USS Vengeance (Kinda)

So, back in May, I went and saw Star Trek Into Darkness. And I really enjoyed it. So much, in fact, that I spent a solid 8 hour MOCing session constructing this beauty, based on the USS Vengeance and roughly to scale with the Hot Wheels Enterprise. (Ignore the hand, plox!)

From the top:

20130803_201507.jpg

And the front:

20130803_201454.jpg

This is possibly my favorite feature: The rectangular deflector array. That alone took two hours to figure out and execute. I'm so happy with the result.

Complete with detachable saucer section! (This was never shown in the movie, but granted, my saucer section is radically different, too)

20130803_201514.jpg

And a view next to the Hot Wheels Enterprise!

20130803_201802.jpg

Here's the gallery once it's made public! (Any pictures I didn't embed are gonna be sideways, I took them with my phone and edited these especially for embeding them. I'll be taking additional pictures as soon as the thread's posted!)

Don't be too harsh, and thanks for reading! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow this is exactly what I expected but somehow it isn't... I dunno, I like it. It's simple but it gets the point accross fairly well and evokes the spirit of the ship, at least. Though you are missing the gap-ring in the saucer :PStill, pretty cool. i also want that hot wheels model

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Yeah, at that scale, it was impossible to put the hole I'm the center. Notice the bottom of the saucer section? It's one piece. So that's why I said it was kinda the Vengeance :P This was all built from memory, which is why the pylons are wrong, too, but I like these ones more. I'm still absolutely loving the deflector array, I can't believe I got it to work. And check out Amazon! :)

Yeah the deflector is what really gives it life, great work there. And yeah i figured the hole would probably not be too practical lol, it's pretty small. And I would get one from amazon with my gift cards but they changed their international shipping rates, so I'm screwed :P

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.