No seriously, I honestly have no idea where BMan got the name. So what is it?
Anyway, some things to note, since I feel it's noteworthy:
- BS01's prank was written last-minute on March 31st by a team consisting of Zo'Tomana, Cholie and myself. Kayru and BMan offered input later.
- The prank concept was about a week old. It was literally started up in a conversation between like 5 staff members. We waited until the last minute to post it.
- I actually did my part this time around (though it seems unnecessarily) to lead a misdirection on everyone. If you recall, I had two blog entries related to a 'GL01' concept, between a logo and a suggestion for one. That was the misdirection. It failed, but nobody saw our prank coming anyway. So it succeeded.
- This was the fourth worst thing I could have done. Let that one sink in for a second.
- Alternatively, I could have done the following:
- Faked evidence that Bionicle was returning (I'm seriously glad I didn't do that one, in hindsight.)
- Faked evidence that a new buildables line was coming (I was leaning towards fake Doctor Who, but that required work)
- Posted that I was acquiring BZPower (ALSO glad I didn't do that, in hindsight.)
So to answer a question I see being asked a lot, none
of the answers on the topic were legit. Basically, I sat here in a Skype call and gave 90% of the answers. Input was put in to flesh them out, so at the end I'd say about 30-40% of what you saw was from me.
Oh, and there was also a deleted answer from that list. A question was asked about Jaller transporting back up to the Red Star and returning by Takutanuva. I had a wonderful answer for that I now quote:
"The rest of the story takes place in Jallers head as he dies."
I think this one was a tossup to keep or remove. Obviously the entire list screamed prank, but leaving this one in would have seal it away. BMan decided to remove it. I think it's best we did, but I still feel good to share it.
Now think about that one for a second: 2004-2010, all in Jaller's head as he slips into a coma. I think it'd make for a doozy of a theory, don't you agree?
(I could write a whole blog entry on that one alone, too. I just might.)
Anyway, prank over. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Please forward all pitchfork and torch assaults to my new home, Dorek's house. Kthx.