Short Stories Autumn Olympics Event 2 Info
Current Event - Scavenger Hunt
This is a little different in that you won't be following a path, but looking through the library forums for whatever I request each day. For example, I may ask you to link me to a story where someone uses the Kanohi Vahi.
How it Works
1a. Each new request will be posted in the post below this one, at roughly 3 am EST, from the 13th until the 19th. If the server is acting up, I apologize, the clue may be late.
1b. The first request will last two days, so everyone can get on the bandwagon.
2. You will have until 11:59 pm EST that day to find and link to a story that meets my request. This excludes the first request, where you have from Oct 13th to 11:59 pm EST on Oct 14th to answer my request.
3. Whoever fulfills all the requests correctly will be entered in a random drawing for the prize.
This may sound a little funny to you, but since everyone is on different timezones, this is the fairest way I can think of. This is how ModCloth and other sites run their Twitter contests, and it works rather nicely.
How to Enter
Post a reply in the topic containing this info:
- Your name
- Link to the story topic
- Why the story fits my request
- One entry each day per member.
- No exceptions if you can't do it that day. Don't worry if you can't or don't win, just have some fun. ^^
Q: Do I have to enter all three events?
A: No, you can enter just one, two, or all three. It will have no effect on your standings.
Q: Why haven't you announced prizes for anything?
A: I'm sorry. I have to sit-down with B6 and discuss what we'll be offering. But there will be prizes for the winning round robin team, scavenger hunt winner, and traditional contest winner!
Q: When will the first event results be posted?
A: As soon as all the judges give me their decisions. There can never be exact dates on this sort of thing.
Still being decided. DO NOT PM ME WITH PRIZE IDEAS. WE ARE CHOOSING FROM A LIST OF ALREADY-FORMED IDEAS.
13th & 14th: A princess
15th: A character missing a limb
16th: Ancestrial Weapon trope (a character who inherited a weapon from a relation)
17th: All of the Other Reindeer trope (basically a character who is teased and ridiculed constantly)
18th: A llama in Comedies
19th: Abhorrent Admirer trope (character is infatuated with another character who dislikes them)