Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Huh? I've never been better!" Kristen declared, leaping up at placing her hands on Krystal's shoulders, looking into her eyes with the dullness that being drunk brought, "After loosing my arm, changing to a girl, and getting beaten up for almost year, I've felt the best I've had in a long time!"

"And ya'know, if you ever need someone to keep you warm at night, I'm your kinda gal!" She exclaimed, winking and giving both Krystal and Sam a nudge with her elbow, all the while looking as if she might keel over any second.

"I might be stating the obvious, but I think she's drunk," Sam said after Kristen's spiel, frowning at the amount of visible alcohol in the room, "We should get her somewhere where she wouldn't pose a threat to anyone."

IC TokiomiThe door of the room Rashad was sitting in opened, with a tired looking Tokiomi walking in. "Ohayō gozaimasu," he murmured. The fact that he was speaking Japanese to a non-speaker and using the greeting that meant "Good Morning" showed that he was pretty tired; he did have to drive all the way from Washington DC to Denver, after all. "O genki desu ka? <how are you?>" Tokiomi rubbed his eyes and made a beeline for the coffee machine.

IC: Krystal

"Okay then..." Krystal sighed, and then scooped up Kristen in her arms. "Let's find you somewhere to lay down...where's your room?" Krystal doubted Kristen was sober enough to answer properly but it was worth a shot.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Let me," Sam said, casting what she knew would be her last powerful spell for the day. A look into Kristen's mind. Outside of the slight horror of seeing everything Kristen had been through in her life, especially the part about being stuck in her current body, Sam staggered back, resisting the urge to vomit again.

"I know where it is... Lead the way and I'll tell you," Sam said, looking quite pale.

IC Tokiomi"... Pleasure to meet you," Tokiomi replied, the scent of coffee already making him more coherent. "Agent Quattuor at your service, though you can call me 'Four' in whatever language you want."Breaking off from the handshake, he walked over to the coffee machine and poured himself a cup. "So," Tokiomi spoke, sipping his coffee, "You suspect that there is a HYDRA base in close proximity of our current location?"

Krystal nodded, noting the pale look on Sam's face, but shrugging it off as just excessive magic use. She exited the room as she carried the drunken Kristen down the hallway.

Edited by A billion cats

IC Tokiomi"I'm not aware of anybody who responded to your call other than myself. Did you receive any additional replies?" Tpokiomi continued to drink his coffee."Hmm... I specialize in memory manipulation and the bypassing of psychic shields. Those abilities could come in handy if we need to interrogate somebody; if we were in a pinch, I could also make someone forget how to use their weapon."

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: "I don't believe so. And interesting. I can control the energy produced by my voice- it's complicated, but I'm sure you get the idea. Well, let's take a look at the briefing."He turned on a screen on the wall, which loaded up maps and charts of the location."This is where we think the outpost is," he said, indicating a point on the map."This is a simple reconnaissance mission. We're to make our way in and assess the situation, find out if it's a rogue HYDRA call or not. I'm thinking we take the snowmobiles in- special model, nearly completely silent. Any suggestions, Four?"

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Where is Brianne, Toast?

IC: Feral

John hit the button and waited as the roof retracted. "This will make carrying the pizza easier. Good driving Jules." John then hopped out of the car and began piling as much pizza into his arms as he could.

"Now we just have to sneak this up to the third floor somehow."

IC: Conrad

"Excellent idea," the German nodded. "Which vehicle shall we take? Seems we have multiple now at our disposal. Though it would be unwise to leave our unmarked vehicles here as evidence of our presence."

"Not that I can see, but I wasn't really looking for anything obvious." Conrad said as he turned towards Bootleg. "How nice of you to show up Bootstrap. No wait that's the guy in Pirates of the Caribbean, I mean Bootleg."

IC: Scorcher

"What, you don't think I was serious do you?" he said with a smirk.

IC:

After navigating to Kristen's room, and placing her in bed, the girl had seemingly fallen asleep, or unconscious. Sam wasn't sure which.

"Now that that's done, let's find the headmaster," She said stepping out of the room. When Krystal joined her, she frowned as she turned towards Krystal, "So... You know her?"

OOC: Okay I can work with that I suppose.

IC: Triblade

Matt ran down the hallway of the school. He hadn't been able to find Aleks anywhere after he'd left him alone in the locker-room. Matt had checked all of his usual spots. He began opening random doors in the hallway as he ran past.

"Aleks?"

Finally he got to one door and threw it open, unaware that it was Brianne's room. "Aleks you in there man?"

IC Tokiomi"The snowmobiles would leave tracks in the snow, so if we got spotted, they would be able to follow the trail; if we were to use them, we would have to start from a different location than here." Having finished his coffee, Tokiomi mused on the plan. "Other than that, it should be fairly simple-on the surface, at least. Other than the snowmobiles, any special gear we need to take?"

OOC: In her room still, I think.

3. OOC only posts are forbidden. That’s what the discussion topic is for.

OOC: Respect the rules please.

IC: Ashley

Ashley had already placed the two plants she was carrying by some window sills in the hallway between the greenhouse and the party room. Yet the the mansion was so massive, Ashley wondered if she even had enough plants.

She giggled, that was silly, of course she did! All she had to do was create more! Instead of heading back to the greenhouse, she began willing the same flowers to grow out of the many plants and trees that already decorated the mansion. It would save time at any rate.

"Yeah, a little bit." Krystal admitted. "I lived here for well over a year, before I joined SHIELD."

Edited by A billion cats

"I believe it's this way." Krystal beckoned for Sam to follow as she lead them down the hallway. Normally Krystal would be concerned with trying convince whoever they were to speak to that they had magically teleported to the school at random. But this being a mutant school, full of children with near impossible abilities, she reckoned it would be fairly easy to explain the situation.

It was long before they came to the headmaster's office, which had Warren Worthington nicely printed on the door in gold letters. Krystal gave the door several knocks.

Edited by A billion cats

OOC: Well it's not like I could really IC, and he asked me a question. Sorry.IC: "Basic cold weather gear- I'd suggest only sidearms. Silenced. Scanning systems and a data uplink if we can access any sort computer. That should do it. Good point on the snowmobiles- we'll use the helicopter to fly them a few miles east of here. We'll leave tonight, 1100 hours. I'd suggest getting some rest before."

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC Tokiomi"Very well. I shall prepare." Leaving the room, Tokiomi went to his car and brought a suitcase from the trunk into he safe house. Opening it up, he retried a Heckler & Koch MP7, a Minebea 9mm machine pistol, and a Heckler & Koch USP, with suppressors for all of them; additionally, he took out a FT-100 Hattori Fighter knife. "Thisnforeign equipmentnshoildnprobably throw tem off in case we run into anybody." Laying the weapons on a table, he went into a closet looking for winter camouflage.

IC: Reptilian

"We'll take separate vehicles," Reptilian said. "I'll ride with Bootleg."

He turned to the soldiers he had brought along.

"Fowler, you'll be with Conrad. Simmons, with me."

Fowler and Simmons saluted and marched over to Conrad and Reptilian, respectively. Reptilian climbed in the passenger seat of Bootleg's vehicle.

"It's a long drive. Let's get moving before we lose the merc."

67tlbk.png

OOC: Okay I can work with that I suppose.

IC: Triblade

Matt ran down the hallway of the school. He hadn't been able to find Aleks anywhere after he'd left him alone in the locker-room. Matt had checked all of his usual spots. He began opening random doors in the hallway as he ran past.

"Aleks?"

Finally he got to one door and threw it open, unaware that it was Brianne's room. "Aleks you in there man?"

OOC: Did you miss my IC for Brianne Toast? Also this coding issue is making be angry. :/

IC: Conrad

"Well I guess you're stuck with me," Conrad said to Fowler with a sly smile and a cheesy wink. "Don't worry, you're not the one I'm looking to kill." Conrad said as he climbed back into his own vehicle and waited until Fowler crawled into the passenger side before following Reptilian down the road in the other vehicle.

Staff IC:

The world was full of fools. Fools who all too easily could forget the events of yesteryear, of what had happened to New York City. How Stark Tower had fallen, along with it's creator. They thought they were safe as long as SHIELD and the President of the United States stood watch. The whole world thought it was safe from another attack of that magnitude.

What they didn't realize was it had merely been a warning of what was to come.

But soon, very soon in fact, HYDRA would strike again, and the world would fully understand that the time for peace and prosperity was at an end.

Red Skull stood on his throne, surrounded by blackness, the only light coming from the endless amount of screens blaring unnatural light onto his skin. He watched them all carefully, almost as if in anticipation. Something was about to take place....

-----------------------------

It started in the ocean...or oceans you could say. All over the world reports of strange readings were coming from deep beneath the waves. At first they were mistaken for minor seismic activity, as it seemed to do nothing more make the tides a bit more fierce across many coasts.

They were quite wrong.

The first sign of alarm came from London, as massive churning just off the coast began causing trouble for any ships and those on the beach. People were starting to be evacuated when something massive began to emerge from the water.

Two cold and lifeless looking lights flickered as a massive mechanical head first emerged from the sea, soon a torso and two massive arms joined it, followed by the legs. As it stood to it's full height it was as tall as any skyscraper, the people below it like ants. It was black in color, though much of it's metal body appeared to have faded in color, as if it had been underwater for quite some time.

For a while it simply stood there, as if watching the panic and hysteria it was now causing below. Slowly the hum of energy grew louder and louder, the center of it's chest glowing a bright blue.

Then, it took a step, causing waves to crash against the beach head. It continued to move forward, slow at first, but then it began to pick up in speed. Nearly everyone on the shore way had made a run for it by the time it reached the beach. It continued to head straight for the center of the city, anything in it's path, whether it be a building, vehicle, or person, was crushed beneath it's humongous foot.

Reports of this disaster were only just being to be seen live for the rest of the world when another emerged near Tokyo, a minute later one was emerging in Hong Kong...then Paris, Quebec City, Miami, Los Angeles, Syndey...the list didn't seem to have an end as dozens of the machines appeared all across the globe.

The last one, however, emerged somewhere that had seen it's share of this war already....New York City. This last mechanical monstrosity was no different than the rest, and yet the air that now surrounded it seemed colder. As it stood in the New York Harbor it did not beeline for the center of the city like the rest...no it had a different objective in mind.

It started running straight toward Liberty Island. The Sleepers had awakened.

OOC: First major attack from HYDRA has begun! You can do whatever you want! Sit back and watch what happens, or engage one of the Sleepers at your own peril!

Though seriously, if you engage one of these things don't come crying to me if you die.

IC Tokiomi

Walking out of the closet, Tokiomi had retrieved a suit of snow gear. Laying it next to the table, he went looking for scanning equipment when his comm rang. "What is it..." He muttered.

OOC Toast, I'll leave it to your discretion whether we get involved in Mecha-Kaiju or we continue the original plan.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus smiled. “I do appreciate the offer. You must understand…This man, this Malcolm Rivers…” Romulus trailed off. “We’ve dug through his personal history. Born and raised in Britain. Family came over to avoid a rather nasty extremist. Changed their name, their background and such as. He had an excellent education. He was enrolled in the finest schools, top of his classes. A very promising fellow, one I would have considered approaching if I had been in the country at the time. Then the extremists caught up with his family. Parents were shot in front of him before the police could respond. The ordeal evidently drove him to enroll in the military. Joined up with a pan-European SpecOps unit after a few years of service, even my sources could only get me a name….and nothing else. The whole thing is quite strange. This unit referred to itself as the Cleaners. We have no idea what they do, why they were formed, all attempts to turn up any more information on them have met with failure.”

Romulus downed the rest of his wine. “We do know what happened next. Whatever these Cleaners are doing, Mr. Rivers simply couldn’t take it. He went insane, fell in with the terrorists who overthrew the extremists who killed his parents. In a way, he’s come full circle. Overthrew the government of the Congo in short order and ushered in one of the most brutal dictatorships it has been my displeasure to witness. He’s become convinced that all of the first world powers are aligned in a sinister conspiracy to….do something. His purges caught most of our agents before they could dig any deeper. Now we have precious little to go on. We know he’s clashed with just about every organization operating in the region. Brotherhood, the UN, the Pan-African Liberation Army and dozens of others, the only faction we know he’s had nonviolent association with has a rather…well, the name speaks for itself. They call themselves the Brothers of the Yellow Sign.”

“In short, Mr. Picker, the situation is rapidly spiraling out of control. We’re working on rebuilding our network, but frankly, I am tempted to abandon the nation entirely.”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC Tokiomi

Tokiomi picked up.

"Moshi moshi... Arienai! Meka?!... Hai, hai." Tokiomi put down the communicator and turned to Rashad. "Attacks are being launched against the world's major coastal cities by humongous mecha that came from underwater. New York's one of them." Sighing, Tokiomi began packing his things. "Not much that we can do; I'll contact The Peak and see if we can get an orbital bombardment; the rest's up to the Air Force. Straight out of a cartoon..." Tokiomi muttered that last statement sarcastically s he prepared to leave.

IC (Borte Khan)

Manduhai Incorporated’s New York headquarters was site of what could only be termed orderly panic. As New York had been the site of such things in the past, the security forces had a copious amount of plans to deal with such incursions and disasters. The employees were being shepherded to the basements, which had been reinforced to the point of qualifying as a bunker rather than a mere basement. Borte herself was at the center of the underground complex, in a lead-lined, armored room, flanked by the crème de la crème of her forces; Saphine was by her side and as was usual, couldn’t resist commenting on the situation. “Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don’t think our boys stand much of a chance against that thing if it swings our way. Yeah, we got alotta weapons that the NYPD would raise their eyebrows at, but I don’t think six VTOLs are gonna cut it.”

Borte, seated at her desk, was the very picture of calm. “I control their retirement funds.” She waved her hand dismissively. “I doubt they will look our hard at our actions in any case. The evacuation is almost complete…the entire building could come down upon us and we could withstand it. Rest assured, I spared no expense on this precaution.”

“Ain’t gonna do much good if that thing is carrying soldiers. Our boys are good, but I’m not betting on them against a HYDRA force.” Saphine’s expression could only be defined as dubious. Way she saw it, the boss was putting way to much confidence in a few layers of reinforced concrete and such. She’d believe this place could take that kind of force when she saw it.

Borte shrugged. “We shall see. We shall see.”

Saphine knew what that meant. Conversation was over, ethier the boss knew she’d screwed up big time by not grabbing the first helicopter out of the city or she was tired of the conversation. Both were quite possible.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC Guys, okay if I drag Hellfire into this?

IC Marianne

"What. The. ."

There were things that could shock in the Inhuman, and giant anime-esque mecha rising out of the ocean were among them. Looking out her window, Marianne's jaw dropped as she beheld the sight of a massive metal man heading towardsLiberty Island. Instinctively, she began to head for the safe house in the lower levels.

IC: Since Alec lacked the ability to spontaneously create the plants, he was forced to be a bit more tactical about where he placed them. Entrance to the Danger Room, access corridor to the floor John's room was on, the little patch of garden just underneath the window in John's room in case he decided to leave that way, and various other strategic points like that. Hopefully that should be enough to let them know John's comings and goings and whether he was using the school, and whether or not he was using it as the hub for his international murder-ring of ninja assassin werewolves or whatever he was up to this time

IC: Scorcher just earned himself another disapproving look from Magnitude. Fortunately they were nearly at the underground sanctuary so Scorcher wouldn't have to put up with anymore such withering criticisms

IC: Persephone had volunteered to take the first watch. Indeed all the watches really. She didn't really need to sleep thanks the contained star in her torso feeding her all the power she needed. So she had been wide awake for the reports and alarms of giant robots attacking stretches of the coastline, and had been halfway armoured up when Aella awoke with a shriek.

"Hey there, you alright?" she asked, halting her checks of her finger servos

IC: "Barely even a chance to stretch me legs," Booleg said with a tone of mock complaint as he started driving towards Denver, "I take it Conrad don't make such good company?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

John Harken- Safe House

IC: The sound of Aelle's shriek had awoken John. For a second he just lay there, his eyes still closed and his breathing even and slow, as if he had been asleep. When he was sure that it was not an attack or something, he got up, quietly making his way into the main room.

Upon seeing Persephone dealing with the problem, John checked his communicator and froze. He quickly typed out a confirmation to the emergency message before rushing over to where Mikhail was sleeping and rousing him.

"Get up. Emergency alert coming in from command."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC(Cynegild Picker):

Had he been drinking anything, it was highly probable that it would have been sprayed over the table when the name of the faction Rivers had aligned himself with was mentioned. He coughed, apparently clearing his throat while buying time to compose himself, and looked across the table of Romulus, concern and fear clear on his face.

"Before I say anything, and risk saying too much where it is not needed, I must be sure I heard you correctly - you say they called themselves the Brothers of the Yellow Sign?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC Reyson

Reyson could feel it.

Every step the Sleepers took, he could feel it. Every fish that fled in terror, every coral reef that was crushed underfoot, every whole carved into the ground, Reyson could feel it. His entire body began throbbing in pain, the psychic link between him and the Earth activating, letting him sense what was going on all around the world.

"It has started," Reyson whispered. "They have awoken."

IC Tokiomi

"Unless we can contact Gassamat and have her teleport us, it will take a while to get to New York. Unless we could get Persephone or Vivus to fly us there..." Having packed all of his things, he set up a communicators to Agent Coulson's team. "Hello? Where are you guys? We are currently in the Denver safe house; can you pick us up?"

IC: Zack & Jordan

Everything was packed. Every surface in the hotel room had been checked and re-checked--they would leave no trail. Then Zack had decided to turn the TV on one more time before they left, just to see if anything significant was happening on the news. Yeah, those giant robots were probably significant.

“Jesus,” he muttered.

“What is it?” Jordan asked.

Zack switched off the TV.

“Nothing.”

He plucked the ID card from the table, opened the window, and tossed the thing as hard as he could. It bounced against the pavement and clattered to a halt, it’s emblem’s eyes still glowing.

IC: Reptilian

"Not exactly, no," Reptilian replied with a smirk (or whatever the lizard-man equivalent would be).

67tlbk.png