• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Goodlands? Not So Much . . .

Posted by Ballom , Jun 13 2008 · 53 views

Duelmasters
Yes, I know, it is a Friday. But I am going on vacation tomorrow, and will be on the airplane for most of the day, so I won't have time to do one. Plus, I don't know if I'll be on the computer in Madison, Wisconsin, although I'll try.

Still, once again I have prepared a Duelmaster Card of the Week. And, as DCotW, I present to you:

Badlands Lizard!

Badlands Lizard is good on several accounts. While he may seem weak initially, his power attacker +3000 gives him a good 6000 strength to destroy small blockers on his attack. He only costs 5 mana, which is pretty good for a rare creature. What truly makes Badlands Lizard shine as an attacker, however, was a rather awesome ability that unfortunately is religated to only a few creatures from his set, Stompatrons. When he is stopped by an opponents Blocker, no battle happens. Be it a measly La Ura Giga or the mighty Ladia Bale, no Blocker can destroy him by stopping his attack. While this may prevent him from destroying weak blockers, it at least prevents him from being destroyed instead. And of course, once your turn comes along he becomes untapped.

It's hard to tell exactly how Badlands Lizard will fit into the perfect Fire deck, but he does work well in a deck with Fire and a civilization that blocks. I have tried all three, and to me Light works the best. So basically, set the big Dune Gecko up on the fifth turn, and make sure that you have some blockers to defend him. On the next turn, you can try to disable the enemy blockers so that Badlands Lizard can take advantage of his power attacker to break a shield, but if that doesn't work, he can attack an enemy blocker to tap it, regardless of its strength. After that, you can just keep trying. While Badlands Lizard may not turn the tide of a battle, his ability to tap blockers without being destroyed can come in real handy later on.

Ballom's Rating: 4/5. With such a good ability, fair power, and somewhat low Mana cost, the only thing keeping Badlands Lizard down is his lack of something like Speed Attacker or Double Breaker.

And on an off-topic note, I've updated my directory with a snazzy image of Mount Coronet.

~B~

Good review, I guess. Knowing that I have no knowledge of Duelmasters, I can't say how I feel about the card. HYave fun on your trip!

LC®
Thanks. I'm going to see the rest of my family in Wisconsin, which is great. I haven't seen my cousins in ages.

Oh, and this is my blog's 500th comment! Yay! _icon_joy_.gif

~B~
Good review, like most cards from the newer sets I'm unfamiler with it, but your review makes sense judging by his abilities and power. smile.gif You're going away? Did you recive the cards yet?
Yes, I have gone away. In fact, I'm writing this reply in Madison!

~B~

Ballom

Posted ImageBallom
Posted Image
Posted Image
Disk of the Forgers Found
Posted Image
Group: Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
Member Spotlight: 4/19/09, 7/10/09
Member No.: 42057
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Proto History

Posted Image
13 June 2006 | Random Admin | Account approved

Posted Image
18 January 2007 | Dimensioneer | Premier Membership

Posted Image
3 May 2008 | Dimensioneer | Premier Membership renewed

Posted Image
8 February 2010 | SPIRIT | Helping out in the Sets forum

If I May Quote Myself

In blog entry "An Analogy -- Life is like a Rubik's Cube: sometimes you need to screw everything up to get it all right."
Or everyone. Posted Image

In response to Seran's WIP image of his Boxor MOC
Although this may be a completely wild guess, I do believe that is a picture.

In blog entry "Dlakii"
Oh my. I didn't know that they made metal sporks.

In "Is there ever a time when you can't post?"
No, since I can always to to GD and post a couple hundred times. XD

In response to "I've forgotten how to blog"
Click "Add entry". Then enter a moronic title. Then click on the text section, mash your keyboard with your fists for as long as you wish, and post it. Congratulations, you now can blog better than the majority of BZP.

In response to "How often do you accidentally post in the wrong topic?
Never. I have these magical devices called eyes and this thing called a brain which prevent that. They're quite handy.

In "The weakest element"
Xenon, or perhaps Radon and Argon. Really, a Toa of Noble Gas can't control much at all, due to how few things they bond with. Xenon hexafluoride is all that immediately comes to mind, in fact.

In "Hardest thing to MOC"
Fluffy pink tutus. Mainly because of the slight handicap of pink Bionicle pieces not existing.

In "Talking to staff members"
Talking to staff members? Well, I'm generally okay with it as long as I have my pepper spray nearby.

Posted Image

In "Mask powers"
Hurr durr.

In "What did you do during the downtime"
I sat in a shadowy corner in a fetal position for five days, rocking back and forth in a crazed manner.

In "How do you imagine yourself on BZP?"
I am a Nidoking, obviously. How these stubby little claws are capable of typing on a keyboard I'll never know. :P

In blog entry "Bascula"
Hooray, I'm a geek.

People I've Met

Members who I've met in person directly. If you've met me and your name isn't on here, PM me about it and I'll add you.

Aanchir
Aderia
Architect
Bionicle Raptor
Black Six

Brickeens
ChocolateFrogs
Chols
Daiker
DeeVee
Disky
Friar Tuck