BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

NPC IC: Sign

In the Koro of Ice, Vhohan's announcement had been hammered into a block of ice near the center of town. It was the only thing on the ice, and it stood out rather well. Many traveled through the cold to look at it, only to see it had been written in the language of the Skakdi, one they did not understand.

SKAKDI OF MATA NUI

DO YOU FEEL OPPRESSED OR CONTROLLED?

ARE YOU SICK OF THE KOROS BEING ON THE BRINK OF WAR?

DO YOU WANT TO GET AWAY FROM THE KOROS?

MY NAME IS VHOHAN, AND I HAVE A SOLUTION.

BE A PART OF A GLORIOUS NEW KORO FOR SKAKDI.

FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR PEOPLE, AND THIS ISLAND.

COME TO 567 WEST USSAL STREET IN ONU-KORO FOR MORE.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Zadron)

Heads I win.

A widget sprang into the air with a slight chime, spinning end-over-end in a blur, up and down to land back on the thumb that had tossed it.

Tails you lose.

The assassin lay lazily on the inn bed, slouched against its head; one leg straight, the other bent at the knee and sticking up in a casual triangle.

Heads I win.

The room was plain, though with his earnings he could quite easily have afforded somewhere less seedy.

Tails you lose.

At least it was warm.

Tails you lose.

As fast as the strike of a Jaga tail, Zadron's arm slashed out, Radius Blade unsheathing in the blink of an eye. Sparks flew. The widget rattled on the floor, in two halves.

With a bored grunt, the Vortixx picked himself up off the bed and walked over to the room's simple basin, where he examined himself in the square of polished metal that served for a mirror, leaning against the wall on which it hung with one forearm. His eyes roved impassively over the sharp features, the scarred cheek, the thin-lipped mouth.

Another day, another job. One of his contacts had caught wind of work going for some very well-endowed people who apparently wanted the best, and...well. They knew where to find him.

Karz if the waiting wasn't dull, though. He threw himself back onto the bed, and picked up another coin from the pile. Such was the life.

Heads I win.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: (Jorruk Yokin/The Wastes/Ko-Wahi)

"So we do."

Coming to the the Toa, Jorruk asked. "Hello, sir, can you help us?"

IC:

The sanctum guard member had seen the pair approach from some ways off, and according to the latest security protocol, was prepared for anything. He was on his scheduled shift guardng a small supply depot/first-aid station. Every so often a traveller would get lost and it was easier to have watch stations to give directions than try to recover a body after somebody is late for too long.

"What assistance do you need?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Kiara I strode down the street, observing the every day life of the koro. I turned the corner, seeing something new. Posted on the bulletin, was a something new amidst the lost pets, and donation requests. It read "Skakdi of Mata nui." I took note of it in my jornal, and turned to continue on my way. There where more immediate threats. I reached my destination. It was a small ramshackle inn. For someone with such a good reputation, he had a poor taste. I opened the door carefully, as if it would explode. I walked in to find a sleeping inn manager. I pulled out my blade, and with a loud snap, inserted it a good bit of it into the wall. The employee awoke with a jolt. I shot him a seductive, yet persing glare. "How many people are in this inn." "One madam." "What room." To add some effect, a pulled out my zamor launcher, playing with the trigger a little bit. He quivered, "Umm, the third door to the left." He looked away. "Tell the truth." "Fine the, third door to the left. I didn't mean to lie I just keep my clients..." "Quiet, I know. I do to, but this is important." I walked to the door, and took piece of paper out of my metal notebook.

Request of Audience

You, by here order of the Company have been summoned for a possible job. Please seek out the nearest Company member at the requested location. Look for a Vorixx reading a copy of the Mata Nui daily in the main plaza. This agent will be YOUR ONLY CHANCE AT THIS JOB. Please make your meeting as discreet as possible.

As ordered from:

Aurora

OOC: Hey, I am getting better at NPC interaction.

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC (Zadron)

Zadron's ears pricked up as the faint scraping of paper sounded from the room's door. Cautiously, like a cat approaching something that might be prey or threat, he walked to where he saw a note had been pushed under his door. Picking it up, he examined the text thereon.

Request of Audience

Well, that sounded very officious. People that pretentious normally paid rather well.

You, by here order of the Company have been summoned for a possible job. Please seek out the nearest Company member at the requested location.

He wasn't positive that the first sentence made sense, but it still seemed interesting enough. A 'Company', eh...

Look for a Vorixx reading a copy of the Mata Nui daily in the main plaza.

'Vorixx'? Seriously?

This agent will be YOUR ONLY CHANCE AT THIS JOB. Please make your meeting as discreet as possible.

As ordered from:

Aurora

That was more like it. This 'Company' were going to sufficient lengths to remain inconspicuous that Zadron's interest was piqued; if they had a job, he certainly wanted to know what it was. Slipping the paper into a pouch at his wait, he donned the white cloak he'd acquired (black in Ko was a mistake he'd made once before; never again), pulling up the hood. He left the handful of widgets where they were; the innkeeper may as well have a tip.

Giving the aforementioned a nod of his head as he walked past, he stepped out of the inn and into the cold, snow-covered streets of the Village of Ice. It wasn't long before he reached the plaza; as usual, it was thronging with travellers, tourists and merchants - though still considerably quieter than the average Mata Nui town square. It wasn't long before he spotted his new contact - she blended in fairly well, being coloured more like a being of Ice than the usual Vortixx, but to an assassin's sharp senses she was quite visible. In her hands was a copy of the Mata Nui Daily, which she was doing a pretty good job of looking interested in.

He walked over, casually leaning back on the wall next to her and looking down at the paper.

"Reading the Daily," he remarked. "I hear you're interested in making a contribution to the obituaries section."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kiara I flipped down the obituary section. I rolled my finger down the page reading the letters allowed."A, B, C, D, E." I stopped. "Ea, Eb, Ec. Ecf, Ecg, Ech, no, no, he isn't here. I suppose I will have to help make the entry." "Tell me sir," I turned, "Do you still take jobs from him? Echelon, I believe is his name."

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC (Zadron)

The assassin's face remained unreadable, save a blink as the contact uttered Echelon's name. He didn't speak for a good few seconds.

"I've...done some editorial work for him in the past, you might say," he said evenly.

This is the job? the Vortixx thought to himself, very careful not to let the surprise show. These people want to kill him?

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Kiara I snatched the paper out of his hand. I looked at it and frowned, "A day doesn't go bye that he misspells the most important of things." I muttered under my breath, adding a T to the misspelled word. "Go to the wastes. Count the flags, till the 45th. Go to the side of the the mountain from there." I folded the piece of paper and handed it back to him. "Everything else will be explained there. Any questions?"

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC (Zadron)

"If everything will be explained there, what would be the point of asking questions now?" Zadron observed dryly as he tucked the paper back into his pouch. Without waiting for a response, he turned on his heel and disappeared into the throng of beings, his white-cloaked figure soon lost in the crowds.

The assassin strode through the Wastes' thick snowdrifts, cloak wrapped tightly around him. Zadron was no stranger to Ko-Wahi; working for Echelon had sent him on long walks through the wastes on more than a few occasions; but even with experience, the biting chill could never quite be ignored.

As he reached the forty-fifth red pennant, the falling snow cleared a little. Shielding his eyes against the glare, he gazed up at the peak that loomed above him. Some would have been awed at the sight, some intimidated, but the Ihu's majesty was lost on Zadron. He was just here for the job.

Trudging through the snow towards the nearest cliff of the mountain's face, he kept a sharp eye out for any sign of the people he was meant to meet here.

IC: Ferum Ferum just had enough of the cold. He did not care which cool dude they hired, if he did not show up in five minutes, the matoran would walk strait back into the newly built base, close the door, and lock it. Unfortunately, he wasn't going to get to go in. The mercenary had shown up. He walked out to the newcomer. "..."

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC: Jorruk, Ardron, and Kriigata (brotherhood members on bunny until Friday)

Jorruk shuddered from a southern breeze, pulling his brown cloak tighter in a futile effort to ward himself from the inevitable chill, unlike Kriigata who received the punishment of the wind with a giddy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Ardron did nothing, his mind blank without the conscious demands of his master. Behind them was the empty cart."What assistance do you need?" The guard asked, his face dark save for the grey eyes which darted with curiosity about the motley group. Kriigata returned his stare with a frightened look, and then Jorruk began weaving with his viper's tongue.

"Thank the spirit you're here! We were beset in the mountains by bandits, they stole our food and kidnapped Maeri, my cousin. Please help us. They've holed up behind a crystal wall in a cavern and we can't get through with our elements." Jorruk's words were filled with haste, with terror, and in the end even with bitterness for his own shortcomings. Kriigata remained silent, playing the part of a shock stricken woman while the lies wormed disdainfully through her conscience. She made a silent vow to someday purge the island of Jorruk's miserable groveling.

IC:

Kecand raised an eyebrow at the mention of bandits. The toa thought he had wiped out that pack of scum a few weeks back... it is unsettling to Kecand for them to have resurged so quickly and boldly. His grip tightened on his patero as the toa of crystal's gaze simultaneously darting between the trio rapidly.

"Where is this 'cavern'?" The Guardsman asked.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC: I look forward to it! IC: Ferum The small let out a rare sigh as he walked up to seemingly blank rock face. It could have fooled passerby, but an observant person would have noticed a light circle indented into the stone. He knocked. From inside, a barely audible voice said something around the lines of, "Karz, why did he make this thing so complex." After a few minutes, the door opened about half-way. It would half to do. Ferum slipped inside, signaling the assassin to follow. He looked down the long light-stone light hallway. Evenly spaced doors lined the hallway. Ferum directed the assassin's attention to the map carved in the wall. "Don't pay attention to the maps, all the rooms are labeled wrong." He pointed at a room labeled 'trash disposal area', "For instance, that is the Archives," He pointed to the room labeled archives, "And don't even try to open that door." He walked to a door to the end of the hallway. Ferum opened it reviled a crystal table, with many crystalline stools around it, and the toa of crystal standing on the table throwing crystal knives at the wall. The matoran proceed to sit down on one of the stools, ignoring the cool dude1on the table. --------------------------1: cool dude pronunciation Id-e-ot OCC: Sorry if I took him over a little bit there...

Edited by Aurora the cat

OOC: If anyone wants to interact with me, feel free to just let me know.

IC: Ryzen

Ryzen stood in the koro, wandering. I must stop this nonsense. Trying to remember how he even got here. All I remembered was getting into the gates...and that was days, perhaps weeks ago.

Maybe I'll find an answer sometime. Ignoring his surroundings, he slowed down his pace, and without looking at anything he tried to recall what had happened.

IC (Zadron)

Zadron followed the Matoran through the carven hallway, noting its ironic resemblance (in some ways) to Echelon's headquarters. Perusing the map that was indicated to him, he quickly memorised the base's layout despite the ridiculous mislabelling. Any information could be useful information.

Proceeding into the crystal-furnished room at the corridor's end, he seated himself opposite the Matoran, arms folded on the table. He said nothing, waiting for Ferum to speak first.

IC:

Kecand raised an eyebrow at the mention of bandits. The toa thought he had wiped out that pack of scum a few weeks back... it is unsettling to Kecand for them to have resurged so quickly and boldly. His grip tightened on his patero as the toa of crystal's gaze simultaneously darting between the trio rapidly.

"Where is this 'cavern'?" The Guardsman asked.

IC:

"Just back over the hill," Kriigata chimed in, a finger pointing toward the south.

IC:

Kecand looked in the direction that Kriigata had pointed to. The toa of crystal picked up a quiver of red flags leaning on the nearby wall of the igloo. With the leather package of guidance slung loosely from his wrist via a strap made of similar material, he replied.

"Show me the way. I will do my best to defeat the bandits and free your friend with my elemental powers. If you have any combat experience, you may help if you want,"

The toa waited for the others to tell him some more specific directions as the various tools and weapons strapped to his body swayed in the wind.

IC: Jorruk nodded, patting the tall figure of Adron on the shoulder as he set off toward direction of the ice cavern, bundling his own cloak about himself all the while. The snow stuck to his shins in clots of cold, and the toa of air occasionally sent a small breeze to dislodge them. Kriigata stayed rooted at the small camp.

"I don't know how to fight," she admitted when Kecand's quizzical eye turned to her. "I've only used a bow for hunting, and that fairly recently." She rolled her head in a circle before turning back toward the ussal and cart, leading it into the small stable. The roof was made of ice, but inside there was straw and rushes to provide further insulation for the rahi. She waited as the white and black toa jogged over the horizon after Jorruk. A dull stillness filled the air, the disconcerting sound of silence before the rush of imminent chaos.

With a soft pressure in her forehead the kanohi of stealth activated. Slinking through the snow, only her footsteps gave away her direction, white pockets disappearing into a nearby ko-koro hut. She was alone, Kecand having been the only guard on duty. Smirking, her body returned to full visibility as she began rooting around. There were foodstuffs, medicinal herbs in jars, even a tiny armory stocked with Sanctum Guard issue weaponry. With one particular item she let out a whistle and said, “hello beautiful.”

~

Meanwhile, Jorruk pressed onwards into the snow, attempting small talk with the guard striding stiffly beside him. Learning Kecand truly was a toa of crystal Jorruk found himself barely suppressing a gloating sneer. Finally they arrived.

“Just up there,” Jorruk whispered. Above them on a sloping hillside of snow was a shelf of rock. Its maw was lined in sharp daggers of ice. “I don’t hear anything… Did they kill her already? It’s so quiet, almost as if… It’s a trap?”

At the word Ardron unleashed a loud battle cry and tackled the toa of crystal, taking the element of surprise with force as he attempted subdue the guard. Jorruk bounced back, lithe despite his form, and waved his hands in circles, summoning the currents of air and pulling the falling snow with them into blinding gusts.

IC: Ryzen

Ryzen decided to leave. There was nothing much here for him anymore. Heading to the gates, he tried to recall something. Was it something? No. Nothing. Passing the gates, he walked into the wilderness.

Checking his bag for anything important(which he found none) he headed for a place. Where should it be? He knew the answer now, planting his foot into that direction.

OOC: Ryzen to Le-Wahi

IC (Zadron) "Normally, I make a point of keeping a 'no-questions-asked' policy," the Vortixx said, leaning on the table with one elbow. "But Echelon isn't your average target. I can't help but be curious as to just who you people are, and why you want him dead." Zadron's tone was measured, but like a sheathed knife it hid an edge of...something. "Besides that, the usual things; proof of success, working alone or with a team, et cetera..."

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Ferum The fe-matoran sighed. "I guess he is not your usual target, but we have plans. And Echelons intentions, would, interfere with our plans." "You may work alone, or with a team, that would be your choice. For proof that you have killed him, bring us his mask, and his staff. You must bring both."

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC:

The wetworker looked at his colleague. she didn't look as energized as she had when he had first met here, which attributed mostly to cabin fever. He knew what it was like. You got your orders, you prepared and they you played the waiting game. That was one of the difficulties of the job: Not getting sloppy and slipping up during the time before a hit and maintaining a high level of alertness.

"Any news from the employer?" he asked. She shook her head. Not surprising, considering the successful summit of the Akiri. He chuckled. "Don't think that'll become a priority any time soon."

"Doesn't look like it." she sighed. The Traveler closed the door behind them and pulled a roll of parchment from his satchel. "Well, if it helps with your boredom, I've completely preparations for the main-reason I came here." he said, unrolling the parchment and spreading it out on the small tablet in the room. He plucked the two curved daggers from his belt, where they were inconspicuously sheathed as part of his belt-buckle and used them to weigh down the edges of the parchment. He motioned for Taleen to scoot closer. A layout of a larger house was drawn on the map, with indicators for elevation, vegetation and the surrounding terrain. In comparison to the detailed outside, the building itself was lacking, except for a few entrances, windows and other features noted.

"Wanna help me out?" he asked.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Taleen

"You have to ask?" Taleen quipped as she analyzed the map, soaking in every detail she could. She was more than eager to do something other than waste away inside an inn.

"I'm guessing you want to break into this structure?" She asked, already forming several ways to do so in her mind. Multiple entrances, not to mention all the windows, it seemed to be a rather easy break and enter.

"Seems like it would be too easy." There had to be more to it, obviously.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Zadron)

Without another word, the Vortixx rose to his feet and left the Company's base, the heavy door creaking shut behind him. Tugging his cloak tighter around him, he began his second march through the drifts of that day.

Though his strides were firm and controlled, his mind reeled with indecision.

Another long snow-covered trudge later, Zadron was back in the main square of the Village of Ice. Peering out from his starch-white hood, he scoured the scene for the woman with the Daily.

Whether she'd been hanging around here all the considerable time he'd been gone was anyone's guess.

OOC: This post was drummed up and completed per head GM request.

IC:

Snow fell lightly in waves onto the already porcelain grounds of Ko-Koro; one such ice crystal, large and lovely, intricately shaped, landed on his tongue; it melted and died without a show or struggle.

His feet did not touch the encrusted ground for much longer. The De-Matoran - who was so ordinary of title he was practically nameless, so common of features he was practically faceless, and of no consequence to our story beyond this particular chapter - had always been a climber. In Le-Wahi, where he was born and bred to adulthood, he had practiced climbing foliage, placing his feet on looped vines; oftentimes he would utilize particularly sturdy knots, or on branches, or even squirrel holes when the bark of the massive trees would fail him. When he was an adolescent, one time he'd used one such squirrel hole and the actual squirrel had taken a massive chunk out of his foot. That was the closest he had ever come to falling; the faceless man never fell.

It must be said of this man that he was no particular intellectual as well, and he possessed no more conscience than your typical Rahi. He had been grown up on his own, an urchin, lord paramount of the intricate spider's web that were the Le-Koro alleyways, and king of nothing but a host of broken bottles and old planks; conscience had always been a failing of lesser kings. He'd been given a fifty-widget piece as a down payment for the atrocity about to unfold in the City of Ice. It was more payment than he'd asked for or wanted; his only request was that he be remembered, for better or worse. The faceless man just wanted someone besides the spiders to know his name.

He never, ever fell; ice was jagged and he was light on his feet, so he put what natural footing he could find to good use, clambering and sneaking his way up the Frostbite Inn with the intimate familiarity only an acolyte of the spiders could truly possess. His opportune moment came in eight minutes, when the Sanctum Guard would change shifts from its day squad to the sentinels who watched over the Target in his hour of rest. From his angle on the Inn's roof he could squint and angle his head right to see the balcony. Shadows, dreams of shapes, glinted in the twilight and made prisms off the ice. It was worth the caution to duck backwards a little. It actually would do the faceless man good, come to think of it; in one of his rare moments of dull brilliance he decided to break off little chunks off the roof and affix them to his hands. The chill was an awful thing, wet and hard and apt to cause shivers, but he only needed them long enough to leap onto another roof. This time, the surface was wooden and well-made, designed to try and keep out chill. No doubt this was a foreigner's home, perhaps a restaurant or a hospital erected by an out-of-towner. That was good; he had more natural cover for his black-and-soot armor as he crouched and observed the events unfolding in the private quarters. His opportune moment came in three and a half minutes.

Below, the Guards were checking the sun, hoping for some inside joke, a private whisper for the shift change. It was almost time.

"Akiri, it's getting dark," warned a small voice, hardly perceptible without his natural Sonic hearing; he had been warned this was 'Jaa,' a simple scribe, a man of words. If possible, no harm comes to Jaa, thought the simple little faceless man. "Is your workload so heavy that rest eludes you, even for a night?"

"Jaa, I've told you. Here, I'm just Matoro," returned a mildly amused voice. It was a weary voice, slightly sagging but proud; Target. "Rest comes some other night, I'm afraid. Tonight, my workload is that heavy."

He and the Target had a minute's head start remaining against the history books. They had fifty seconds. They had forty. They had thirty. They had twenty. Make it look clean. Make it look real. The guards left; when they rounded the corner, out of sight, he knew he had seventy-nine seconds more to act before the new guards came and his chance was blown. This is it. Make it look real.

He leaped.

Even had he not been wearing his glacial climbing spikes, such was his adrenaline that he could well have scaled the walls anyway. Taking a vantage point from the side, ducking low to avoid being caught from the balcony by the corner of a prying eye, he sneaked up to the roof and then swooped in with his legs, like he was on a swing set back home. Back home, there had been no swing sets, not for boys like him, just vines and roots and possibly snakes if he was unlucky. He closed his eyes and vaulted in feet first onto the side of the balcony. He'd made it with fifty four seconds to spare. The spiders would have had closer to fifty-seven. He had to be quicker.

The Target's back was to him, but Jaa saw him; thinking surprisingly quickly and implementing surprising strength for a man of his ability, the faceless killer wrenched the scribe's tablet from him and cracked the Target in the side of the head as he turned around. He fell with a low groan, and Jaa began screaming for the guards, that there was an intruder, that he was going to escape, that something called the Akiri had been attacked. He didn't know anything about an Akiri, just a Target; thinking on his feet for once he wrenched the chisel from the hysterical Jaa and stabbed it through the Target's throat. It gave him no great satisfaction to watch his face go from hurt and surprised to shocked and scared, and he felt bad, like he should reach out and cradle the Target like a wounded Rahi for a minute. The head spider wouldn't have appreciated that, though, so what he did instead was watch the blood on the chisel and the blood on the tablet and the blood from the Target spurt out and land everywhere on the floor and the desk. With a final lurch, he yanked the tool out and the man lay still; spattered in blood and weird wetness from his eyes the faceless man spun around and tossed the tool at Jaa. It hit his palm and left a sickly red spot before landing at his feet.

He had eighteen seconds to run, and he ran. He leaped from the balcony the same way he leaped onto it, and caught hold of a roof edge that he hoisted himself up onto. Everyone else was running, running into doors, running into windows. The one named Jaa was still screaming, hysterically sobbing "It wasn't me, intruder, an intruder came in, Matoro was my friend!"

He didn't know what a Matoro was, but he knew his job was finished. The faceless killer leaped from the roof as far as he could into the snow. He stuck to the shadows, trudging behind and beside buildings for three blocks, ducking out of sight when he had to, avoiding the Matoran running around with snowflake badges like the head spider told him to. He finally made his way into a decrepit old Inn, the Dirty Icicle, and sat down by the fire and warmed himself with a drink and a hot meal, like the head spider told him to. He sat down and slept for a couple hours like the head spider told him to before walking out to his window and observing Ko-Koro.

I did well, he thought, as he put the fifty-widget piece into his mouth just like the head spider told him to. The cold wind picked up and brushed his bare arms and face, and suddenly he shivered, feeling a bit light headed. He brushed it off for a couple seconds before it took hold of him even further, gnawed at his bones, ate away at his reserve of strength. Suddenly the stars looked a little more blurry...

It occurred to him then that he'd forgotten to tell people his name when he'd walked into Ko-Koro; only the spiders had known his name. He made a low little groan and the coin rolled out of his mouth, into a crack between two floorboards, stuck there; his eyes rolled up lightly as he put his hands out onto the windowsill.

He fell gracefully.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "And so, the wind ceases." he wrote thoughtfully, scrawling the words down from upon his seat on a local bench.

A pause. Consideration.

A light gust of wind carried the crumpled wad of paper off into the distance, and the bare-chested Toa rose.

He muttered under his breath, stretching and causing the stylized bird on his back, wreathed in flames, to spread its wings further.

One could argue for the phrase to be something profound and philosophical, such as the discarding of one era in favor of another to rise from it's ruins.

In truth, however, the whole phenomenon was far more mundane and down to earth than what one might expect from a Toa quite literally wearing symbolism on his person.

"I really suck at poetry."

Sudokuronu rolled his neck and shoulders, shaking off the snow that had accumulated while he sat, and began to walk.

The wind began to flow once more.

helo frens