Excelsior-class Starship in LDD

Xinlo

Hey, first topic in a long time. I made these Star Trek ships a few weeks ago and figured I'd post 'em here, see if anyone likes them. They're the USS Excelsior and USS Enterprise [1701-B] from III: The Search For Spock/VI: The Undiscovered Country and VII: Generations, as well as being pretty much the workhorse ship for the federation all through The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine.Reference Image 1Reference Image 2Reference Image 3 (warning: HUGE)so now that you've seen the ship(s) here's my take in lego:TopSideAction (also large)So yeah. What do you think, BZP?

Edited by The Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

From the reference pic, the ship appears to look a lot smoother than your version; it has very little sharp edges, something you were unable to accomplish in your version and I get it. Maybe your point was to keep it at a smaller piece count, or maybe you just wanted to capture the general look without that much attention to details. But for some reason I think I would have liked it better if it were thought out slightly more.

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I must say, it looks pretty great, especially for such a small size. :)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

@Mohamed: What sharp edges are you talking about? I wasn't able to get some of the very slight curves because lego doesn't curve that small on this scale, but otherwise it looks fine to me... I mean it has the natural roughness of lego but that obviously can't be helped. If you could be more specific,it would be very helpful. And I chose this scale because it's 1:1400, the same scale as the models I have which I used for size references. Works out to roughly a foot and a half long which is a nice size IMO - I had originally intended to order this before I discovered lego no longer offers that. Thanks for your comment all the same, though! :)@Valenti: Thanks! It's much better than my first attempt years ago, and there are some bits I'm a bit unhappy with, but as I said I planned to actually buy it so I wanted it to be a nice size. Glad you like it.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.