Talk about Legends

The Lorax

Gameplay TopicDiscussion TopicProfile Topic

Talk about Legends

This is the discussion topic for City of Legends. Use this topic to discuss the game, ask questions, invite other players to join in your legends and post OOC comments.

Past Events: They haven’t happened yet! The game has only just started. Unless you want the backstory, in which case:

• TSO wants to construct a DH base in Metru Nui. Dume told him to shove off.
  • TSO released the Kanohi Dragon on Metru Nui and offered to deal with the monster in exchange for building the base. Dume declined the offer.
  • TSO sent an assassin to kill Dume. Dume was not impressed.
  • TSO decided that he would have Metru Nui no matter what, and declared war.
  • Vakama has a vision of the great kanoka disks, and Ancient makes his discovery in the archives
  • Play begins!

09/11/13 - Start playing the game! Meet some other characters, get into a fight or kick off your own plots. Profiles for canon characters should be PMed to The Lorax within three days from the time of this post. After that, a decision will be made on any that were contested, and all will become available for play. Profiles for canon characters will still be accepted after this point, though many will likely be taken.

13/11/13 - Canon characters have been awarded.

Current Events:

• A Dark Hunter attack is in progress at a protodermis purification facility in southern Ga-Metru. Three Toa are battling a Skakdi and a massive catapult scorpion. Extensive damage has been caused, and a squad of Vahki are on their way.
  • Avak and Vezok are exploring Ko-Metru, looking for plans for a weapon.
  • Lhikan's team (including Zorvon, Skald and Turano) have been lead to Ga-Metru by Vhisola, and are in the process of vlaiming thier first Great Disk.
  • Lariska is putting together her own team of Dark Hunters.

Coming Events: ???

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Name: Iralia

Species: Toa

Faction: Mangai Nui

Element: Plasma

Kanohi: Mask of Adaption

Appearance: Unlike the majority of Toa of Plasma, Iralia's armor is colored black and orange, the orange being more prevalent in the armor. She has a slim but muscular figure. Her mask is a very interesting sight, however. Unlike it's normal shape, her Mask of Adaption is shaped like Calix. Her mask grants her a slight degree of shapeshifting, so her body does change under the circumstances it is under i.e. being underwater would grant her gills and flippers.Equipment: Iralia carries a spear with her at all times. It has very ornamental staff, but the spearpoint itself is still sharp and a regular weapon. From just before the spear point, there are two chains of beads hanging. These are symbolical memories for two of her former Toa team members who died in the past.Biography: Iralia is from a village in the center of the Southern Continent, where she lived with her Toa Team, the Matoran she protected and her Turaga. Two Toa of her team died when the village was attacked by a small group of Dark Hunters- the Hunters were repelled afterwards.

Iralia then became the deputy of her team, and protected it for many more years. When her Turaga heard of what was going on in Metru Nui, Iralia was sent to help the Toa. She was the second strongest, and the strongest had to protect the village.Personality: Iralia is normally a very friendly and sociable person. She is very honorable, always giving an opponent a chance to fight or flee. She would never attack an unarmed fighter, unless she had been responsible for the disarming in a fight she cause.

However, once she begins a hunt, she gains a single-minded fixation on completing it. She will not talk to anyone of any matter but the hunt, and focus solely on clues from around her.

Skills/Strengths: Iralia is a very skilled hunter and detective. She can pick up a trail for even the slightest clues, and can pursue faster with her Mask of Adaption. She has trained for many years as a hunter, always pushing her limits to see how good she really is.Weaknesses: If the environment is changed fast enough, she will be unable to transform. She has small stores of Elemental Energy for a Toa, and can run out quickly.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I'll let Canis answer this since it's his character, but generally, the gender rules are considered an acceptable break from canon in games like this one. Of course, Iralia might be like Orde, you'd have to ask Canis.

And ToA and turtleman, this discussion topic is here so that you don't have to make OOC only posts in the gameplay topic. If you have something OOC to say, say it here.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

OOC Lorax, I know I edited my post but I did say that the floor and baisicly become unable to hold weight, so your guy should be falling, not swinging his sword at me, unless I missed something.

@turtleman, not saying its impossible, but how does Baun use his Magnetic powers to lift himself up?

Again with the OOC only posts, guys. Use the discussion topic for things like this.

To answer the questions, the edit was made after my post, so it really should have been in a new post for new actions - the old ones had all been responded to. Putting that in afterwards is a bit like a retro-active auto-dodge, which is not good.

Anyway, to deal with all the confusion around ninja-ings and edits, I propose this solution:

ToA can make a new post describing the density-controlling of the ground (a small volume of pavement, mind you. It's a bit of a stretch to include the floor in "self and objects that one is touching/carrying". Just because you're touching the ground doesn't allow you to control the entire MU's density. On this occasion, we'll let it go, because it's a cool, creative use of the power.) The new post can describe the results of Dekuna's and Baun's attacks, and then the density-reduction of the street. Once that is up, we'll all go from there.

And Turtleman is completely correct about well-trained Toa of magnetism repelling their own armour from the ground in order to hover.

Does that sort out everything? Good, let's continue.

ppg2.png

Can I make a DH character and join the fight in Le-Metru as him too? Or would that be weird seeing as how I would be fighting myslef.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

That is fine, so long as you play it well. Maybe your new guy could fight one of the other Toa while Baun fought Monorahk, and that would avoid any weirdness.

Thats what I was thinking, after I had already written the previous post :P

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

Three days is up, so it's time to give out the first round of canon characters to those who made profiles for them.

Naho goes to Falcon Lord.

Vezok goes to Canis Lupus.

Galoli (unknown Toa Mangai) goes to ZakarOh!.

Avak goes to ZakarOh!.

Lariska goes to ZararOh!.

Congratulations to the winners. You may now post your profiles in the profile topic and begin playing these guys.

These characters have been removed from the list of available canon characters. Other canon characters can still be PC-ified, and will be given out on a first-come first-served basis now that the competition period is over. Anyone who wants one need only write up a profile and post it in the appropriate topic.

ppg2.png

I wanted to write a profile for Zaktan, can I just copy and paste some stuff from BS01 or do I need to write out the whole thing. I'll put in only the stuff before he left the DHs obviously.

Edited by turtleman

Random comments to make, so here!

-There seems to be a large amount of random spaces in the second bullet of Past Events, between Dume and declined.

-Speaking of Past Events, the wording is great. 'Dume told him to shove off.' 'Dume was not impressed.'

-If this continues in normal Dume posts, I'm going to be on the floor for every one of those posts. :P

-This. Is. Awesome.

That's all. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC @Turtleman

Actually your guy can't see me, a level 6 Chameleon is compelely invisible in any enviornment.

@Cynis

I think creating a sphere around my character is auto hitting seeing as if you decided to collapse the sphere, my guy wouldn't have a chance to escape. It also doesn't make sense that you could just form a sphere around my character without a sphere being launched at him, which gives him the chance to dodge while you created a attack without giving me a chance to respond, just my two sense, I'll let Lorax settle this though.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

@Cynis

I think creating a sphere around my character is auto hitting seeing as if you decided to collapse the sphere, my guy wouldn't have a chance to escape. It also doesn't make sense that you could just form a sphere around my character without a sphere being launched at him, which gives him the chance to dodge while you created a attack without giving me a chance to respond, just my two sense, I'll let Lorax settle this though.

It's not a complete sphere. And this is what happened: Iralia made some plasma streams and manipulated them around the Rahkshi. She formed them into the shape of a sphere, and then began to shrink it, making it smaller. And she isn't trying to kill the Rahkshi- these things obviously have some intelligence, unlike your typical Rahkshi.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

@ Zakaro: I'm glad you like it. I wrote that as a spur-of-the-moment thing when someone asked about the backstory during the contest. I might keep the tone going for Dume posts though.

@ ToA and Canis: It looks like you've already sorted this, but I'll include what I was halfway through writing anyway.

Creating a sphere around a character is OK in my opinion. Canis did not describe ToA's character's response to the sphere, only his own character's intention. ToA's character is still able to fight its way out of the sphere by disrupting or breaking it, of by attacking its creator to disrupt her concentration. It may be difficult, but things like this were never meant to be easy.

On the "no chance to dodge" part, this attack is no different from a toa of fire heating the area around a target or a toa of gravity putting a foe into 0G. Both of those can't really be dodged (only defended against) but are allowed, so long as the effects on and response of the target character are not described in the attacking post. This is the essence of autohitting, in my mind at least.

ppg2.png

His character is a Toa of magnetism, correct? Your rahkshi is a big hunk of metal, so it will stick out like a solar flare to anyone paying attention to the magnetic fields in the area. Even when invisible, it is very difficult for anyone to escape the sixth elemental sense.

I haven't read the posts too carefully, so it may be an honest mistake of not seeing that your character was invisible, but to me, this seems to be the most likely explanation of how they were found.

ppg2.png

I just assumed that if you bump into something the invisibility would go away. I don't really know though, I've never seen them in comics or movies before. Lorax's explanation works if you like it.

Hey, Canis? Didn't you ask this same question a couple of months ago in a contest review? :P I'll quote it.

Playing as canon characters looks to be fun, but there is one character that shouldn't be there. This occurs before the Shadowed One tried to kill Zaktan, and as such, Zaktan's third power is unknown. Perhaps it is some sort of one-use reactionary evolution, perhaps not.

I'm happy for Zaktan to be on that list, because his third power is, in fact, explained in canon. According to Greg, Zaktan was a slight mutant even before Spiriah's experiments, so he reacted to the viruses differently to other Skakdi. He never got a third power.

Also, Zaktan got split into protodites in 4,000 BGC. This game happens 2,000 years after that, so being protodites makes up for that lack.

ppg2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kanohi? Yay or Nay?

Since there's nothing in canon either way, it's up to you. Throw up a profile and we'll go from there.

For everyone waiting on me, I hope to get a good post up later tonight. If I don't, it means I've been swallowed by a good book somewhere. Send a search party.

ppg2.png