Titans and Monsters Entry - The Order's call

Stroxx

So, it really has been quite some while since I really posted here anything and I have to make a few amends too (me being the lazy Maha I am). I also want to apologise for never making for that calendar project I promised to contribute to. I have the actual half-done pic on my hard-drive for it and I promise to make it into at least a nice wallpaper of it's own.

But in the mean time, I hope you'll like the noms on my entry untill come around with some new stuff. The masohistic last-minute gal I'm, I just couldn't bear the sight that there are so few entries for this contest and I still had a few days until the deadline. So there I go dropping whatever comic I was working on and jumped at the opportunity of pulling out something nice as quick as possible with a nasty monster in it. And Helryx. And Johmak. And Tobduk. And Jebraz. He is there too somewhere. At least I think so...

NOTE 2013-08-15: Only adjusted levels on the entry to make it a bit more brighter and visible, nothing else.

8a0f86c56230dfe83ee14366a77362af-d6het14

As always, comments and crits are welcome. Hope you guys enjoy the pic. =)

Edited by Stroxx
  • Upvote 1

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Another amazing entry that got shoved to the bottom of the digital file. Such a shame, because I can tell you really worked hard on it. The first thing that really catches my attention is that sunset. It looks amazing and the lighting effects are wonderful! All your effort to make that look great really paid off, from the shadows to even the reflection in the windows. I am just awestruck.Your character design is also just great. The monster was well-thought out and looks very threatening, but so do the Order members and those great water effects conjured by Helryx. I really like your style and the poses look very dynamic, which is quite hard to do sometimes. Even on the little details here, you still used that great shading to your advantage and I love it a lot.In trying to give some constructive criticism, all I can come up with is just cleaning up some of the pencil lines. Some of them are a little inconsistent, like the gas emanating from the monster's maw, and then there's some dark shading that makes it difficult to see certain areas like all of Helryx's body (which is a shame, since the others are designed so well) and much of the monster. So many lines and a lot of dark shading combined to make them look nearly black.Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Another amazing entry that got shoved to the bottom of the digital file. Such a shame, because I can tell you really worked hard on it. The first thing that really catches my attention is that sunset. It looks amazing and the lighting effects are wonderful! All your effort to make that look great really paid off, from the shadows to even the reflection in the windows. I am just awestruck.Your character design is also just great. The monster was well-thought out and looks very threatening, but so do the Order members and those great water effects conjured by Helryx. I really like your style and the poses look very dynamic, which is quite hard to do sometimes. Even on the little details here, you still used that great shading to your advantage and I love it a lot.In trying to give some constructive criticism, all I can come up with is just cleaning up some of the pencil lines. Some of them are a little inconsistent, like the gas emanating from the monster's maw, and then there's some dark shading that makes it difficult to see certain areas like all of Helryx's body (which is a shame, since the others are designed so well) and much of the monster. So many lines and a lot of dark shading combined to make them look nearly black.Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks! I really love getting these kind of comments. :D Always gives me a good chance to wind up writing all those loooong posts. I'm really happy you like the designs. Monsters are always a hard nut since it's pretty easy to stereotype them in into looks-like-a-dragon especially with lizard-like ones. And I'm a real big fan of details. Funny thing is that I even came up with the background story of the fleeing civilians too. Okay, maybe I'm not sure about that two Ko-Matoran in the lower right corner, but basically I could tell you what most of them have been doing there before the monster interrupted. XD

Darker values always seem to be a problem with me, especially since I can only work with my laptop and my desktop still needs to be slapped back into shape. I always try to double check to see if my drawings get too dark by dipping backwards the monitor, though sometimes I slip up. Like now. It should be more visible now all in all. Adjusted the levels a bit. And I think I also see wich lines you're talking about. Odd. I remember erasing some of the lines there where the steam comes up from the poison puddle.

I definitely am planning to put here a bit more too. I've had posted two other topics too a few years back (should put them under banner as dead topics maybe, hmm), Makuta Sethuldur (very old) and a Helryx fanart of course. I think I'll just collect these pics in a big new topic after I post up something else too. XD

Though my most current one if you're interested is Diaries of Destral over at the Comic forum.

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

That looks so much better now that you can see some of the best parts!

I didn't realize you did Helryx's Fury and Sethuldur, although I did check out Diaries of Destral. Very nice work there. It's funny because I was just admiring the awesomeness of Helryx's Fury just a few days ago while I was searching through old topics. I also remember being very impressed by your Makuta Sethuldur image and I hope you do more like that.