I thought it would be fun and interesting if some of the members shared the holiday spirit with one another.
I know that some people aren't as fortunate as others so I'm going to mention them before I even talk about the actual gift exchange.
If you don't want to participate you don't have to. I understand if you can't afford to buy something for someone else let alone your family. I'd be more than happy to help you out but it isn't easy to tell who is being honest online and not.
For those of you that can afford to buy something for someone and don't want to participate. All I'm asking is that you go out and donate something to charity. It doesn't have to be money it could be something in perfectly good condition you have never used. You could even do one of the shop for a child things that a lot of stores do.
If you do donate anything let me know and I'll be happy to make you a custom banner/avatar or edit a personal photo for you.
Now about the gift exchange.
Post here saying you want to be apart of the gift exchange and I'll compile a list off all the people until a certain date (yet to be determined).
After that I will assign random numbers to everyone and we will all pick a number to get a person to buy for. I'll take the last person that isn't chosen, that's the only fair way for me to pick.
No one will know who is buying for them, just the person they are buying for.
After everyone has picked a number they'll need to send me their address the gift should be mailed to and I'll relay it to the person sending the gift.
If you can't give out your address then you really can't participate.
Also, we're being honest and serious about sharing this holiday spirit with one another. There will be consequences for anyone that signs up and does not send out a gift when someone bought them one.
The punishment will be whatever the staff deems necessary.
I really don't want anything bad to happen though.
Please don't inform the person you are buying for unless extremely necessary. We want this to be a fun surprise for everyone. Asking the person what they want spoils everything.
Here are a few suggestions about gift buying:
- Don't go over $20. I would only spend around $10 but I'm not going to limit anyone to anything. Some people might feel more generous than others. Just know that if you do spend a decent sum of money on something the person buying for you doesn't know that.
- Don't buy anything big. You have to mail the gift and pay for the shipping.
- You could buy something online and have it shipped as a gift, so you never have to leave your house. A lot of websites offer this feature and it's usually free.
- If you can decide on a gift see if the person has a premier membership. You could give two gifts instead of one! You'll be giving them a gift and helping out BZPower.
- Do not send perishables such as food and drinks.
- Do not send anything inappropriate. You don't want to mess with a child's angry parents or the BZPower staff.
- You don't have to buy anything! You could make something for them instead.
I think this exchange could be very successful and Black Six doesn't have a problem with it.
Just post here saying you want to participate and we will get things started!