Prototype Pictures

I'll start off with pictures of the Trans-Blue Rurus.

img_20130614_193747.jpg

And for comparison,

img_20130614_193822.jpg

Note the Z-07 code on the front of the prototype, which is the one on the left.

On the interior of the mask, the stud that connects it to the head is of larger diameter on the prototype. This is a feature of all prototype Kanohi from 2001.

img_20130614_193916.jpg

Again, it is on the left.

And here's all four of them. :D

img_20130614_193952.jpg

They're also much smoother than the final version, and it seems like the plastic is slightly more translucent. Although my normal TB Rurus are a bit dusty. :D

Bliss.png

I bought them off of eBay. :D I got really lucky, I suppose, because this is the first time I've seen prototypes for sale on eBay.

Here's a side by side comparison of prototype Lewa vs normal Lewa. The prototype is not completely composed of prototype pieces, but the mask, ax, chest piece and left arm are prototype pieces.

img_20130614_194449.jpg

Prototype Ax is on top. Personally, I like it better than the final version.

img_20130614_194655.jpg

And here's the prototype Miru next to the final version.

img_20130614_194921.jpg

It's code (3-LT), is located on the chin of the mask.

The interior of both masks.

img_20130614_194940.jpg

Of course, the difference here is the stud that connects the mask to the face.

Ok, here is Kopaka. His mask, sword, and feet are prototype parts.

img_20130614_195303.jpg

There are little tabs on the bottom of the feet of the prototype.

img_20130614_195444.jpg

Prototype is on right. Also, where the circles are present in the final version, there are slight depressions.

Here is a comparison of the prototype Akaku to the final version, with the prototype on the right.

img_20130614_195546.jpg

Unlike some of the other Toa Mata masks, the prototype Akaku had no code on the front. The differences are the tab that sticks out of one of the openings in the forehead, and the ridges in the eyepiece. Also, the construction and material of the mask gives it an unfinished look, almost like it was roughly sculpted. This is true of all prototype masks. It is especially present on the Akaku and Kakama however.

Edited by MX5Miata
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Thanks for sharing! It is great to be able to see some prototype parts in closer detail.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but anyone seen a Sand Tarakava? I chased one around this site not too long ago... it got away.

Kind of the wrong place, but no worries! Are you looking for the actual prototype set? That might be but a dream, unfortunately. On the other hand, another member was asking for pictures in this topic if that is what you are looking for. Seems you found the topic already, though.

For reference, too, so that you don't run into this problem again: topic revival occurs when you post in a topic over twenty or thirty days old, depending on the forum. This topic should help to clarify. Here in Bionicle Sets, for instance, the revival limit is thirty days, so please check the date of the last post before replying to a topic! Another way to check is to see if the topic is visible on the first pages of a forum, since each forum is set not to display topics past the revival limit. If you have questions, please contact me.

My Brickshelf folder containing the pictures of most of my prototypes is now public! You can see the majority of the prototypes I own there. I didn't take pictures of the duplicates or some of the McToran and Turaga, however. If you want, I will post the rest of the Turaga and McToran.

Here is the link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=529324

Bliss.png