great Canadian Road Trip
X. The Snow Must Go On
XI. Loaded for Bear
XII. Grin and Bear It
XIII. "Spaghetti on Top of Pasta"
XIV. Running Down an Interstate
XVII. In Thu Volcanoe
XVIII. Rockies and Bullwinkle
XIX. Soda Pop
XX. Beating a Dead Horse
XXI. A Window of Opportunity
XXIII. Passing Out
XXIV. Mr. Sandman
XXV. A Fish Out of Water
XXVI. Deep in the Heart of Texas
XXVII. All Hot and Bothered
XXVIII. Hog Heaven
XXIX. Whistling Dixie
XXX. The Last Full Measure
He's the lord of all strangeness. - Ignika: Nerd of Life
How awesome is Sumiki on a scale of 1 to 10? - Waffles
42. - Black Six
[He's] the king of wierd, the prince of practicality, the duke of durr! - Daiker
Sumiki is magic. - Cholie
Sumiki says, "Do I creeeeeeep you out?" Yes, he does. - Waffles
Sumiki is a nub. He's cool, but he's still a nub. - Ran Yakumo
"What is a Sumiki?" You may ask. But the answer to that is still unknown, even to the Sumiki itself. - Daiker
Ah, Sumiki. - Electric Turahk
LISTEN TO SUMIKI - Cholie
Sumiki is best snickerdoodle. - Takuma Nuva
BZPower = Sumiki + McSmeag + B6. And Hahli Husky. - Vorex
What's a Sumi? Does it taste good? - Janus
I would have thought Sumiki wanted to reincarnate as a farm animal. - Kraggh
EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH - Kakaru
Sumiki: the horse_ebooks of bzp - VampireBohrok
Everything relates to Sumiki. No really, everything. - Daiker
He's in worse mental condition than I thought. - Obsessionist
I'm just wondering why I'm looking at some cat dancing ... I suppose the answer would simply be "Sumiki." - Brickeens
I was like a beast, screaming through the mind of Sumiki at the speed of sound. I.. I wasn't strong enough to stop myself. What I saw was the end of infinity, through which one can see the beginning of time, and I will never be the same. - Portalfig
I imagine the 13th Doctor will be rather like Sumiki, at the rate we're going. - rahkshi guurahk
My Little Content Block
Savage Rockslide Awakened
Group: Premier Forum Assistants
Joined: 4-September 06
Premier: 9-October 06
FM: 20-February 12
FA: 29-August 12
Member No.: 45057
26th All-Time Poster
2nd All-Time PFA Poster
Cryoshell Album Winner
Lifetime Premier - Dimensioneer
Reports - Toaraga - 12-January 09
EotS Continues News Article - Black Six - 10-February 09
BBC Reports/NMQ&A help - Than the Moa - 11-February 09
9th Most Commented Blog
5th Most Viewed Blog
14th Most Entries
Every week, I post a new "Tuesday Tablescrap", a small MOC not worthy of a topic, but something to post and inspire me to build more.
10/25/11 - Duplo Flower
11/1/11 - Slender Man and Masky
11/8/11 - Bizarre Black Spaceship
11/15/11 - 2001 Monolith
11/22/11 - My Little Slizer 50
11/29/11 - Punching Bag
12/6/11 - Thunder and Escorts
12/13/11 - Three Concepts
12/20/11 - Kaxium Alternate
12/27/11 - None (Christmas Break)
1/10/12 - None
1/17/12 - Volant
1/24/12 - Nidman's Chute Shoop Shop
1/31/12 - None (Brickshelf down)
2/7/12 - None
2/14/12 - Atomic Lime
2/21/12 - Spearhead
2/28/12 - Glatorian Kahi
3/6/12 - Seeker
3/13/12 - Skyscraper
3/20/12 - Microphone
3/27/12 - Toa Vultraz
4/3/12 - Flammenwerferjüngeres
4/10/12 - Umbrella
4/17/12 - Lime Beetle
4/24/12 - Special - Flame Sculpture
5/1/12 - None (BZPower down)
5/8/12 - Purple Ninja
5/15/12 - The Original Sumiki
5/22/12 - 7/24/12 - None
7/31/12 - Tahu
8/7/12 - None (BrickFair)
8/14/12 - Special - Chess Set
8/21/12 - Heavily Armored Wasp
8/28/12 - Spaceship Drill
9/4/12 - Scuba Vehicle
9/11/12 - Orange Guy
9/18/12 - Strange Flying Thing
9/25/12 - Goblet
10/2/12 - None
10/9/12 - Aim .............................. Down
10/16/12 - Gold Bot
10/23/12 - Teal Mech
10/30/12 - Special - Teal Mech (#2)
11/6/12 - Bits and Pieces
11/13/12 - Two Spaceships
11/20/12 - TARDIS Interior
11/27/12 - Christmas Creep
12/4/12 - Toaraga
12/11/12 - Fireplace
12/18/12 - Abstract Duckling
12/25/12 - None (Christmas)
1/1/13 - Black Bot
1/8/13 - 1/22/13 - None
1/29/13 - Handheld Rhotuka Launcher
Formerly known as the Bring Back Teal Club, the Unused Colors Society is a club that serves to promote colors that are little-used or discontinued, such as teal, old purple, or metallic blue.
Akuna Toa of Sonics
Popup2: The Camel
~System Of A Down~
Thunder on the Mountain
Toa of Vahi
WORT WORT WORT
Toa Kuhrii Avohkii
Toa Neya 2011 Edition
~prisma son of dawn~
.: WoLVeRINe :.
The Great Forgetter
Thomas the Tank Engine
Oh my miru
Element lord Of Milk.
Lexuk Toa Of Insanity
Michael J. Caboose
Lord Kaitan de Storms
Toa of Dancing
The Oncoming Storm
Toa of Pumpkin
Toa Zehvor Blackout
Lord of Ice
Zarayna: The Quiet Light
Vorex: Keeper of Time
Toa of Smooth Jazz
Click to join!
0 user(s) viewing
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
If you learn one thing in life, learn this:
You should never, ever question why demons would possess a soda.
just a heads up - Cthulhu would probably eradicate mankind before bringing back Bionicle
so yeah, all I'm saying is, please think twice about this okay
nothing gets democracy flowing like erratic capitalizatION