• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Seneca's Keep

I'll call it a Midnight Premiere!

Posted by Inferna Firesword , Oct 17 2015 · 103 views
Writing, BZPower, Reborn
That way I can't be accused of breaking my word. =P

But in any case, Reborn has begun! I should have the next chapter up by next weekend, if not sooner.

The Show's About to Start!

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Writing, BZPower Oct 16 2015 · 73 views
Writing, BZPower, Reborn
Some may have noticed the big, fancy banner that's replaced my text signature as of late. You might've also noticed the date I posted in my profile feed. That's because I'm almost ready to start posting a new G1 Bionicle fanfic I've been playing around with since last January.

Curtain lifts Saturday. I hope you'll enjoy my story. :)

BrickCon Pictures

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in BZPower, Life Oct 04 2015 · 256 views

Alright, time for the recap!

Getting to Seattle was difficult, mostly because Akaku and I didn't have access to my car -- and in any case, I had no experience driving downtown. We wound up taking a bus or two. Not the most efficient, or comfortable, way, but it got us there.

Things seemed both a bit packed and yet not as packed this year. Lots of impressive MOCs, though! Special note to a remote-controlled R2-D2, and a remote-controlled mouse droid (those rolling toaster ovens that ran around on the Death Star).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Bionicle table was a lot smaller this year, and not in its usual place of mid-back (more like the back-back). There was a lot of cool MOCs but - somewhat worryingly - no members hanging around. (We got to the hall at around 11:50.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After some heartbreaking moments of concern that we were the only members there -- eureka! We found one!

Posted Image
Pictured: Roa McToa and her amazing Makuta of Okoto MOC. Not pictured: Akaku fanboying.

We had a lovely chat, and -- our hope restored -- we went on the hunt again. And we found more!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Pictured: GSR and Kakaru. Not pictured: Cajun.

We all had a chat, a couple of the metal pieces I brought with me got passed around (my bronze Shelek, and my Kohrak-Kal ring), and then -- the fire alarm got pulled.

We regrouped outside, and met up with Cederak and Ezorou. After a few moments getting acquainted, we decided to take our unscheduled break to get lunch at the Armory. We spent about 1.5 hours eating and chatting together, then returned to the convention hall.

Fortunately, during the break, more members came out of the woodwork.

Posted Image
Pictured, from left to right: Based Goomy and xccj.

Posted Image
Pictured: Cederak, Ezorou, and Letagi.

We had a great time, but with the end of the con day coming up (and my getting dizzy), we needed to get going. I took one last picture, then headed to find the bus home.

Posted Image
Pictured, from left to right: Roa McToa, The 1st Shadow, Meyres the Anchorman, Akaku: Master of Flight

All in all, despite issues with the transportation and finding other members, this was probably the best BrickCon I've ever gone to! Can't wait until next year! ^^

EDIT: The Brickshelf gallery I put all the pictures in is now public!

(warning, not all of them were cropped before uploading)

Brickcon Saturday!

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in BZPower Oct 03 2015 · 68 views
Brick event, Inferna and Akaku and 1 more...
Well, aside from some issues with our transportation, we had a great time! I'll make a post with our pictures of the things we saw soon, once I've gotten them all uploaded. :)

(Shout-out to the lunch crew! That was the most fun I've had in a long time. ^^)

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life Sep 24 2015 · 168 views

I'll be coming this year. And I won't be alone.

I'm still sorting out the transportation thing, but I think we'll be taking the bus downtown, so we don't need to worry about driving and trying to find parking. Sure, there'll be more walking that way, but that's not as bad as the alternative.

Hmm ... I'll probably wear my Kohrak-Kal shield ring there, and maybe string my bronze Shelek into a necklace so I can bring that along.

Anyone else coming this year?

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Video Games Jun 15 2015 · 66 views
E3, Dishonored, Inferna fangirls
Excuse me as I flail in happiness at the fact one of my favorite games is getting a sequel. xD

(And as I contemplate what potential nastiness will be waiting for the recipients of the Non-Lethal eliminations. How can you one-up the takedowns for Campbell, Burrows, and Delilah?)

Spring Quarter's finished

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in BZPower, Writing, School, Video Games, Life Jun 09 2015 · 38 views

Posted Image

Sorry about the inactivity, but the third year of college definitely takes priority. At least now I can put some time into my writing again.

Here's a quick list of stuff I wanted to mention.

House of Wolves DLC: Loads of fun; I'm of the opinion that with its release, Destiny was definitely made worth the money I've sunk into it. With the Playstation exclusive stuff due to arrive to the Xbox soon, I'm eager to get on that as well.

Rebirth/other fanfics: Now that my quarter has finished, I should be able to start writing, and posting, chapters for Rebirth. As its got my attention and interest for now, Wings is officially on hiatus, at least until I feel like going back to it.

Random life stuff:
-Come tomorrow, I will turn 21 in a month. How did that happen?
-Wasn't able to get a sweet internship at my mom's workplace that I had my eye on (it was paying, too!), so I'm still photographing at the zoo for my summer job. I'm aiming to try and get an internship, or a job, at a publishing company next school year, so I'll have a place to start when I graduate from college next spring (all being well!)
-The carpenter ants stopped invading my room about three weeks ago. Either they ran out of male fliers or they found another way out of the colony that doesn't go inside the building. Either way, I can sleep easier now.

So ... yeah. How're things with all of you?

Ants. Ants Everywhere. *shudders*

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life, School Apr 28 2015 · 242 views
Rant, Phobias, Insects and 1 more...
So for the last couple years at WWU (this year and the year before that), I've been living in the same dorm room. This is a problem. Why?

Well, the room I'm in has a reputation for having an insect infestation every spring quarter. My first year here, it was silverfish, though I was fortunate to not have to deal with them. The last two years, the years I've been living in the room of evil?

Carpenter ants.

And not just any carpenter ants. My roommates and I have had to deal with the reproductive-capable males -- aka, the ones with wings.

In a small room. Where they like flying near the light fixtures.

Soo ... yeah. Now you know why I now have a fear of flying insects.

(Rant over guys, sorry.)

On a non-writing note ....

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Video Games Apr 10 2015 · 183 views
Hearthstone, Blizzard and 1 more...
After I left, I really got into Hearthstone. Does anyone else play? I'm up for exchanging Battletags if anyone else wants to. :P

Thanks, Everyone!

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Writing Apr 07 2015 · 142 views

Thanks to everyone who tossed ideas for location names at me! It'd be kinda awkward if I kept calling the main location in my upcoming Bionicle fanfic just 'the City' xD

For the record, here are the names I've settled on:
Fortress: Dorcha (my filler name, which I got attached to)
City: Aonui (my original placeholder, which I decided on against Dragon 11603's Clatis via coin toss)
Village: Pareo (submitted by Zox Tomana)

All being well, I'll start work on the story this quarter, and start posting it in late May-early June if it comes along well.

As a side note, I've put Wings on indefinite hiatus (if there's anyone that's wondering about it anymore). I can't make Chapter 15 work the way I want it to, and in any case apparently there are people not keen on how I've been writing it anyway. If I manage to finish Chapter 15 to my satisfaction at some point, I'll put it up, but its not my priority right now.

Thanks for reading. :)

Wanted: Location Name Ideas

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Writing Apr 04 2015 · 198 views
Brainstorming, Stumped, Help?
So I'm trying to set up a plan for a story I'm working on. I've hit a snag, though: I need names for a few locations, and I'm drawing blanks on ideas.

Here's what I need. I need a name for a city, a name for a village, and (possibly) a name for a fortress. I promise I will give you credit if I wind up using your ideas in the final product. :)

Commence the brainstorm!

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Writing, BZPower Feb 17 2015 · 208 views
Writing again?, Maybe?
So I'm more or less still sticking around again. I won't be as active as I was back in the site's heyday, since I'm mostly sticking to DA these days.

That said, I'm considering starting to post my Bionicle fanfics here, as few as they are. I still have my Wings topics, so if I get that off the ground again I'll probably post chapters there, and I'm toying with a new story idea that might take precedence over it.

All being said, I want to know if there's anyone here that would read and/or reply to them. Call me egotistical, but I do like hearing what people think about my work.

I'm Back? Maybe?

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life, BZPower Feb 13 2015 · 251 views
Hi guys
So apparently I still remember my password here so I can access my profile, and I'm still Premier, too. I was originally just here to try and remake contact with a couple old friends, but ... well, maybe my leaving the site isn't as permanent as I thought a couple years ago.

We'll see.

In any case, hi again. How've things been?

I'm Done

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in World Wide Web, BZPower Oct 31 2013 · 411 views

I've been thinking about making a final break with BZP for a long time now. Heck, I've been doing so in all but name for the last year or so, when I was barely active. But after this latest hack, enough is enough.
Most of my work is gone, victims of the various hackings and data losses. Most of my friends have left already. My reader base here is not enough for me to have the motivation to continue Wings or Break of Day -- here, anyway. 
My friends know where to find me online: I use this same name on most of the other sites I'm on. I'd list them, but I don't trust the site enough for them to not have their names removed when I bring them up. If you see me there, comment or send a note and mention how I know you; I'll reply pretty quickly.
It's been fun, BZP, but all things come to an end. Happy Halloween.

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Writing, Life Jul 31 2013 · 215 views

I say I'm back, and then I immediately drop back off the face of the site again for two weeks. Go me.
Anyway ...
-I'm working as an intern at my mom's workplace now, since I couldn't find a job within a certain time constraint. Aside from the not-getting-paid thing, its not too bad.
-Birthday went well. Not much else to say there.
-I've been playing tons of Skyrim lately, but I might get back into Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 eventually. Said Skyrim playing has actually given me and Jayson (aka Akaku) ideas for a webcomic, but we're mostly messing around with ideas at the time being.
-Speaking of Ak: he's on the west coast for a few weeks, and is currently staying with me and my family for a week before he heads back up to BC. I'll probably be heading up there for a weekend or so in a little while.
-Bought a remote-controlled snake-bot at a street fair my town had a few days ago. I'll have some fun with it in a little while. >=D
-Saw Pacific Rim last Monday with Jayson. I'll be buying it when it arrives on DVD.
-Writer's block slowly breaking down; mostly been playing with ideas for Wired, an original sci-fi/fantasy story, though, so no Wings just yet.

I still have a blog, apparently

Posted by Inferna Firesword , Jul 13 2013 · 200 views

And I'm still Premier, for some odd reason. I haven't paid for Premier-dom for quite a while -- certainly not during the last few months, when I only looked at BZP to check the front page -- so if someone could explain this to me, that'd be nice.
Anyway ... I'm back.
For now.
We'll see how long it takes before I vanish again. :P

Kitty Pictures

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life Feb 17 2013 · 219 views

As promised. =)
Posted Image
This is Andy; he's the older of the pair at 2 1/2 years old. He's polydactyl, so he has an extra toe on both of his front paws (not that you could tell here -- sorry). He's also really funny when it comes to catnip.
Posted Image
This is Pebbles; she's seven months old. Andy keeps following her around when he sees her, though she's not sure what to think of him right now. Despite the fact she's closer to kittenhood, Andy's a bit more rambunctious than she is -- but she makes up for it by having a very cute meow, in my opinion.
(I wanted to call them Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel, for the record, but I got vetoed.)

So, while the forums were down ...

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life Feb 17 2013 · 219 views

I got two new family members.
Specifically, two new kitties.
I'll have pictures tomorrow-ish, now that they've settled in.

One Year Anniversery

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life Jan 30 2013 · 377 views
Me, Jayson, ^^
Yep, it's been a year.
Considering that nay-sayers kept claiming we'd last two months maximum, I'd say we've proven them dead wrong. =P
On to two years!
EDIT: And hey, have another early valentine's day picture, made by Jayson.

Well that explains a lot

Posted by Inferna Firesword , in Life, World Wide Web Dec 20 2012 · 315 views
end of the world?, nah
Mayans: the world's oldest trolls?
... jokes aside, I highly doubt that tomorrow will be anything other than the average Friday, not the apocolypse or the 'dawn of a new age' as the New-Age people are calling it. Since whatever's supposed to happen is supposed to happen around 5 AM, I'll probably sleep right through it.
So, if I don't wake up from earthquakes tomorrow, or I'm unable to move things with my mind (as the New-Ageists are saying I will be), I'm going to have a nice time laughing at the people that bought into it.

Yours Truly

Username: Inferna Firesword
Nicknames: Fern, Lady Greatsword, Inferna Greatsword, Witch Queen, Pteridophyta, Infernal Smokeknife, Tarnation Combustion Weapon, Fiction, and other assorted names
Astrology Sign: Cancer
Astrology Element: Water
Zodiac Sign: Dog
Transformers Alignment: Decepticon
Current Location: WA, USA
Dream Job: Professional author
Likes: Music (LP!), books, writing, good food, awesome people, Jewelry and Metals class, video games, pranks, archery, swordplay (really good swordplay), Transformers, role-playing, and Akaku ^^
Dislikes: Hypocrites, gum, math, shallow people, procrastination, overzealous fanpeeps (Twilight fangirls, for example), excessive cursing, lazy grammar, people that rip off of my work
Xbox Live Gamertag/Battletag/3DS Friendcode: Classified; PM me if you want any of them.

These halls have seen much. From tales of heroes and friendship to tales of villains and death, from stories familiar to the ones out of our world, they have seen them all.

Enter Seneca's Keep if you dare. These halls ring with the laughter, screams, and sobs of those that enter our realms and listen to our words. Many leave in the end, but there are those that fall so under our spell that they never set foot in the outside world again.

They still haunt the Keep -- you may see them out of the corner of your eye, pale and wane from lack of proper sustance. They will not harm you, so long as you do not give them reason to, but take their tale as a warning. Delve into our otherworldly plots with caution -- immerse yourself too deeply, and even we Seneca will not be able to prevent you from becoming part of the Keep and our stories forever.

Join us at your own risk.

The Toa Seneca And Their Wares

Who We Are: "Seneca" means "place of stones" in a certain Native American dialect. This relates to the Amaja Circle on Mata Nui, the story-telling pit where the Turaga used stones to represent various points of a story. In some way -- be it through Role-Playing in the RPG forum or CoT, writing stories in the Library, or creating comics in the Creative Outlet -- we all tell stories to others. By ourselves and with the aid of others, we bring these tales to life. We are the Storytellers. We are the Toa Seneca.

Main Members (aka the founding members)

Inferna Firesword and her Library

Akaku: Master of Flight and his Comics

Repicheep XXII and his Library

Aych Ehn (Hewkiinuva) and his RPG

Japoro - Toa of Ice

Kagha and his Library

Kini Hawkeye and his Library

Honorary Members

Saya (Chibi Bahamut) and her Library

Lady Kopaka and her Library

Unofficial Honoraries

Youmu Konpaku (better known as Potu)

The Keep

Appearance: Dependant on viewer. Can appear as cottage, castle, or anything in-between
Property of: Toa Seneca; run by Inferna Firesword (assisted by Akaku)
Contains: 9 libraries/RPGs/collections, private chambers for all Toa Seneca, dragon room, 3 lounges, one large kitchen, studios, armories, dungeons, garages, shark tank, heated pool
Defenses: Six Transformer guards, Vuvuzela cannons, energy shields, comet callers, bazookas, dragons, halflings (Bionicle), Seneca powers, time stoppers, nuclear missles, grenade machine guns, watermelon cannons, sound-proof walls, Krakkan in the backyard lake, Ents on our front lawn, Balrogs in the garage, space slugs underground
Security Systems: Security cameras, ultrasonic sensors, thermal cameras, electricity sensors, laser alarms, security droids, Krakkan, Ents, Balrogs

Nuzar the Pinapoconut : That is just plain cute! Kopaka's expresiion is priceless.

Turakii #1 Lavasurfer : Kitty ears for Mata: $6 apiece at Hot Topic

Shrink ray to make them fit in teacup: $200,000

Kopaka expression once he discovers what the others are about to do to him: Priceless

~La Pantoufle Seule ~: OOC: ME TO THE RESCUE. -fanfare plays while I jump off building-

Alex Humva: Zarry has the powers of prediction, guys. Listen to him, lest you become a fly on honeypaper thats on fire with a nuke aimed at it.

Shot by a PHYSICIST!: *Spittake* Three point five? That does it. I'm moving to Washington.

Japoro (in an arguement with Kagha about the possiblity of AeolusxAmph in H&H): You say she wants to dump me for some loser air toa?! I KILL YOU FOOL!

Akaku: I'm not scared of Inferna -- just fearfully surprised.

Sir Kohran: If your parents think you're too old for Lego, simply ask them what you should be into instead, then enjoy the bewildered silence that follows.

Me: On a weird scale we're all normal, but on a normal scale we're all weird.

Half-Dragon: Seems like everyone and their archnemesis has a legacy. Me? I don't even HAVE an archnemesis, let alone a legacy. Does that make me shallow or just really lucky?

Akaku: I like to pretend everything is going well whilest in reality its nothing short of the apocalypse.

AlchemyFox: All love is tragic... Unless you're Shakespeare. Then it's just plain "Whaaaaaat?"

Dalek: I guess I can blame this confusion on your being knocked out with smoke. You are currently in a cell, with LK in the cell to your right, Tahu01 in the cell to your left, and Turakii in the cell to the right of LK's. I turned on Tahu01, knocked you all out, and stuck you in these cells. Now I'm gonna hold you all for a ransom of 500,000 widgets each.

Dalek: *teleports Nikira to Smeag-proofed cell* Pay the 500,000 widgets, or I test my new ray gun on her! >=D

Smeag (in Nikira's profile): There is no such thing as a Smeag-proof cell. My blundering bombast overcomes all. As you can see, I've already rescued her. >:3

Necro: A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.

Varderan: Violence makes the world go around.

Along with pretzels and assorted hair products.

Kagha (about something I told him from LST): ... DEATH?

Amph's gonna die?

*runs into basement, pulls out hammer, and runs after Inferna*

Kagha in KG: Anyway, curse you all and your stupid fast-moving RPG. ><

(My personal statement) "Interjection: Silence, meatbags!" - HK-47

Mangai (in my profile): @ Personal statement: Oh, yeah! HK RULEZ

Too bad I never played KotOR, or its sequel XP

Me (in his profile): Actually, that quote came from a MMO trailer that follows KOTOR II. =P

Mangai (in my profile): CARKITALL

Oh, well, now I have proof that I am unawesome for Zar. Thanks! :P

More Quotes

Alex (in KG): YAY-*Choughhackwheeze*

Necro: Wait.

If guitars are universes, and I play with and own multiple guitars, does that make me a God?

Alex (in Starscape): an era when Natsirt claimed to be guns

King of Shadows (in Starscape): BEST ERA OF ANYONE'S HISTORY ANYWHERE

Peach 00 (in PM): Always loved the Song of Double Time on Majora's Mask. Watch, we'll figure out somebody on the planet has an ocarina and is the source of why the year is going by so fast. :P

Myself (in an AIMRPG; as Toa of Psionics Kalima): "Who's he?"

Akaku (in the AIMPRG; as Toa of Undeath Akuji): "He ... He is part of everything ... He is the age in a being, the disease in a society, the bullet in a gun... He is what gives this world balance. He is the one who looks after the fallen, and either sends them to the pit or the realm of the great beings ... He is among all of us, even now, especially in my kingdom ... especially in me."

Why Inferna Shouldn't Play Rpgs

Rockhound (in the BZProvince Discussion Topic, fighting Xom and Kagha over my character): We really should get all three of us together and brawl it out. Winner-date-'Ferna. :P

Kagha (in KG): Lol, Xom, Inferna can only have so many romantically involved characters. XD

Rockhound (in KG): Says who, Kagha? :P

Xomeron (in KG): If by "So Many" you mean Infinity. In BZProvince, she had four people chasing after her character at once! My character included.

HN (in KG): OOC: Inferna, I am not going to IC six guards all fighting two people. xD
And Inferna, wouldn't that mean that you're fighting Mark? o_o; Do you want me to take Mark.
-i didnt give Inferna an idea I DIDNT I DIDNT-
-in denial-

Me (in KG): OOC: Thanks for the ideaaaa.[/singsongvoice] :evilgrin:

Me (in KG): OOC: Hint to HN: Don’t give ideas to the evil genius co-Moderator. :P

Akaku (on AIM): (If people are flirting with you in RPG's again, I will note I now fully reserve the right to yell at them XP)

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users