What became of the Seatron and Sea monster prototypes?

Klanadack

Seatron was a cancelled space theme, which would combine underwater and space settings. Prototypes of the sets were made, but development stopped due to the failure of Futuron's monorail. The most interesting prototype made, however, was an alien, which would have had a unique head, leg, and torso mold.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/Space-Prototypes/43.bmp

The sea monster was a Loch-Ness inspired creature that would have had a similar build to the classic dragon. It was seen in a single prototype castle image, but was never released.

Monster.png

My question is: Does anyone know what became of these prototypes? They both look amazing for their time, especially the Seatron Alien.

Some images of Seatron ships that show that more than one aliens may have been made, but the sea monster only exists in one image.

EDIT:

Yes! I actually got a link working on the first try!

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Chances are since the LEGO Group had nothing they could do with those prototypes, they were recycled. Letting them leave LEGO headquarters would mean risking them falling into the hands of a competitor. And LEGO headquarters doesn't have nearly enough space to keep every prototype model or figure they produce that doesn't end up in a finalized set. Also, as set designer Mark Stafford explains here, prototypes also can't be sold or given away because they might not meet toy safety regulations. Even though these prototypes were so much older than the ones he helped design, I imagine they would have had much the same fate.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Well, that's a shame. I think the sea monster might have become the crocodile, and the design of Frenzy from space police seems to resemble that of the seatron alien, so I guess we got them in some shape or form.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!