This is the topic for OOC discussion of Transformers: Regeneration. All profiles must be posted here for approval, and reference.
Somewhat self-explanatory, these are the species available for playing at the launch of the game.
- Cybertronians: The shape-changing robots from Cybertron, the Cybertronians have crashed on earth as a result of their millennia-long civil war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. As a Cybertronian character, the character has access to an approved alternate form and a robot chassis. The Cybertronian may also carry two approved weapon. To recognize that some Cybertronians have special abilities or multiple alternate modes, a player may have their character have a modification. However, a character with a modification requires two staff approval. If a player wishes to create a character with a Cybertronian alternate form, that player must message the staff, and gain approval from two of the staff member for that vehicle form.
- Humans: The inhabitants of the planet earth, humans are organic carbon-based lifeforms with no special abilities. They are, however, very small, and dominate this planet. Individually, they can not face a Cybertronian and defeat one in battle, but where they lack in individual power, they make up in numbers, and an army of humans could easily take down a single Cybertronian. As a Human character, the character has somehow gotten themselves involved in the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, and is now trying to live through the secret war raging across their planet. Sometimes the Cybertronians they become involved with might offer them protection, or enlist them to aid in human relations. There are also places humans can go where Cybertronians simply can't. Human's small size, and the fact that they dominate a good majority of the planet, allows a human to go practically everywhere that is important.
The following is the list of approved Weapons for use in game. Since the world of transformers is large, and not all generic weapons are named, this list is used to help for the purpose of character creation. If you would like to add a weapon to this list, you may write a new weapon with your character’s profile.
List of Approved Weaponry:
- Neutron Assault Rifle: The Neutron Assault Rifle distorts the equilibrium of its target by blasting it with sonic booms. Once disoriented, the attacker can close in with a melee attack.
- Riot Cannon: Essentially a modified fusion cannon, it fires off high-speed rockets than can really put a crimp in someone's day. With the right upgrades, the last rocket in every clip packs an extra surprise, containing 5 times the explosive power of ordinary rounds.
- Scatter Blaster: A popular short-range weapon during the Great War, the scatter blaster fires a wide spray of explosive buckshot. Surprisingly it is full auto.
- Nucleon Charge Rifle: The Nucleon Charge Rifle is a great weapon for sniping. Equipped with a 10x scope and near unlimited range, a skilled wielder can take out a squad from afar before they even know what's happening.
- The Path Blaster:The Path Blaster is a semi-automatic weapon that fires dense packets of molten metal with a good deal of accuracy.
- Photon Burst Rifle: The Scientist's version of the sniper rifle is named the Photon Burst Rifle. It has a more effective zoom than the Battle Pistol and delivers three photons per round.
- Subsonic Repeater: The Subsonic Repeater is a close-range SMG that grants great footspeed when equipped. It has a very high rate of fire, and thus remains the fastest firing weapon on Cybertron.
- Thermo Rocket Cannon: The Thermo Rocket Cannon is the improved version of the thermo rocket launchers used earlier in the war. Now firing three missiles at a time, it can not only lock on to opponents in alternate mode like its predecessor, but also when they're in robot mode. Be prepared for it to make a big mess whenever it's fired.
- X18 Scrapmaker: The X18 Scrapmaker is an even more ferocious weapon than the X12 Scrapmaker it superseded. Reducing the spin-up time dramatically, the X18 can make grated gears of the opposition in no time flat, which is also how fast it will chew through ammo.
- Corrosive Slime Cannon: It's a double-barreled corrosive slime-shooter, which... well, shoots corrosive slime.
- E.D.K. TechVolt: It projects an electro-diffraction beam that can carve an enemy to pieces in a blaze of lightning. On some settings, it can also be used to recharge or otherwise repower machinery and even other Transformers.
- The Energon Harvester: A shotgun-like weapon that siphons energon from targets and utilizes that energon to repair its user. It fires a quick burst of moderately powerful rounds, best at close range, but the accuracy is pretty good for a shotgun.
- The Gear shredder: The Gear Shredder is one of the technologically simpler weapons used on Cybertron. It fires out razor-sharp spinning blades that bounce off walls and will cut right through an enemy. It can be also charged up to fire three blades at once, letting you slice and dice the foe when they come at you in groups.
- Plasma Cannon: It released bolts that could be charged to higher intensity levels. The Plasma Cannon was most effective against big, slow-moving targets, like hovering Soldiers.
The following is a list of approved Modifications. Legendary Cybertronians such as Mirage, Hound, The Triple Changers, Soundwave, and more have been known to have special attributes to them. Any player who wishes to equip their character with Modifications, must have a staff approval. Players who wish to create a new Modification must check with the staff first before creating a character with them.
List of Approved Cybertronian Modifications:
- Triple Changer: In their quest for ever-greater machines of war, the Decepticons developed warriors with two distinct alternate forms. These Triple Changers can travel by land and air with equal ease, and in the heat of battle they can rapidly change form to confuse and outflank the enemy. To counter this threat, the Autobots also developed their own group of Triple Changers. A player who is making a character with the Triple Changer Modification may have their Cybertronian possess two alternate modes instead of one. However, to accommodate the extra alternate mode, Triple Changers have less armor to make room for necessary parts to transform between the alternate modes. This lack of armor makes them easier to damage with weapons, to the point where a group of humans with heavy weaponry could take a Triple Changer down if they weren't careful.
- Cloaking: Some Autobots and Decepticons, to further their stealth abilities, have installed or subjected themselves to experiments involving Cloaking technology. Those who survive this instillations and experiments have the ability to turn themselves invisible to the common optic sensor. However, a well-alert being has the ability to detect a Cybertronian using cloaking technology. They also appear on radar, infrared, and thermal sensors. Characters also cannot fire their weapons while Cloaking, and must De-Cloak to do so.
The multiple factions that have been formed in-game.
- Autobot: The Autobots are one of the primary factions in the Transformers mythos. They usually find themselves defending both their own race and other species against the Decepticons and upholding justice and freedom throughout the galaxy.
- Decepticon: The Decepticons are one of the primary factions in the Transformers mythos. They are typically concerned with such things as conquering Cybertron, defeating the Autobots, amassing large quantities of energon, developing powerful weaponry, and beating people up. Not necessarily in that order.
- Governments of Earth: The Varous governing bodies of Earth. Differences in culture, religion, or state of mind have resulted in humans creating separate nations for themselves. They are unified through the United Nations, a group formed after World War II to help with foreign relations, as well as regulate Energon trade.
Name: (Character name)
Species: (Cybertronian or Homo Sapien. For now.)
Gender: (Robots are people too. It's just that they don't reproduce. However, human genders are much more distinct than Cybertronian genders.)
Faction: (Autobots, Decepticons, etc.)
Appearance: (A detailed description or image of how your character looks.)
Alternate Mode: (Cybertronians can shapeshift into an alternate form that can be used for transportation, combat, or other functions.)
Weapons: (Keep it realistic and not overpowered; no character is going to wield the Star Saber.)
Personality: (How your character thinks, feels, and acts)
Skills/Special Abilities: (Realism please, no single character can be good at everything.)
Weakness: (Nobody's invincible)
Bio: (Where is your character from? How did they get here? Any notable events in their life?)
Approved Characters List:
Edited by Varren Rehn, Aug 22 2013 - 05:54 PM.