Can Skakdi Work in Triplet?

That's a great question. I could see a case either way. BS01 just says:

All Skakdi also have Elemental Powers, but can only be accessed by combining them with that of another Skakdi.

So the question is whether "only" is literally correct or if it just means two or more. Off the top of my head I don't recall this ever having been asked before.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I would say that they could. It's still teamwork isn't it, and the more the merrier.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could theorise each Skakdi having a giving part of their power and a taking part, which could be directed at another Skakdi to form the connection that allws elemental powers, like puzzle pieces fitting together to give a whole. They could only access their powers if both their giving and taking functions were joined to another's.

In a group of three, Skakdi 1 would give to Skakdi 2 and take from 3. Skakdi 2 would take from 1 and give to 3. Skakdi 3 would give to 1 and take from 2. That way, each of them would both enable and be enabled, so all three could use their powers even in a pair-based system.

ppg2.png

I would agree with Lorax in that they can. I remember Hakann and Avak combining their powers to make a lava monster, and my guess is that more than two powers can be intertwined to create a bigger and more destructive force against foes. For example, an air, lightning, and water Skakdi could unite to make a storm or something. I'm not at all sure, but that's just how I like to look at it.

I think this would be possible, but rare/difficult due to the chaotic, unfocused, and selfish nature of Skakdi making unity difficult for them.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Yeah, I agree there would have to be some upper limit, probably not based on an arbitrary number but just on whatever becomes too difficult for them to cooperate on. Maybe more talented, experienced, and/or "friendly" (is there such a thing with Skakdi lol?) ones would be able to include higher numbers.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think this would be possible, but rare/difficult due to the chaotic, unfocused, and selfish nature of Skakdi making unity difficult for them.

Righto, good point. I'm actually surprised Avak and Hakann were able to pull that off due to their even more unstable than usual personalities. :P

Well, they were friends

Friends? No, more like very uneasy allies. They needed each other in order to get the mask, but underneath that most of the Piraka hated each other, and planned betrayal at the first possible moment.

Hakann even betrayed the rest before the mask was in sight, taking Brutaka's power and crushing the others. I think this quote about Hakann sums it up nicely:

Some of his former colleagues said you could not turn your back on him. The truth is, he would happily look you right in the eyes while stabbing you in the back

The Piraka were teamates, but certainly not friends.

ppg2.png

Meanwhile, while Kopekemaster gets the conversation back on topic...

For some reason, I actually thought that they could only use their powers in triplets. Strange.

But after reading this I remembered that it was in pairs.

I think they definitely could, if they actually wanted to. More likely, they would just get another Skakdi and have it as two pairs of two.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Righto, good point. I'm actually surprised Avak and Hakann were able to pull that off due to their even more unstable than usual personalities. :P
Well, they were friends
Yeah, true. Well at least for the time being, otherwise it probably wouldn't have happened at all. :P Edited by Toa Varen