TITANS AND MONSTERS! Final Poll

TITANS AND MONSTERS! Final Poll  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TITANS AND MONSTERS! Final Poll Titans and Monsters: Attack on BZ Koro! Contest The winning entries from the semifinals will now compete for the grand prize!

If your entry is listed below, please PM me your full name and address to claim your prize from the semifinals! Final Voting begins August 22nd and ends August 23rd at 11:59 pm EDT. Results will be posted on August 25th in a new topic in General Discussion. (most likely in the evening) ===============================

1. Vermillion Tempest

2. The Days They Were Needed and the Years They Were Not

3. Fatal Wound

4. Charge!

5. Mech Vs. Monster

6. Attak on Bionicles

7. Bionicle: Defeat the Titans

PLEASE BE WARNED that anyone who attempts to rekindle the argument regarding the comics voting, whether directly or passive-aggressively, will have their proto dropped and posting privileges suspended for a week. Please note that this includes individuals who may feel the need to post their "two cents" on the controversy and how "dumb" they think it is/was. Just don't talk about it. Period; we're done. Thank you.

All of these entries are very good and the denizens of each of those forums should be proud to be represented by them. Excellent work, all - and special props to Becca and her subordinates for pulling together something really fantastic from this leaky old forum. Everyone involved should be proud.

I voted for #6, as it is undoubtedly the funniest thing I've read on this site in many, many years. Entries 2 and 3 were close runners-up in my mind - and, as I said, all of these are fantastic. Any entry here is deserving of a win.

bring back "an cool dude"

1. Vermillion Tempest

I think this was the best MOC in show. The design, however, feels a little lacking. Plain. And unlike the inspiration for the name, does not have a third arm. Solid effort, but it doesn't really strike me with enough "wow" for the contest theme.

2. The Days They Were Needed and the Years They Were Not

The story was a great read. Love the old-school feel of the characters. Yet, there were a few times where sentence structure was awkward and brought me out of the story. And again, I did not truly feel a sense of awe with the battle.

3. Fatal Wound

One of my favourite entries in the entire contest. I got a sense of scale that I feel was fairly well demonstrated. Well done.

4. Charge!

I never got around to posting it, but this was my choice for the Music portion of the contest. It actually feels like a soundtrack. I feel like the piano strikes near the 2:30 mark would have been better as church bells, which would have lead well into the chorus, but that's just my opinion. Very impressed.

5. Mech Vs. Monster

Cute sprite comic. Fairly decent story with little reliance on the standard meme format. Hard to read at times though. I never understand why sprite comics just don't jump to using a text-box format. It's a style choice inherent with the medium, and with good reason.

6. Attak on Bionicles

Forever one of my favorite comics. Glad to see it made it here.

7. Bionicle: Defeat the Titans

Had this have been a functioning game and not just a description, maybe a vote? When [someone who will remain unnamed] came up with the contest theme, he was dreaming of an RPG where people would actually take the entries they made in other categories, entered it in a sitewide text-based RPG to fight for ultimate dominance. The contest didn't wind up being that, and I'm kinda bitter about it. A good entry, but I can't really consider the category because of all the lost potential and I am just a grumpy meanypuss.

SO:

For me it came down to Fatal Wound, Charge and Attak on Bionicles. All three of these entries border on what I wanted to see from this contest. Ultimately, the one I voted for was #4, Charge.

Great music,

Great entries.

Great contest.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It was a very hard decision between Crimson Typh- er, Vermillion Tempest, The Days They Were Needed, Fatal Wound, Charge, and Attak on Bionicles, but I could only choose one, and my vote went to no. 6. Good job, all of you!

Edited by Corpsemobile

bionicle is trans culture

This is the only time I ever felt the need to null. I desperately wanted to vote for BAC even though I knew it wouldn't need the help, GSR's story is magnificent (as is all his writing), K's art is truly inspiring, and LL's music gave me chills. I couldn't make a firm choice in good conscience.Best of luck to everyone!

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Entry 1 does a great job of bringing to mind the traditional giant robot, in part because it shows restraint without underdoing it. It's a great balance of bulk, detail, and size, and I can easily imagine it tearing up some big ol' monsters on the silver screen.

(whoa who even thought entry 2 was a good idea anyway >:( )

Entry 3 is an amazing piece of art, combining a wonderful sense of scale with excellent design for both Tahu and his foe and some serious technical chops.

Entry 4 is, as they say, my jam. The different segments all flowed together nicely, and - though this is a bit of an odd comparison to make - I felt like I was playing one of the old epic RPGs from the Playstation era.

Entry 5 isn't totally my cup of tea, but it's got some nice sprite work in it, and Kopaka and Pohatu near the end got a hearty chuckle out of me.

Entry 6 is... well, practically a contest tradition at this point. Pulling off that much JPEG can't be easy (I'm actually really curious as to how it was done). Also I will never not get a kick out of GREGF CANON DECLARATIONS mixed with what appears to be the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Entry 7 is a good, realizable game concept, with a strong setting and perspective (a game about Monsters and Titans where you play as neither). My only concern is that the gameplay description sounds like it could get a touch formulaic, but I imagine all point-and-clicks sound that way when written down.

There were tons of awesome entries for this, and I've had a fantastic time both as a host and contestant. Well done, all. :)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I voted for 2 because it's a solid, well written story. I loved it.

1 had some issues with my computer and I was unable to open it. Sorry mate :(

3 is amazing. It was really hard not voting for it. Really hard. I love you Uncle_K

4 is almost very good, but it's lacking something. By no means is it a bad creation, but it is not as great as it could have been.

5 is nicely designed and has a solid plot, but I agree mak about it being difficult read.

6 is meh. I know what they were going for, but it was poorly done. I didn't find it extremely funny. It's usually a hit or miss sort of thing, but this was sadly not the former. Nice try though.

7 is a cool idea, but alas, that is what it is, simply an idea. If it was actually made, I would reconsider.

Edited by ReckoningReckoner

Majhost sucks

Since I couldn't get away with self-voting in this final poll, I voted for Entry 3. It's a brilliant piece of art that I think deserves more votes. I enjoyed all the entries, though.

4 is almost very good, but it's lacking something. By no means is it a bad creation, but it is not as great as it could have been.

Oh, hey, that's my opinion, too. XD Edited by Legolover-361